Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Merrow. No 5? Is this a new NM

Just went to Ilrusi Atoll staging point, and this was up right outside it.

Was just some random EXP PT thing, and we wiped at like 60% because it spams Virilei (not too difficult otherwise).

Anyone kill it yet and know what it drops? Or was this NM always here.

When I saw this topic, I thought you meant "Mambo No. 5" like that one song from a while back

I never heard of this NM so it must be one of the new ones they announced would be added (not specifically mentioned that is), though I must admit if it spams charm song, would be a fun NM to stand by and watch other groups fight it and maybe see a Burst II or Thundaga III accidentally be casted

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shari Sai
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Blackhand

this could be one of the stronghold NMs for Besieged. SE mentioned they will have some NMs guarding their base

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Yeah I noticed some weird NMs around. On the way to the Alzadaal Ruins in Caedarva (Near Periqia) and by the pond before you enter the unmarked area of the map, some Imp (no imps around this area) named Zikko, checked as Impossible to Gauge fucking aggro'd me, it hit me (Taru Summoner, no buffs on) for 50 a hit O.o;;; Normal imps hit me for at least 150+ w. He also has Engravity. T.T; I didn't get a chance to kill it. When we headed back to Whitegate, we noticed he was gone. We also noticed it was morning. Maybe he's night time onry? lol. I'm sure I could have solo'd him, he was so damn weak. But there's too many Jnun and Shades in the area. ;/
    This was me and my WAR/NIN friend Tiffacloud. Fortunately she survived as I took the bullet. xP

We killed it lol, barely. Hard with just a pick up PT type.

No drop, however :/

Spawns right outside the DC imp cave to the right. Right outside Ilrusi Staging point.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

:-/ Not that it really matters, but SE calling the mob "Merrow #5" goes against the backstory for these creatures. Merrow are supposed to be the naturally created mermaid creature things, where as Lamia are the experimentally created ones. Lamia are given numbers because of this. Oh well.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

no drop when we killed it either. got 125ish exp w/ 4 people and a pet. Killed w/ NIN/WAR MNK/NIN SAM/NIN WHM/BST. Imo best way to kill is w/ beastmasters, as their pets cannot be charmed.

Our RDM was saying he just spammed dispel on it, and it would do buffs instead of charm, maybe another solution to kill it with a regular PT. I do remember that it didnt use charm that 2nd try until like 55% or so. So RDM spammin dispel is a good alternative strategy too