+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Bass: I'm GAY     submit to reddit submit to twitter

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I think gay guys are extremely sexy. Alot of them have very nice style, they're more intelligent than straight guys most of the time, and they're alot nicer than straight guys most of the time...why wouldn't we have crushes on them?
    Problems arise when being stylish, intelligent, and empathetic makes people automatically think you're gay and earns an instant delegation to the Friend Zone. Aka, what happens with 99.98% of the female population.

>:( why can't I just be an inconsiderate, unwashed asshole walking around in a dirty t-shirt and a camouflage hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    I think gay guys are extremely sexy. Alot of them have very nice style, they're more intelligent than straight guys most of the time, and they're alot nicer than straight guys most of the time...why wouldn't we have crushes on them?
    Problems arise when being stylish, intelligent, and empathetic makes people automatically think you're gay and earns an instant delegation to the Friend Zone. Aka, what happens with 99.98% of the female population.

> why can't I just be an inconsiderate, unwashed asshole walking around in a dirty t-shirt and a camouflage hat.
    It's a statement at the least.
    Dress for Success.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

wait I'm confused...are you a boy or a girl? And if you're instantly delegated to the friend zone without knowing, let them know you're not gay perhaps?

> why can't I just be an inconsiderate, unwashed asshole walking around in a dirty t-shirt and a camouflage hat.
    who said you can't?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never really understood why so many females make the pretense of wanting to find a "nice guy" when all they ever wind up with are inconsiderate, lying, cheating, jealous, controlling dolts.

As my friend Matt always used to say, "Girls say that they want a smart guy with a sense of humor, but I've never giggled a girl into the sack or tee hee'ed one under the covers; it's all a big lie."

P.S. Alleya, you can be that man if you practice. Visualize yourself as K-Fed, tap into the K-Fed within!

wait I'm confused...are you a boy or a girl? And if you're instantly delegated to the friend zone without knowing, let them know you're not gay perhaps?

who said you can't?
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I never really understood why so many females make the pretense of wanting to find a "nice guy" when all they ever wind up with are inconsiderate, lying, cheating, jealous, controlling dolts.

As my friend Matt always used to say, "Girls say that they want a smart guy with a sense of humor, but I've never giggled a girl into the sack or tee hee'ed one under the covers; it's all a big lie."
    It's probably because most girls think they can change the man they are with. Girls like a challenge. Most nice guys aren't a challenege. I bet the majority of the guys on this board probably fall into the self-proclaimed "nice guy" where they watch the girls they like go off with some complete asshole. A female friend descibed it as a "thrill of the hunt" type of thing. It's not as satisfying if there's no challenge.

I want to puke every time I hear a girl whine and complain that she can't find a "nice guy" who will treat her right. Well, the odds are there has been a nice guy crushing over her for the past several years and she's just too goddamn blind and dumb to see it.

And yeah, whoever said the "friend zone"...points to you. The friend zone sucks. Not that I have this problem anymore since I'm engaged, but yeah, I'm still a little bitter over my teenage years. :D

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

LMAO, this strategy paints a hysterical mental picture...

Guy - "So what are you doing Friday night, would you like to go down to that new restaurant in whateveryoucallthehipplacewhereyoulive?"

Girl - "Sorry I'm washing my hair Friday night, but I'd like to go to lunch Friday then you can drive me to work since my car is in the shop."

Guy - "Sorry, I'm not gay."

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    And yeah, whoever said the "friend zone"...points to you. The friend zone sucks. Not that I have this problem anymore since I'm engaged, but yeah, I'm still a little bitter over my teenage years. :D
    sorry, this just made me think of this:

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/construction.html

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

P.S. Alleya, you can be that man if you practice. Visualize yourself as K-Fed, tap into the K-Fed within!
    I'd rather be with a nice guy...but the sad truth is that most nice guys are really boring. They will always agree with you, always ask what you want to do, always try to be really romantic and blahblahblahblah...it gets soooo annoying after a while.

When I say nice guy, I mean more of a considerate person, that can also be as cynical as I am. I don't like to be treated like shit, or called names or whatever by someone I'm supposed to like, unless I know it's all in good fun.

I don't see it as "thrill of the hunt" but more as trying to be with someone nice who can make their own decisions and not bore me to tears.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by manako
    sorry, this just made me think of this:

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/construction.html
    Holy christ.. its so true its funny and painful. loool it explains so much XD

I'd rather be with a nice guy...but the sad truth is that most nice guys are really boring. They will always agree with you, always ask what you want to do, always try to be really romantic and blahblahblahblah...it gets soooo annoying after a while.
    Hmmm.. this is true, I need to be less nice

netz

Sounds like you want someone assertive and decisive, two qualities that most assholes exhibit readily, rather than someone who just wants to be your slave. It makes sense to me. I don't think the guy should be the one to make the decisions all the time -- it is reasonable to ask for your input -- but I can agree with it being a little excessive when someone just wants to say "I'll do whatever you want to do" and offer no input whatsoever.

I hope I don't fall into that trap later this week and fuck up. I'm uncomfortable in a lot of social situations in that I just shut up, don't take any cues, and go along with everything silently (or offer minimalist responses), giving people the appearance that I'm disinterested in them or whatever we're doing, even when I'm really not. I'll stop on that thought now before I ramble off further -_-

Quote Originally Posted by netz
    I hope I don't fall into that trap later this week and fuck up. I'm uncomfortable in a lot of social situations in that I just shut up, don't take any cues, and go along with everything silently (or offer minimalist responses), giving people the appearance that I'm disinterested in them or whatever we're doing, even when I'm really not. I'll stop on that thought now before I ramble off further -_-
    Yeah, there's a cure for that. It's called alcohol.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I love alcohol. I met Jack Daniels about two months ago, and I've never been happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    I love alcohol. I met Jack Daniels about two months ago, and I've never been happier.
    Welcome to the club, my friend.

netz

I was wondering what the point of alcohol was.

The more you know...

8=====>

BG Level

The guy is uncomfortable in social situations and is usually very quiet. Alcohol on the other hand usually makes people more sociable and relaxed, hence it's a cure for social anxieties.

The guy is uncomfortable in social situations and is usually very quiet. Alcohol on the other hand usually makes people more sociable and relaxed, hence it's a cure for social anxieties.
    Mmmmhmmm. This is what is known as social lubrication.

8=====>

BG Level

lol you said lubrication

lol you said lubrication
    Speaking of which...

After you finally master the art of social lubrication, you may need some other kinds of lubrication if you catch my drift. 8)

netz

The guy in question is me, heh.

I intended that more as an "ah, I see now" sort of comment rather than a question. Poor phrasing, I guess. Thanks for your explanation, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast