Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

To Claim or Not, This is the question =/

Hello everybody, assuming what happened yesterday afternoon on Fairy server I really would like to hear what is the general opinion about this question.
    ThoseGuys ls was fighting Cerberus after some wipes of another ls. There were other ls's watching the fight, ready to eventually claim in case of wipe: my ls WeWillWipe (25-30ppl), TheForsaken (15~ppl), LostParadise(6~ppl) & TakeEasy (10ppl~). At about 10-5% cerberus's hp TG started to wipe and after using some 2hrs they lost claim at 1-2% hp with everybody of their alliance death.
    Here is the point. Now I'm asking you all, what it was correct to do in your opinion:
    -claim Cerberus and killing it without giving any drop to TG ls
    -claim Cerberus and killing it giving rare/ex drops to TG ls
    -claim Cerberus and killing it giving all drops to TG ls
    -don't claim Cerberus and wait for it to hit 100%hp

I decided for my ls to wait to 100%hp and to do our own fight. In the same time TF ls pulled it and killed it without giving any items to TG ls. Assuming that they were only 15~ people and couldn't kill it from 100%hp. Infact my ls and TG ls were the only in the area with enough people to killing it.

I'm sorry for mistakes in the post but English isn't my main language ^^;
    If u don't understand some parts of the post please let me know ^^

well everyone knows that TF are the difference makers, and ThoseGuys are just there, so i don't see any reason for TF to give anything to TG.

edit: serious answer time. If EVERYONE in the wiping LS there was dead, Claim it, finish it off, no obligation to give the wiping LS any of the drops. As much as I like ryko, sucks for TG, there will be more cerb pops.

I feel that if you wipe you wipe, and you dont have a right to the drops of a mob. (the end is the important part of Cerb, saying you did the first 75% so you deserve drops doesnt prove much.) To add to that, Cerb can easily be killed with 15, so I wouldnt factor that in when equating wether or not the claiming LS had "enough to kill."

At what % did this LS claim? We've claimed Cerberus' from wipes, but always wait till he at least regens past the 25% point, so we can have a stable setup before Gates. As long as the LS claimed relatively high in Cerb's HP, they proved they can do the part that matters, the last 25%. Now if they claimed at 5-10% then I think they dont deserve the drops, but in the end, with 3 LSes standing by an unclaimed HNM, I dont know why you expect anything but a voke fest.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: To Claim or Not, This is the question =/

Quote Originally Posted by Sferix
    Hello everybody, assuming what happened yesterday afternoon on Fairy server I really would like to hear what is the general opinion about this question.
    ThoseGuys ls was fighting Cerberus after some wipes of another ls. There were other ls's watching the fight, ready to eventually claim in case of wipe: my ls WeWillWipe (25-30ppl), TheForsaken (15~ppl), LostParadise(6~ppl) & TakeEasy (10ppl~). At about 10-5% cerberus's hp TG started to wipe and after using some 2hrs they lost claim at 1-2% hp with everybody of their alliance death.
    Here is the point. Now I'm asking you all, what it was correct to do in your opinion:
    -claim Cerberus and killing it without giving any drop to TG ls
    -claim Cerberus and killing it giving rare/ex drops to TG ls
    -claim Cerberus and killing it giving all drops to TG ls
    -don't claim Cerberus and wait for it to hit 100%hp

I decided for my ls to wait to 100%hp and to do our own fight. In the same time TF ls pulled it and killed it without giving any items to TG ls. Assuming that they were only 15~ people and couldn't kill it from 100%hp. Infact my ls and TG ls were the only in the area with enough people to killing it.

I'm sorry for mistakes in the post but English isn't my main language ^^;
    If u don't understand some parts of the post please let me know ^^
    Not that I'm familiar with your HNMLS community, but I think this goes across all servers. When dealing with HNM's you cannot expect other linkshells to play 'fair' and patiently wait their turn to fight an NM. Make no mistake - Many linkshells will take whatever they can get whether you have it claimed or not.

For that reason I would argue that the 'right' thing to do is claim and kill cerberus when the other linkshell has wiped (read - full wipe) and then follow whatever course of action your ethics tell you to follow. To wait for 100% not only places undue stress on your group to get it back down (Unless you enjoy the challenge), but also forces you to trust other groups not to take an easy mark when they have the chance, something which I think you'll see play out very rarely to be honest.

Edit: Locke, I believe Cerberus was at about 1-2% when the other linkshell wiped.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Yes it was at about 1-2%

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Imagine if it's Nidhogg, would you give the drops for the wiping LS after you claim it say @10% ? of course not and 100% other linkshells won't wait untill it regen to 100% they will claim it as soon as it goes yellow to have a chance of a body Abj.

We wiped to Cerberus on our first attempt @7% because the sob draws people to the gate and becomes "out of range" of stunners. Another LS claimed and got Algol, if you wipe you wipe

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Jhun
    We wiped to Cerberus on our first attempt @7% because the sob draws people to the gate and becomes "out of range" of stunners. Another LS claimed and got Algol, if you wipe you wipe
    THATS WHY YOU CFH BEFORE YOU WIPE RITE?

They wiped. There's no consolation prize for dying. Do not pass go, etc.

They can be pissed off all they like, but unfortunately, they just got unlucky. It happens.

E. Body
    BG Level

we (tg) wiped, we accepted that, some stuff happened mainly due to lack of stuns for the neverending gates spam -.-. tf took it. whatever. it's just an algol.

we wiped at 1%, had claimed with it starting at 100% after TakeEasy wiped in the first place.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    wwwlolwww

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Thats the Asuran way!

Whiping to Tiamat? No problem CFH!

Ceberus being a bitch? Shit son, CFH!

Hydra? lawlz CFH on that bitch!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Hydra has been cfh'd about 5 times today?

And not killed once.

Asura is the land of weak, it'll be a while before it's killed. How long before our cerb was killed? like 2-3 weeks.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Heh, this happened to us last night.

We get to Cerb and another LS had wiped almost immediately.

We waited until it went to 100% then claimed. At 5% things started getting a bit rocky and at 1% it got off a gates then para and another gates for good measure.

Our main alliance was mostly wiped and were trying to get in replacements when he went unclaimed and other LS provoked at 1%, killed and got all drops.

We were pretty annoyed but they said they were going to give us the drops so that was nice. Except the Angol, because they were going to keep that.

I'm sure this is going up on their "Big Kills" section of their website.

/ugh.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    with 3 LSes standing by an unclaimed HNM, I dont know why you expect anything but a voke fest.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snarg
    Heh, this happened to us last night.

We get to Cerb and another LS had wiped almost immediately.

We waited until it went to 100% then claimed. At 5% things started getting a bit rocky and at 1% it got off a gates then para and another gates for good measure.

Our main alliance was mostly wiped and were trying to get in replacements when he went unclaimed and other LS provoked at 1%, killed and got all drops.

We were pretty annoyed but they said they were going to give us the drops so that was nice. Except the Angol, because they were going to keep that.

I'm sure this is going up on their "Big Kills" section of their website.

/ugh.
    Yep, and this is a LS that has no business at Cerebus, cause there is no way they can actually kill him from even 25% to death. Don't offer drops if your going to keep the only good thing. That is like taking someones faffy at 1% and offering everything but the Ridill, obviously the sword on Cerebus no where near as good, but you get the point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    well everyone knows that TF are the difference makers, and ThoseGuys are just there, so i don't see any reason for TF to give anything to TG.
    chiz (notED) is the real difference maker...... everyone's just jealous of TF....

get our server drama correct!

then again what do i know... im just there *._.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese

edit: serious answer time. If EVERYONE in the wiping LS there was dead, Claim it, finish it off, no obligation to give the wiping LS any of the drops. As much as I like ryko, sucks for TG, there will be more cerb pops.
    Bingo, I don't think any of us talked shit or complained about it (all the shouts afterwards were from TakeEasy members). We went "oh well, wipe's a wipe, if we cared that badly we should have CFHed". But we didn't, so we didn't, life goes on. Grats to ron on his algol, itll pop again. I appreciate the concern but if you fight HNMs for a long while, you will eventually all die etc. Same shit happened with our first Kbody, though that was more entirely a byproduct of a third party being a raving douchebag lunatic.

I dunno, seems like everyone else put more thought into the outcome than we did. I got like 20 tells about it and I'm like "what else do you expect to happen if you full wipe at 1?"

If your buddy has a bottle of vodka, and falls asleep with 10% of his bottle left, and there are other drunks around, should he expect his vodka to still be there in the morning?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

CFH the vodka

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    If your buddy has a bottle of vodka, and falls asleep with 10% of his bottle left, and there are other drunks around, should he expect his vodka to still be there in the morning?
    Only if the Vodka is Bukoff Vodka. Otherwise he loses all claim over said vodka for sleeping (holding claim with sleep?)