Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 New Uncapped BST Jugs?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

5 New Uncapped BST Jugs?

Hi I was wondering if anybody knows what the cap on upgrades are for the new JSMs. Please say 6 and not 3! Are they different depending on job?

Six upgrades would give +12 levels to jug pets which would bring a bunch of jugs to 75 cap. Some of these are the funguar, tiger, mandy and eft jugs. I'd love to see how a lvl75 funguar would be in a merit pt.

I doubt that each subsequent upgrade raises the jug another 2 levels, and I also doubt you can pour 6 merits into 1 ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    I doubt that each subsequent upgrade raises the jug another 2 levels, and I also doubt you can pour 6 merits into 1 ability.
    It states each subsequent upgrade raises the jug another 2 levels, but yes, I do believe every upgrade caps at 3.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

From what I've seen most cap at 3, if not all which means that only the base lv the trait raises and 4 added from the next 2 upgrades
    Seeing as how my bst is only 68, I cant test ; ;
    Any1 have a clue how u'd test the lv rise given by the base trait?
    Edited for grammer and stuff im busy xping

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'm wondering if this is anything like the bst af2 gloves, and if so, hopefully they stack. ;x

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

OH, my thoughts on testing
    Im not sure on this, but since jugpet dmg is capped based on their stats and it can be seen(carrie hitting som poor low lv mob for 300 dmg opposed to hitting an xp mob for 60) Would it be possible to check the dmg diffrence with and without the trait to see the stat diff on say, west Ron rabbits?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    I'm wondering if this is anything like the bst af2 gloves, and if so, hopefully they stack. ;x
    It seems like it would be, but from what ive seen most ppl claim that the gloves do nothing, have u seen any visible difference?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drzaus
    It seems like it would be, but from what ive seen most ppl claim that the gloves do nothing, have u seen any visible difference?
    If there is, it seems slight. It's so hard to tell.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Edit: nm i went over what i thought i knew and no this response doesnt make sense to me lol
    Anyhow, if its true(and it seems like it is) that carrie pops 0-4(?) lvs below you, then meriting affinty would put carrie at 75 everytime hopefully... so it might be worth it just for that

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

too true >< i was hoping for them to be at least noticibly better.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I havn't tested it yet but since you can only merit 3 times for a total of +6 lvls... this still leaves us with carrie. If we are assuming Funguar and Tiger pets cap at 65, would bring them around 71. So around the same lvl as the present carrie with the added bonus of nonshitty WS and double attack. Still doesn't solve pet accuracy problems but its a start. Carrie however should hit 75. I can't wait to get some merits and do some testing.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Having rdm, bst and drg at 75 is making my decisions on what to get very difficult, especially with rdm. :[

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Having rdm, bst and drg at 75 is making my decisions on what to get very difficult, especially with rdm. :[
    /points to your sig. Cmon fearless BST girl, go with Beastmaster merits! (save me some testing).

edit: Do the new merits work in capped zones?

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    /points to your sig. Cmon fearless BST girl, go with Beastmaster merits! (save me some testing).

edit: Do the new merits work in capped zones?
    the abilities and spells are level 75.

I doubt the traits do either..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

lol well, I had 10 merits and capped limits, but after seeing they cost 3 each, I got Angon on drg and Feral Howl. ;> The next will probably go into a rdm spell (probably phalanx2 for our plds).

Anyway, Feral Howl seems interesting. I terrorised Unut last night for around 5-10 seconds in boyahda. It wasn't long, but it was fairly fast to use. Just a shame again that the timer is 15 mins. -_- Will have to try it a few more times to see if there's some variation in duration like maybe if there is a stat governing the effect. ;o

I don't get to merit much so I'm very indecisive when I'm spending merits usually.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Site is being bogged down by some retarded hnm. I have 1 merit, already used 3 on feral howl.

DO NOT WASTE MERITS ON FERAL HOWL UNLESS THINGS SUDDENLY CHANGE.

Feral howl looks sorta cool, and that's about it... It's pretty much a stun (yes same duration on EP...) with a 15 min cool down...

By the end of the week I hope to finish a few more merits. I'll probably finish feral howl simply because it's useful if you need to get shadows up (If even that), but it's duration and re-cast make it almost useless...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    Site is being bogged down by some retarded hnm. I have 1 merit, already used 3 on feral howl.

DO NOT WASTE MERITS ON FERAL HOWL UNLESS THINGS SUDDENLY CHANGE.

Feral howl looks sorta cool, and that's about it... It's pretty much a stun (yes same duration on EP...) with a 15 min cool down...

By the end of the week I hope to finish a few more merits. I'll probably finish feral howl simply because it's useful if you need to get shadows up (If even that), but it's duration and re-cast make it almost useless...
    Ahaha I tricked you into thinking it was useful!!!!

or not.