Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ok more research shows Angon or what not is 30 seconds to start 3 minute cool down. What is wars version? same?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hrm

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1..._/Tomahawk.jpg

No status icon, no actual reduction in the DEF on your status screen and from the damage, no actual "hidden damage increase" of any sort. Spent about 30 minutes testing things with a bunch of different buffs on and off, engaged, not engaged, from point-blank range, from crossbow range, nothing. Every time it just registers as "<name> uses Tomahawk", you get the animation, and nothing else happens. About the only thing it does to other players is make them get up if they're resting.

Either they forgot to make it work at all on other players and it only works on mobs right now, or it's completly bugged. I'll try to test it on actual mobs next chance I get to merit to see if it makes any difference~

Tomahawks are in the same slot as Bomb Cores, you can switch between them without losing TP.

Edit: Did more testing with actual mobs. Played around with enough equipment switches against one Doom Scorpion to figure out around where it's defense was. Eventually I got to a point where 212 Attack checked Neutral defense and 214 attack checked Low defense. Simple enough testing, get 212 attack throw a Tomahawk, check it again, the smallest defense down would make it Low Defense.

Well, it still checked as neutral defense, so in other words, it didn't do shit.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../Tomahawk2.jpg

Bugged =x

try someone nuking them >.>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Maybe it act like Mnk's etheral fist in a way. Only work on HNM by fixing your normal attack

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Correct, Tomahawk is Ammo slot.
    You can't use ranged attack while having them in that slot either since it doesn't have any damage stats or anything.

I've used tomahawk on a pug on the nashmau boat. I waited the entire ride to see the Lower Defense wears off or something. I got nothing. I don't quite know what to say... It seems the only merit I'm satisfied with so far is Warrior's Charge. I have a point in Savagery as well and honestly, I had my hunches on that TP bonus thing working much like martial weapons but I was hoping it could possibly increase TP.

I guess I'll leave everything as is for now and cap out the Charge.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm remembering SE saying "we want to give WARs an excuse to sub something other than /NIN", and seeing an ability for guaranteed DA that will stack with WS.

mmmhmmmm, i hope you all capped Gaxe because I can see some OMG screenies coming, especially with DRG defdown!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

All WARs have at least 8 weapons capped at any given time starting from level 1, well known-fact.

Stupid question. Does ranged accuracy or throwing skill have anything to do with the tomahawks? Or maybe its magic defense down? Doesn't make sense to give 2 jobs the same ability basically.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by PussPuss
    Stupid question. Does ranged accuracy or throwing skill have anything to do with the tomahawks? Or maybe its magic defense down? Doesn't make sense to give 2 jobs the same ability basically.
    Angons and Tomahawks have been in the .DATs for a long time, I think, so they obviously had planned to add it eventually. But I have a feeling they gave Angon a DEF down effect to give DRG a little boost. Then they just gave Tomahawk the same effect because its easy.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Might be that SE totally fucked up and is gonna be like "oh shit we meant attack down, sorry".

I'm gunna go with tomahawk = Magic defense down and angons = melee defense down. Try having someone cast something after the tomahawk is thrown, might be a good combo right before a skillchain if thats the way it works. Could also counter the magic resistance. They didn't mention it in the post patch mistake notes so maybe its working as intended now?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Might be that SE totally fucked up and is gonna be like "oh shit we meant attack down, sorry".
    You should still get a message when the effect wears off. I would be less than surprised if it did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    You should still get a message when the effect wears off. I would be less than surprised if it did not work.
    Maybe the real move's name is feel like a loldrg...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tried it on a L1 mob, no messages no nothing... ;_;

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe it gets rid of the mobs "magic" resistance from when you toss too many blms at stuff.

Tomahawk:
    Expends a throwing tomahawk to inflict a special defense down effect on an enemy.

Angon:
    Expends an Angon to lower and enemy's defense.

The text is pretty different, and clearly says a "special" defense down. The effect might be bugged, but it could very well lower a separate type of defense or lower it in a non-standard way.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Throwing skill doesn't look like it has anything to do with it. I've never even seen it miss so far (then again it doesnt ever do anything when it hits )

I merited Tomahawk today, and did some testing...

Tough or Very Tough (I cannot remember, fought a few) Earth Elemental in sky, using Byakko's axe:
    http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9994/vtelemm6.jpg

I have lots of log of about 30 minutes of T - VT elemental fighting, and they all look like that. So the ability offers some sort of physical resistance property. Also, I played around in the Eldieme Necropolis, using daggers on too weak skeletons: Tomahawk basically removed the piercing penalty. So maybe it's some kind of negation of general damage resistance.

I was going to test more, but maintenance popped up. I have limbus tomorrow, we are probably doing Temenos - Central with the elementals so I can check it out more there. It would be nice to see it on something like an Adamantoise-type mob or just something really annoying like the Beaucedine Glacier mega boss.

Banned.

BG Level

wow, that would be very nice ;o

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Do tortoises have a physical damage reduction trait or just incredibly high defense and vitality? I don't pretend to know any of that pdif damage calculation stuff so it's hard for me to tell without being able to wack away at a TW version.

I'm trying to think of mobs that have that trait other than elementals, but I guess I'm too tired to even come up with much. Maybe those pots in sea or slime type mobs? I'll have to wait until the afternoon to test it out on things for myself.