Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hydra down on Lakshmi     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Not saying the fight was a Breeze, but realistically if we had it Regen to 60% and were able to bring it back down, we could have done the same from 100% (mobs get harder the lower they are usually)

And yeah we did have to switch out some jobs, we weren't really expecting Crossover to wipe to it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ciampolo
    lol I beleive Eminence didn't even fight it and FA wiped after about 15min? We had to hold it while our mage jobs switched to DD, I can't beleive you idiots are even posting crap on here lol. and no, the most people that were ever dead at any given time was probably 5 or 6, you saying we only had 7-9 people? Nermal you're one to talk, 8 hour tiamat ok?
    lolciam we killed 1% rage mode Tiamat 3 times kthx, we don't post about how hes to hard to kill on here.

I really like alot of snd, but your a complete idiot, get a nice life lolciam, and stop going emo with /says at camp cause your angry that your online g/f won't cyber with you no more.

Here is some visual stimulation for the next time the "girl" doesn't give you enough details.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...lsinredyi8.jpg

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

MMMMM lakshmi drama.. /em grabs some popcorn!

um...

Sure yeah, the fight took us 3 hours while we changed over. But the thing was, when we claimed it at whatever % we had no idea how to fight it yet. Once we figured it out, it went down easy.

Well ok now, Honestly it really doesnt matter how long it takes. As long as it gets done. Sure someone may be able to kill it faster but some days, mobs are just more tame than others.

The fight is in no way a breeze. If it has all 3 heads up and puts up its phys shield, your looking at an easy 5% hp increase if not more. I just want to say that, no matter what you killed or how fast you killed it, someone will always find a way to make it seem like you didnt do anything. Odds are, its just because they dont want to think about you being better than them.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

The fight is in no way a breeze.
    <_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

that loot pool makes me wanna stroke my cock.

23 years old

BG Level

Dont kid yourself, you were gonna do it anyway.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Navia
    I'm really disappointed in how fast these new NMs die after being released - SE isn't trying hard enough.
    I gotta say I totally dissagree with you. I think 45mins to and hour is MORE than enough time to fight 1 mob. 1-2hrs is seriously pushing it. Anything over than and I have 1 finger on the "[Emo : Close my account]" button.

I like S-E forcing us to come up with different strategies to kill different mobs but I dont think they need to add insane hp pools and an extended "Insane buttrape" area around the mob for it to be a good fight.

My ls spent 3 hours figuring out wtf we were doing on Hydra last night then we took him down in 33 mins flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyjynx
    I'm really disappointed in how fast these new NMs die after being released - SE isn't trying hard enough.
    I gotta say I totally dissagree with you. I think 45mins to and hour is MORE than enough time to fight 1 mob. 1-2hrs is seriously pushing it. Anything over than and I have 1 finger on the "[Emo : Close my account]" button.

I like S-E forcing us to come up with different strategies to kill different mobs but I dont think they need to add insane hp pools and an extended "Insane buttrape" area around the mob for it to be a good fight.

My ls spent 3 hours figuring out wtf we were doing on Hydra last night then we took him down in 33 mins flat.
    I think you misunderstood him - he means he wants it to take longer to work out HOW to beat the mob, not to actually beat it, I think. Which is kinda what you said, but from the opposite side of view.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Realistically, for the first time fighting a unknown mob there is a certian learning curve that's necessary.

We didn't get a chance to fight the beastie yesterday, but I hardly doubt there's going to be much competition for this claim going forward after seeing the loot pool.

Grats on the server's first Hydra kill guys!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    I think you misunderstood him - he means he wants it to take longer to work out HOW to beat the mob, not to actually beat it, I think. Which is kinda what you said, but from the opposite side of view.
    If that's what he meant then I definately did missunderstand, and I agree

i'd stomp the f*ck out of anyone standing on my paws
    Cute, a Mithra talking about paws :D

Anyway, if they did it that way, people would just back off the paws and it really wouldn't change anything too much. Unless it had a huge range :X

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

http://www.smartdrv.com/images/hydra2.jpg

Second fight, went super smooth at the start, got from like 100% to 17% in under half an hour before the fight turned rotten. Seemed to spam Nerve gas constantly after that, had it to 2% it messed up our melee and regened up quite a bit while we recovered.

Banned.

BG Level

http://i7.tinypic.com/210i0is.jpg

Take the drops and the kill pictures and switch them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I don't think he realizes that Hydra is a colossal disappointment, and refuses to let his belated Hydra thread die. Also fails to mention the duration of the second fight, but it has something to do with raise 1s for everyone on lolHydra.

2% it messed up our melee and regened up quite a bit while we recovered.
    more like 32% then took about 2 hours kill after that @2% lol

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Miji
    I don't think he realizes that Hydra is a colossal disappointment, and refuses to let his belated Hydra thread die. Also fails to mention the duration of the second fight, but it has something to do with raise 1s for everyone on lolHydra.
    Yeh I think SnD is just proud to have finally done something before TFA. Granted it's not even worth noting because Hydra is nothing more than a Giant Zerg fest, and will continue to be just that until someone figures out how exactly to remove the heads. Until then, it's just a matter of who can keep their tanks alive while switching in and out melees. GG SnD, GG.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

People on this forum are so harsh...you can't even post something good that happens without people trying to find some way to turn it negative to you.

We felt it was a good accomplishment being one of the first to take down this thing, it was a crazy fight. You get a couple pats on the back but then the "oh it's such an easy fight its nothing to be impressed about", "it's just a zergfest", "oh hydra sucks"

I posted a second thing to show our improvement over our first fight to try and counter some of the people who put us down before and now apparently I'm bragging. And members from a Linkshell on my server that I respect can't even be happy for us and just have to downplay it.

FA posts things that you were the first to do but you didn't see me putting you down on forums, I'm actually happy for your accomplishments since I do have friends in your shell.

23 years old

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by Miji
    Yeh I think SnD is just proud to have finally done something before TFA. Granted it's not even worth noting because Hydra is nothing more than a Giant Zerg fest, and will continue to be just that until someone figures out how exactly to remove the heads. Until then, it's just a matter of who can keep their tanks alive while switching in and out melees. GG SnD, GG.
    Psst... psst... here's how you knock off the heads.

You dont let up and stop wussing around it.

You can use the same melees for the fight y'know. Stop being such a pussy and just tell your melees to go nuts on the thing, you dont need numbers to zerg for the fight, you don't need to "switch" a damn thing.

PS: It is an easy fight and the drops do suck. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartdrv
    People on this forum are so harsh...you can't even post something good that happens without people trying to find some way to turn it negative to you.

We felt it was a good accomplishment being one of the first to take down this thing, it was a crazy fight. You get a couple pats on the back but then the "oh it's such an easy fight its nothing to be impressed about", "it's just a zergfest", "oh hydra sucks"

I posted a second thing to show our improvement over our first fight to try and counter some of the people who put us down before and now apparently I'm bragging. And members from a Linkshell on my server that I respect can't even be happy for us and just have to downplay it.

FA posts things that you were the first to do but you didn't see me putting you down on forums, I'm actually happy for your accomplishments since I do have friends in your shell.

Please don't think that everyone in our ls thinks the way that Magus does. He is just an emo kid with a big mouth, you can't really hold that against him. :/

Anyway gratz on kill #2