Thread: Sacrafice Torque Latent     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sacrafice Torque Latent

71 SMN
    Latent: Enhances avatar attack
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just tested it out.

Takes 7hp/tick from SMN to give Avatar +attk when the avatar is out.

Out of the few BPs I did, it seemed to add about ~100 to each BP.\

EDIT: not only when engaged.

7HP with /whm? 1HP Auto regen + Regen spell and the HP - won't really do much.

sounds like a win

Sea Torques
    BG Level

does stoneskin absorb the hp u lose or not? like some1 said regen+/whm and it not even a thought

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Who cares about HP drain when you're sicing for a second and BPing. Great swap gear, definately a win.

Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    does stoneskin absorb the hp u lose or not? like some1 said regen+/whm and it not even a thought
    I think stoneskin would be a waste of a cast for this unless you have it up anyway. Not like your using Souleater on Rdm/drk

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

sorry if I missed it but where do you get it from?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes, stoneskin was eating the -HP latent.

Nice, just what SMN needed, stronger physical BPs. Maybe now people will use them to kill every HNM in the game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

yeah I too would like to know where this is from, pelase tell

One dropped from 5 runs in Jade Sepulcher ISNM

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Uncapped, i presume ?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was playing around with the one that dropped just a moment ago. I haven't done any extensive parses or anything. But first, I tried attacking a Fomor just outside whitegate (EP), and between torque and no torque, I didn't see much difference in melee hits. I then started attacking a Lesser Colibri (also EP) nearby, and I noticed about 10-20 damage difference between torque and no torque. After the Colibri died, I rested up since I was already far into yellow by then (I hadn't bothered with stoneskin/regen). I tried again on a different Colibri, and thought I saw a difference at first, but didn't seem to be as large as the first Colibri.

It could just be that with such a small sample size, randomness made it appear there was a bigger difference on the colibri than the fomor. Or perhaps the Colibri has less defense and so the attack bonus would make a greater difference than on the fomor. Or maybe having far less HP on the first Colibri had an impact, since I was nearly full HP on the fomor and the second Colibri.

It's hard to tell at this point just how much of an impact it has, without some actual parses and a lot more fights.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't know exactly where to get it from, a friend of mine asked me to just tinker with it on a friends account (75SMN) while he wasn't online to see if we could figure out the latent.

I'm sure with a little more time last night that we could have gotten the beginnings of a decent sample size, but it was late and we just wanted to get the latent info out there.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This also increases perpetuation cost by 3MP/tick... /sigh

It is macro onry apparently.

Didn't notice the perp cost but you're right. So -8 hp/tick, and -3 mp/tick. That's really not that big of a deal for a macro piece. Just drop it in before a BP and lose 7 hp and 3 mp.

In my testing on Lesser Colibri I would do Predator Claws without the torque. Then retreat and wait until timer came up and then do Predator Claws with the torque.

I did 1400-1800 without the torque (the 1800 was a one time thing) and consistently 1700 with the torque. In fact I never had a Predator Claws less than 1700 with the torque. This was in about an hour of doing this.

Note that was with wearing the AF2 boots. So it does appear to stack with AF2. I'd say the debate about if the Enhances Avatar _____ items stack has been resolved.

I tried to see melee difference but didn't really see it with Carby. With or without he hit for about the same. But it could also be that Carby has a melee damage cap or something like that and couldn't do anymore really.

Haven't had a chance to use it against xp mobs so I'll report back when I have more info there.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

wow, sorry didnt notice the -MP it takes too...im no smn and wasnt even paying attention to that. Just saw the hp dropping.