Thread: The Ship(Online Game)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The Ship(Online Game)

Was wondering if anyone has played this yet? I made a post on my guild forum about it, i'll just copy and paste that here.

---

I just bought this game, over steam(valves game system). I'm not finished downloading it but it was only 20 bucks.

http://theshiponline.com/

I haven't played it yet, but it was intriguing enough to throw 20 bucks at it.

It's an online multiplayer game. The idea is that everyone has a single target, and everyone has a single target.

For instance, if the guild was playing, I would spawn, I would get the name of my target, lets say the name of my target is shotie.

Shotie spawns, she also gets a target, lets say her target is ariza.

Ariza spawns, he gets a target, lets say his target is me.

The idea is to hunt down your target, while evading your hunter. You don't know who your hunter is though.

If you kill innocent people(not your target and not your hunter) I gather than you get sent to jail and a 1000 dollar fine. If you kill your hunter, i dont think you get fined, if you kill your target, i think you get money.

There is a kind of cool element though in the game play. In some of the modes, you have certain necessities that you need.

For instance, i think you have 3 meters, you have a sleep meter, a bathing meter, and a food meter, you have to accomodate all these things.

So its kinda cool that you're forced to sleep sometimes.

All this is stuff I've just read about the game, I can't wait to get in there and try it, but I'll let you all know how it is.

edit: http://www.theshiponline.com/play-guide-hud.php
    shows you what the hud looks like, and all your needs(on the left side)

Groovebox

Wow, that game looks really creative. Someone like me would really have to try out a demo to see if it's fun.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Bathing meter? They better not have mithra in that game... you'd have hundreds of weird cat-women fetish people glued to nekkid mithra splashing around in a tub. 0.o

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I played this game all last night(too late actually, called off from work just now cause im too tired to go in) and it's fun as hell, but very frustrating as a newbie.

The learning curve is very steep. It's difficult to find weapons because they're not very obvious.

A cool thing is though that you can rummage through suitcases and closets in rooms, find different things to wear, and then equip them and the next time your hunter(or target) sees you they wont necessarily recognize you.

I don't think there is a demo, but I said what the hell, its only a demo.

I believe the original is a half life mod(this one is based on the source engine). So if you have half life you can probably still download the original and get a taste.

Also be aware, this is coming to stores in september, this is only available via steam download right now.

edit: also, the needs meters really only come into play in elimination mode(last hunter alive is the winner), the hunt is far too quick for the needs to matter, but elimination matches can last a long time.