Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

~Further explanation on WAR JSM2~

Ok, had 10 merits saved up before patch, so I dumped 3 into Savagery (I wanted to see what the base increased TP was) and 3 + 4 into Warrior's Charge.

Basically Warrior's Charge is a guaranteed Double attack everytime its used. It CAN be upgraded as much as 3 times (down to every 10mins), beyond that, Im not sure. It does stack with WSes as I tested with Steel Cyclone (gives 14TP with a single hit, 15 with 2) and would ALWAYS give 15TP if used before WS. Really nice to stack just about all the time with any WS.

Savagery is mainly why I'm making this topic, as the wording is a little confusing. Basically what this does is it acts as if your WSes have 10 more TP then they do when used under the affect of Warcry, kind of like a Martial weapon. So first upgrade is l+10TP, second is +20, third is +30. (not sure if a 4th/5th/6th is possible) I was kinda dissapointed that the first upgrade is actually only as strong as the following 2, making it kinda weak and really necessary to upgrade fully if at all. Its not all that bad though, when combined with Warrior's Mask, you got 45second chance to get 2 weapon skills possibly with +30 TP each, and this applies to everyone in the party of course.

Example: If I use Steel Cyclone at 150TP, and in addition I use Warcry before it, if I have 3 upgrades, Steel Cyclone will hit as if its @180TP, instead of 150TP. I tested this by using Spirits Within with and without Warcry on, and 100TP with Savagery did 177 w/1375 HP, the same as 110TP without Savagery.

I know nothing about Tomahawk, but if its as good as Angon, I probably will drop one of the above two for it, depending on how well it sticks on HNMs. Aggressive Aim just looks like shit, soo yeah, fuck that.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Aaaah, thank you! I've got 7 merits saved up and couldn't decide what to dump them in. After your reviews thus far, I think I'll stick with category 1 merits until the new ones sink in a bit. I am disappointed about Savagery, though if Tomahawk reduces physical defense (idk what "special defense" is supposed to mean), then I will probably go for that and WAR Charge...

Quote Originally Posted by Diiz
    Aaaah, thank you! I've got 7 merits saved up and couldn't decide what to dump them in. After your reviews thus far, I think I'll stick with category 1 merits until the new ones sink in a bit. I am disappointed about Savagery, though if Tomahawk reduces physical defense (idk what "special defense" is supposed to mean), then I will probably go for that and WAR Charge...
    Same, guaranteed double attack on something like Steel Cyclone is too good to pass up, and if used in addition to Tomahawk, the increase in damage would really offset any good Savagery does. Hell, might not even need to upgrade Tomahawk beyond 15secs, just toss it on and drop your WSes within that time.

Banned.

BG Level

I would like to find out if both WAR and DRG defense down merits stack, that could be rather epic... maybe they even stack with Acid Bolts/Spirit Surge

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I would like to find out if both WAR and DRG defense down merits stack, that could be rather epic... maybe they even stack with Acid Bolts/Spirit Surge
    The fact that it says "special defense down effect" makes me think it could stack with acid bolts/dia etc, and possibly Angon also. The "special" makes me wonder though...hmm I think I'll test it out with my next 3 merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    The fact that it says "special defense down effect" makes me think it could stack with acid bolts/dia etc, and possibly Angon also. The "special" makes me wonder though...hmm I think I'll test it out with my next 3 merits.
    CHARGE!!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I got 1 merit in axe throw. I'm not sure what to think yet because I didnt notice anything on EP/DC (do you need r.acc to land it or something?) . I will trydoing more testing in a few minute. Hope it will be easier to figure out the bonus to def.

As much as Steel cyclone + DA attack is nice, /nin is still better for almost everything including DD on many HNM. I guess one point is good for the occasional fight you open with SC, but I dont think putting more in it would be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I got 1 merit in axe throw. I'm not sure what to think yet because I didnt notice anything on EP/DC (do you need r.acc to land it or something?) . I will trydoing more testing in a few minute. Hope it will be easier to figure out the bonus to def.

As much as Steel cyclone + DA attack is nice, /nin is still better for almost everything including DD on many HNM. I guess one point is good for the occasional fight you open with SC, but I dont think putting more in it would be useful
    Yeah exactly, but in the end, when I really want my damage to matter, its in fights like KV, Animated weapons, DL, etc where I use Steel Cyclone.

Adding a guaranteed double attack with 300%, Soul Voiced songs etc...would add alot of damage. I agree that adding any future merits to it isnt all that good, but I dont see equipping Tomahawks in my Ranged Slot and never using Bomb Core again. Just seems like you're losing alot of attack...and well Aggressive Aim is junk, so there's not much more to merit.

As far as Tomahawk's accuracy, I believe it is a 100% chance to land, lasts 15,30,45seconds based off of upgrades, but does no damage in and of itself.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

When I tested Angon yesterday, I only had one merit in it, but I'm sure it lasted for 30s to start with. Maybe I was seeing things. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    When I tested Angon yesterday, I only had one merit in it, but I'm sure it lasted for 30s to start with. Maybe I was seeing things. :<
    Hmm could be 30,45,60? Wow that would be kinda nice, considering the recast is 3mins, so 1/3 of the time you could have defense down up. I'd really have to see how consistantly this sticks on mobs like Fafnir and Cerberus before upgrading it for good.

If I remember right changing out ammo slot isnt going to lose your TP....so simple macroing it in and out as you use the JA is no big deal.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Hmm could be 30,45,60? Wow that would be kinda nice, considering the recast is 3mins, so 1/3 of the time you could have defense down up. I'd really have to see how consistantly this sticks on mobs like Fafnir and Cerberus before upgrading it for good.
    It was getting really late for me, so I only did a few tests. But I tried on lesser colibri, and when I saw "The Lesser Colibri's defense down effect wears off," I checked the timer on Angon, and I'm pretty sure it was 2min30s. I hope I'm not wrong. I also wonder if this will stack with spirit surge+jump, seeing as the wear off message appears to be the same between the two. The def down from spirit surge+jump is kinda amusing because it usually wears off after my 2hr has worn off. ;o The javelin throwing animation is cool tho. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    If I remember right changing out ammo slot isnt going to lose your TP....so simple macroing it in and out as you use the JA is no big deal.
    Tomahawks are in Ranged Slot. Don't ask me why.

DeadLegend was saying it was 15 seconds and +15s an upgrade from the testing a friend did

Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    Tomahawks are in Ranged Slot. Don't ask me why.
    God Damn it Locke Why? Why Locke?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah exactly, but in the end, when I really want my damage to matter, its in fights like KV, Animated weapons, DL, etc where I use Steel Cyclone.

Adding a guaranteed double attack with 300%, Soul Voiced songs etc...would add alot of damage. I agree that adding any future merits to it isnt all that good, but I dont see equipping Tomahawks in my Ranged Slot and never using Bomb Core again. Just seems like you're losing alot of attack...and well Aggressive Aim is junk, so there's not much more to merit.
    You can swap back bomb core since both tomahawk and BC are in ranged slot.

About NM, axe/axe or axe/ridill will do more on many mob you mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

You can swap back bomb core since both tomahawk and BC are in ranged slot.

About NM, axe/axe or axe/ridill will do more on many mob you mentioned above.
    Bomb Core is in Ammo slot, from what Im hearing Tomahawks are in Ranged slot, so that wouldnt work.

Also in referance to the above quote, like I said I would only use this for the initial Steel Cyclone + Warrior's Charge. Most HNMs where I can build 300%, I go Great Axe for first WS, then a macro that switches me right to Man/Ridill and I play out the rest of the Mighty Strike with melee DoT and another Rampage. I'm definately aware that Man/Rid > Great Axe in just about every situation, but if you can get the big WS without losing anything, its definately worth the effort.

Duesch

Throwing tomahawks are in the ammo slot, stacked at 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Duesch
    Seriously, KI is a fucking cesspool of misinformation. The guy with 1 post on BG gives me better info then the whole combined intellect of every WAR who posts on KI. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Duesch
    Seriously, KI is a fucking cesspool of misinformation. The guy with 1 post on BG gives me better info then the whole combined intellect of every WAR who posts on KI. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, seriously.
    ^^ That is Why Locke