Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

All NM posts (save Hyrda) go here

This place is getting flooded worst than KI with threads.

If you find/kill a NM just say it here(include a picture if you like). Say what it does and what it drops.

It seems there is a handful of drop NMs, 1 or more HNMs(Hydra, maybe Beastmen Lords?), and a lot of Besieged effecting monsters.

Energetic Eruca NM near the south west eruca camp in Mount Z. Killed with a party of 8 (5 of them xp lvl ~68, and 3 75s). Wasn't too hard, just the usual Incinerate which is unpleasant at high HP.

Dropped the Astral Staff
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8671

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Keston
    Energetic Eruca NM near the south west eruca camp in Mount Z. Killed with a party of 8 (5 of them xp lvl ~68, and 3 75s). Wasn't too hard, just the usual Incinerate which is unpleasant at high HP.

Dropped the Astral Staff
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8671
    I went there after reading your post and guess what ? It was up. Claimed of course, people said it dropped Hanzo Tekko.

Ninja Edit : http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8704

Thanks Wafik lol.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

might wanna edit your link, to actually link to the hanzo tekko instead of the astral staff again

Dark Bugler in Wajaom (seems to Roam?) 280 EXP @ 75.
    Dark Rider in Wajaom (seems to Roam?), didn't even want to go near it.
    Lamia No.19 seems to pop after Lamie No.7 (or any other #?) uses Hysterical Barrage 5 times (and someone dies afterwards?) in Arrapago Reef.

For Lamia No.19, 2 RDMs and I, NIN75, fought No.7.. well, 2 of us fought, 1 sac pulled. After a while, it said "5.." and used Hysterical Barrage. 3 barrages later, it said "2..", followed by 2 more barrages. Once it did all 5 barrages, the other RDM went down and Lamia No.19 popped ontop of him. I went down 10 seconds later thanks to another hysterical barrage.

No.7 has 20,000 HP, I'd say.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snowknight26
    Dark Bugler in Wajaom (seems to Roam?) 280 EXP @ 75.
    Dark Rider in Wajaom (seems to Roam?), didn't even want to go near it.
    OMG DARK RIDER POPS IN WAJAOM !!!

That's old news.

About Lamia No.19, seems it is unrelated to other NMs and just pops on dead people, i think you've been "lucky" and it chose the one that died to another NM. ^^

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

Sorry for the noobness but whats the SW eruca camp? I might try and pick up those tekko for my Ninja.

Also, a friend fought Zoraal Ja and Zoraal Ja's Pkuucha and said he got a Fowler Earring (str+1 acc+3 enhances bird killer effect)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwoll
    Sorry for the noobness but whats the SW eruca camp? I might try and pick up those tekko for my Ninja.
    Mount Zhayolm (I-9).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Zoraal Ja's Pkuucha
    Fighting this god damned NM for like 2 hours now. We were watching a THF, SAM, BLU trio it. Zoraal Ja popped and basically owned them. We claimed the bird, another small group grabbed the mamool ja and killed him. Very easy NM, got it to 1%, and then it just stayed there. We were doing damage, but it wasn't dying. About 5-10 minutes later, we decided to alliance with the group that had killed the Zoraal Ja since an LSmate hypothesized that the same person had to kill both. No good. We sat around for 30 minutes trying a bunch of garbage. DoT kill, no good. Spirits Within, no good. Chi Blast, nothing. Blade: Ei, 120 damage! But no death. Eventually, we called for help and let it beat on some of the annoying onlookers who had begged for an invite for half an hour.

We all force-DCed out to desktop and logged back in, and he regenned and left CFH mode. At around 20%, he resummoned Zoraal Ja. We let it get to full, claimed, started fighting it while we had Zoraal Ja kited. Every time we got it to around 20%, Zoraal Ja would Reward it from halfway across the zone and heal it to 70% or full. We started damaging Zoraal Ja thinking he would stop caring about his pet, but no dice. He died again, we still couldn't kill the bird, so we logged again. Got back on, tried getting them both low and Thundaga IIIing them. Killed the Zoraal Ja, bird stayed at 1%, killed me when the fucking bird reflected it on me and then attacked before I could cast Ni. I think that's our last attempt at this stupid NM for tonight. Anyone know what the trick is yet?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

uh... duoed this with a RDM earlier(im NIN), he slept the bird as i killed the mamool, after mamool was dead we killed the bird, w/o any problem what so ever. dropped some axe that enhances reward, rdm wanted it for his bst

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Did you break the Mamool's axe while you were killing it? Small group from a JP HNMLS just killed him after we gave up. They slept the bird at 20%, killed the Mamool Ja, and then the bird just dropped dead when they got it to 1%. There was speculation that they'd broken the axe to make the bird killable.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

ya know, that did happen and i actually did like a 800 jin to kill the bird but instead of "<me> kills the bird" we got the message "bird falls to the ground" so that could possibly be true.

A group of us killed this last night, the NM was rather annoying though. The Mamool popped at 20% and kept rewarding the bird, so finally get the bird down to 1% and it didn't die. Then we killed the Mamool (no drops), and by that time the bird was back to around half life. We then quickly killed the bird. Not sure what the condition is to kill the bird, but once we killed the Mamool the bird died easily. We also didn't get any drops whatsoever.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
    A group of us killed this last night, the NM was rather annoying though. The Mamool popped at 20% and kept rewarding the bird, so finally get the bird down to 1% and it didn't die. Then we killed the Mamool (no drops), and by that time the bird was back to around half life. We then quickly killed the bird and it died. Not sure what the condition is to kill the bird, but once we killed the Mamool the bird died easily. We also didn't get any drops whatsoever.
    Maybe it's like Yin/Yang, they have to die in seconds of eachother.

We then quickly killed the bird and it died.
    Thanks CaptainObvious

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

Maybe it's like Yin/Yang, they have to die in seconds of eachother.
    That's not it, because twice the bird failed to die while we were fighting it and the Mamool was killed by the person who had been kiting it. He never broke the axe while doing it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Thanks CaptainObvious
    Win +1

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Thanks CaptainObvious
    I'll admit that was good.

As far as killing it like Ying/Yang, we killed the bird fairly quickly after the Mamool death, but not quick enough to link it like that I don't think. I honestly don't remember anything special like an axe breaking from the mamool, but i was standing back so I wouldn't have seen it if it did happen.

The sequence of events was:

-Another party was fighting the bird when the Mamool popped. (Party of level 75's, had NIN, BLM, COR, etc). They wiped and the bird disappeared, however the Mamool still roamed in the tunnel area like a normal mob.

-My party claims the mamool and kills it and there was no drop. We walked around the corner and the Bird had reappeared in with the rest of the Colibri's in that open area. We claimed the NM Colibri and worked it down to 20% when the Mamool popped again and the bird instantly went back to 100%. We took the bird back down while keeping the Mamool slept (BRD slept. was only 4 of us). Once the bird got to 1% we couldn't kill it, so we killed the Mamool with no drop again. Because of the Mamool using Reward the bird was back to 50%ish when we killed it fast enough to get chain 1 off the NM Mamool with no drops at all during this whole process. I wish I paid closer attention now that it seems there is a trick to killing the bird.

Nm sheep in the mire called Peallaldh looks lotto, pops flees

Nm sheep in the mire called Peallaldh looks lotto, pops flees
    You sure it pops fleas and just wasnt random aggro from Chigoe in area?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast