Thread: Lamia #19     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Spinebreaker

Lamia #19

Long time reader, first time poster. (I know that sounds repetitive)

But anway, somthing unusual happened to me and a group of friends in Arrapago Reef just a few hours ago, Basically we were heading towards Duccuva Isle staing point to help a friend with BLU AF1. The group setup was as shown below.

64 Hume SAM (me)
    50 Galka BLU
    75 Elvaan THF
    75 Mithra THF

Half way there we ran into some Lamia and the Elv THF got aggroed and we just sat back and watched him die but to our amazement Lamia No19 spawned right on top of him as soon as he died. Lamia No19 despawned after 30seconds But after that he had to leave so he HPed.

Continuing on our way we ran into some IMPs, the Mit THF agreed to run through them so me and the BLU could make it through. Then the THF died (just a normal death) and there was one IMP left that aggroed me so a few seconds and a died to a Fire III.

Then In my chat log I see "A eerie presence looms over you" or somthing of that manner. Then 2 seconds later Later she spawned right on top of me. Didnt move from where I died then 30 seconds later despawned. Interesting way to spawn a mob.

This happened in Arrapago Reef durning the Night Time (game) under Ice weather.

Thats awesome!

Roll out the Taru Sacrifices! lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I just popped the Mamool in Wajaom woodland.

I found his pet and soloed it to 20% on BLM. After that, the mamool popped and said something like "forgive I will not, my pet you hurt". I trained it back to whitegate and we killed it in 1min with 6 people. It was really easy (probably soloable by nin thief).

Anyway, we got nothing from it and it was pretty lame. The end.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

I found his pet and soloed it to 20% on BLM. After that, the mamool popped and said something like "forgive I will not, my pet you hurt". I trained it back to whitegate and we killed it in 1min with 6 people. It was really easy (probably soloable by nin thief).

I dont think the NM youre refering to is the "Most wanted" mamool.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras

I dont think the NM youre refering to is the "Most wanted" mamool.
    It is

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah i just checked and was about to edit, thanks for quoting me so fast ;;

Fucking lame.

Edit- Ok:

"An investigation by the Immortals has revealed Zoraal Ja's ability to manipulate a large colibri that can imitate his voice. Be on the lookout for trickery."

Maybe this isnt the "actual" encounter with him? Sorry if my optimism sickens you, but i refuse to believe SE would waste a POL update on this trioable fucktard and his bird.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And OH, have people gotten that Mamool title from the pet fight in Wajaom? If not, that could support the trickery theory posted above ;o

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It was the NM actually. I was surprised by how weak he was considering he got a big introduction on the website.

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/1527/img0086lp7.jpg

The NM collibri was up at J-9 or I-9 (forgot exactly). I thought it was the pet of an NM that was killed or something, but I pulled it anyway before someone else do just in case. It took me a good 30 minutes to get it down to 20% becaise I was on blm/whm and every spell were being reflected. It had maybe 8000-9000hp and never build a sleep/bind resist.

When the NM popped, I stunned it and ran as far as I could. I never saw the collibri again, but the NM was using familiar a few time after. Someone probably killed it while we were fighting, or it unspawned when NM died.

And yes, there was probably something else to do for the "real" fight, but I couldnt find anything else in the area after.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im not sure why you circled the text he said, after I specifically pasted the part from the POL website saying that he has the ability to manipulate colibri to imitate his voice. Hell they specifically said "be on the look out for trickery".

Just because you think he showed up, doesnt mean that its actually his encounter. Fake identitys have been done in this game before, most recently with a quest involving a Mamool spawn in Mamook. You fight some notorious enemy the imperial guard pointed you in the direction of, and it turned out to be an imposter from town in disguise. No title = No dice!

Again, im optimistic.

Im not sure why you circled the text he said, after I specifically pasted the part from the POL website saying that he has the ability to manipulate colibri to imitate his voice. Hell they specifically said "be on the look out for trickery".

Just because you think he showed up, doesnt mean that its actually his encounter. Fake identitys have been done in this game before, most recently with a quest involving a Mamool spawn in Mamook. You fight some notorious enemy the imperial guard pointed you in the direction of, and it turned out to be an imposter from town in disguise. No title = No dice!

Again, im optimistic.
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11167

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I circled it because its easy to miss. I wasnt trying to point anything.

Voice =/= physical manifestation that run after you as a mamool. There was 2 mob up for a moment, but I slept the collibri and never saw itagain.

It possible he pop like Alastor Antlion or something. Kill fake till real one pop.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

Again, im optimistic.
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11167
    Damn, I guess that explain why we didnt get drop. Those damn jp probably got the kill shot and were lying about it >_>

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I circled it because its easy to miss. I wasnt trying to point anything.

Voice =/= physical manifestation that run after you as a mamool. There was 2 mob up for a moment, but I slept the collibri and never saw itagain.

It possible he pop like Alastor Antlion or something. Kill fake till real one pop.
    S'why I brought up the quest. You fight a normal Mamool NM, but when you win and reexamine for a cutscene it turns out to be like, a Hume with a costume on. ;x

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I agree with you... I remember that quest.
    SE's description makes it sound like there is a lot more to him than just a simple, easy fight. Someone said that the Pukuucha drops a Zoraal Ja's Axe (Lv.74 BST, enhances reward.) Though it might be somewhat useful for BSTs, it could be a trigger or something to pop a higher version in Mamook or something.
    But more on the subject of Lamia 19, me and a few friends are going to go out there with 1 char Lv. 1 and keep getting it killed in order to try and spawn this, I will update later on any progress/drops we may have.