+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Sound Issue

I bought the game recently, and it has been running great - with the exception of one thing. Very shortly after I begin playing (1-2 minutes usually) the sound becomes very crackly. I bought new speakers today, thinking that the old ones were just blown, but low and behold it started up again (the speakers were about 8 years old anyways and it was time to replace them). If anyone knows how to fix this, or has experienced the same thing, please reply. I love the game but it's very hard to play with a constant, migraine-unducing buzz.
    The buzzing rises and falls with sound in the game, and is very noticable when browsing through any menu (clicking on buttons).
    It is not in the base - as I have turned the base all the way off and the crackling was still the same. I read through the Known Issues in the Readme, but I found nothing relevant. I have also tried reinstalling the game, but that did nothing.
    And yes, I did search the forums before posting.
    Please help!

I have no idea sorry, but I bought the game and just sold it to a friend because of a crash related to gfx and there was nothing i could do about it... i think... i'm sorry

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

No worries... I was able to fix it myself by switching from Monitor-Side Speaker setting to Surround Sound setting. The sound quality is exactly the same, but apparently the bug was fairly common - just took a little more digging to find a solution.
    Thanks anyways.