Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pulling the strings ENM BLU/COR/PUP

Just curious if anyone attempted these yet and/or seen an idea of the loot offered. Can't think of any items that'd add up as a reward for this - going to try it in the morning, going to bed now. >.>

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I tried this last night with Puppetmaster... I made one very fatal mistake where I did not deactivate my automaton before I entered the BC. Because it capped me down to level 60, it removed my puppet and my activate still had 15 minutes on it. Biggest ripoff ever, so glad I spent 42k to get in.

I entered with no hopes and ran up to punch the Fantoccini which immediately, upon aggro, summoned Fantoccini Automaton. It was a Valoredge frame and it proceeded to hit me hard~ almost 100 dmg a hit, but it seemed to have low accuracy. However, like most monk-type mobs, and especially from being a PUP, the Fantoccini's guard skill was off the goddamn charts so my attacks were like in the 20s per fist while he was hitting me rather accurately with ~40 dmg fists. I popped a few hi-pots to see how far I could get on this guy, maybe with some lucky rolls I could get JAs back, lol. Goblin Dice gave him a maneuver... probably fire since the automaton used String Clipper shortly after. I Raging Fisted for 250 and then he knocked my ass out. I got him down to about 75% I think...

I searched the items DAT miners uncovered and there are no level 61 PUP/BLU/COR rings or earrings or throwing items... like every other job, so I was rather curious to see a possible reward. Too bad I fucked up royally.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Someone named Dohorehn stated that the reward for the blue solo ENM was Death Chakram. It's pretty meh, Enchantment: MP +5%. Somepage incorrectly lists it as all jobs when it's actually BLU only.

I guess it was a really easy fight using a lot of head butts. But, those battles are so random.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just took another look @ the items available and now it looks pretty obvious. Except for PUP.

BLU: Death Chakram

COR: Corsair Bullet

PUP: ... it's still a mystery... perhaps an attatchment?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I hope it's a stack of bullets instead of a single for the reward. >_>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

PUP might get an attachment from this, i think ? If there's no lv61 stuff then it could be it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

pls don't let that bullet come from this bullshit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    Level 61, COR only... no doubt about it...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Remember when everyone was stoked about this update?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Immortal's Earring Item Icon 60 0 Rare

* Latent Effect: Blue Magic Skill +5

All Ear
    Pirate's Earring Item Icon 60 0 Rare

* Latent Effect: Ranged Attack +5

All Ear
    Busker's Earring Item Icon 60 0 Rare

* Latent Effect: Guard Skill +5

All Ear

Immortal's Cape Item Icon 60 2 Rare

* Latent Effect: Enhances Resist Sleep Effect

All Back
    Pirate's Cape Item Icon 60 2 Rare

* Latent Effect: Enhances Resist Paralyze Effect

All Back
    Busker's Cape Item Icon 60 2 Rare

* Latent Effect: Enmity -2

All Back

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    QFT

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hipsofsteel, those are the lv.30 PUP/COR/BLU subjob items.... activated with pup sub for Busker, cor sub for Pirate, and blu sub for Immortal.

Pulling The Strings ENM always rewarded with a lv.61 rare/ex job-specific item with enchantments, usually ring/earring/ranged slot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Mioko, the Corsair bullet isnt rare/ex, so it doesnt fit the normal pattern for solo enm reward. I just went through all the items in dats on several sites and found no lvl 61 rare/ex items for cor or pup, only the blu ranged item. Possibly they got left out, drop rate is pretty low on them as is and can only do solo enm once a week so not really a big loss yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    Remember when everyone was stoked about this update?
    Sad but true... >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well - that was probably the easiest ENM I ever did. >.>
    I had vile elixers, reraise potions, icarus wings, regen drinks, etc -

Walked in, used regen (had Valoredge out), used fire maneuver so it'd provoke when I deployed. Hit 2hour (For.. the hell of it.) and stoneskin, then repair when I hit 75% on my maton. And uh.. that kept both of us at about full HP till the automaton was down to 25% >.> I even forgot to use food because I was surprised how easy it was. Howling fist only did like 300 with no food on. D: Anyway, 2k exp and no items. Yay enm.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Enitsu
    Well - that was probably the easiest ENM I ever did. >.>
    I had vile elixers, reraise potions, icarus wings, regen drinks, etc -

Walked in, used regen (had Valoredge out), used fire maneuver so it'd provoke when I deployed. Hit 2hour (For.. the hell of it.) and stoneskin, then repair when I hit 75% on my maton. And uh.. that kept both of us at about full HP till the automaton was down to 25% >.> I even forgot to use food because I was surprised how easy it was. Howling fist only did like 300 with no food on. D: Anyway, 2k exp and no items. Yay enm.
    Wow, having Activate up really helps eh? lol... Man now I'm really curious about what it drops because at this moment, I haven't a damn clue what any attatchments are dropping from. Very, very few "II" attatchments are showing up on our AH. 1-2 of each total, and no Tension Spring II... as well as none of the other 8 new ones (the ones that sound hot for HNM possibly)

Report on KI was that they can be dropped by PUP type trolls. not sure what level trolls would drop the ones we need.

On leviathan, two of the (i think) mana booster IIs went for 150~200k. Stabilizer II went for 10k (damnit) then 60k. accelerator II and auto repair II also have been up.

I'm most curious about the Drum magazine personally. I'd imagine more rapid fire shots could help the ranger frame be a decent source of damage

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There's been pretty much one of each "II" attatchment sold on AH on Kujata, sometimes two, but Tension Spring II has yet to go up. Most of the "II"s have been selling for 100k... I was desperate enough.

I did a little testing and every "II" attatchment costs 3 of their element.

Mana Tank II: Grants MP+8% and gives 2mp/tick refresh per dark maneuver (total of 40mp regained per maneuver if they aren't overwritten)

Auto-Repair Kit II: Grants HP+8% and gives 2hp/tick regen per light maneuver (total of 40hp regained per maneuver if they aren't overwritten)

I tested the AF gears as well and found a few things out.

Turbo Animator: Hidden effect: DEX+2 Other than that, I can't say exactly what it does, but I am leaning towards it giving the automaton an overall haste effect, it does not cut down maneuver recasts.

AF hands: "Enhances Maneuve effects" does not make them last longer and does not enhance the effects of attatchments that are easily observable (mana tank and auto-repair kit still give 1/tick). However, the amount of a stat boost is doubled for each maneuver. (ie. each fire maneuver now grants STR+2)

AF body: automaton's HP and MP are both increased by 3%

AF legs: my automaton's Cure IVs are now capping at 395 hp, which was an increase of about 35ish hp.

just a little info for the pups that care~

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob
    Report on KI was that they can be dropped by PUP type trolls. not sure what level trolls would drop the ones we need.

On leviathan, two of the (i think) mana booster IIs went for 150~200k. Stabilizer II went for 10k (damnit) then 60k. accelerator II and auto repair II also have been up.

I'm most curious about the Drum magazine personally. I'd imagine more rapid fire shots could help the ranger frame be a decent source of damage
    Accelerator II drops off the Trolls, got one xping off them last night. We only killed two or so PUP trolls over the course of xping though so I can't comment on if others drop.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Solo ENM for COR... Too weak. Mob only hits for about 20-30 with his dagger AND with his gun (he mixes it up). Same as before, the goblin dice can restore either of our HP or give us TP. In addition, it can make him use Corsair Rolls - he did Rogue's Roll, Hunter's Roll, and Fighter's Roll. He used Hot Shot and Split Shot, thankfully no Slug (these only hit for around 80-100). My Slugs were doing over 500 with sole sushi and STR gear - no merits or anything.

Popped an Au Lait and about 5 Hi Potions, and used Rogue's Roll and Hunter's Roll. Was a piece of cake.

Rewards:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...airsoloenm.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...ulletpouch.jpg