+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Lance Bass: I'm GAY     submit to reddit submit to twitter

That actually brings up a pretty good point. As a person who goes out on a somewhat regular basis (i.e. weekends) to drink, it was pretty frustrating coming home smelling like smoke. But that has changed here in New York state, where they pretty much banned smoking inside of all public buildings, including bars.

Now I can go out to a bar and come home without smelling like I just smoked 2 packs. Best ban ever.

netz

NY State's smoking ban is universal? In neighboring Massachusetts, smoking is almost entirely banned except in bars where no food is served. I'm surprised NY got away without such a clause in their smoking ban. Fortunately, most bars around here except for the really ratty ones serve food, so I know exactly which ones to avoid.

It seems like the most important thing I've taken from this conversation is that it's important to know exactly what you want, otherwise, uncomfortable or even negative situations seem to arise. I think most of my problem in social situations is simply sheer inexperience, leading to me overanalyzing everything that's said or done, and second guessing myself instead of just taking a chance. I guess I just need to get outside more, and be around more people. That's pretty much the conclusion I expected to reach here, but it's interesting to hear from other people what they do or what they expect.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krylanna
    think the whole underage drinking and partying thing is pretty common. I was never into it, most I ever drank was at a friend's 21st birthday when I was 20 and his parents were supervising the whole thing.
    I laughed hysterically loud when I read this. It boggles my mind that the drinking age in some states is 21; in Quebec it's 18... I'm curious, what did you drink that night?

The thing with underage drinking is that kids don't care and they go all out, mixing a bunch of stuff together and ending up getting pretty sick... You live and learn. 21 is way too old to start drinking, that's why you learn when your like 17 - 18.

I heard that the drinking age in Germany is 16 or something?

marijuana > booze any day

Quote Originally Posted by netz
    NY State's smoking ban is universal? In neighboring Massachusetts, smoking is almost entirely banned except in bars where no food is served. I'm surprised NY got away without such a clause in their smoking ban. Fortunately, most bars around here except for the really ratty ones serve food, so I know exactly which ones to avoid.

It seems like the most important thing I've taken from this conversation is that it's important to know exactly what you want, otherwise, uncomfortable or even negative situations seem to arise. I think most of my problem in social situations is simply sheer inexperience, leading to me overanalyzing everything that's said or done, and second guessing myself instead of just taking a chance. I guess I just need to get outside more, and be around more people. That's pretty much the conclusion I expected to reach here, but it's interesting to hear from other people what they do or what they expect.
    Sersiously, chicks dig guys who are easy going, and most important, CONFIDENT. Don't confuse that with arrogant or cocky, but they like dudes who know what they want and know how to get it. Just act confident and girls will be all over you.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

yeah I was born in Montreal, so I always attributed my overall apathy to drinking to that. I think 18 is a good drinking age, it IS when you are supposed to be considered an adult. You can get married, vote, and join the army and die for your country--but no drinking! IMO if the age was lower drinking in college wouldnt be as be a deal, and because of this there would be fewer problems.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    think the whole underage drinking and partying thing is pretty common. I was never into it, most I ever drank was at a friend's 21st birthday when I was 20 and his parents were supervising the whole thing.
    I laughed hysterically loud when I read this. It boggles my mind that the drinking age in some states is 21; in Quebec it's 18... I'm curious, what did you drink that night?

The thing with underage drinking is that kids don't care and they go all out, mixing a bunch of stuff together and ending up getting pretty sick... You live and learn. 21 is way too old to start drinking, that's why you learn when your like 17 - 18.

QFT on the weed being better than booze for sure... worst thing I do when smoking is eat snacks and play videogames.

But yeah I have blacked out a few times and it only happens when I get absolutely trashed. I try to not drink so much these days as I do not want to hear any stories or see any more pictures of events that I do not remember. Haven't puked or blacked out in over 5 years or so. Anyone who tells you blackouts don't happen are lying their ass off or more likely do not know what the fuck they are talking about.

Drinking as a social crutch is lame imo. If I am drinking, smoking or whatever it is to get fucked up. Really could care less if I meet new people, some people just ruin my buzz/high anyways.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

the best is when your puking and your thinking:

"i'm never gonna drink again".

Next weekend comes, and ur drinking just the same XD

the best is when your puking and your thinking:

"i'm never gonna drink again".

Next weekend comes, and ur drinking just the same XD
    ahaha this is so true XD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Quote Originally Posted by netz

Sersiously, chicks dig guys who are easy going, and most important, CONFIDENT. Don't confuse that with arrogant or cocky, but they like dudes who know what they want and know how to get it. Just be confident and girls will be all over you.
    Fixed.

We drank like everything. His parents stocked a full bar for the guy, crown, tequila, jack, three kinds of schnapps. They had a wall chart of mixed drink recipes called the "Periodic Table of Alcohol" or something and Jon would just go down the list. Most of the people there got pretty trashed.

It wasn't a very wild party though despite that, most interesting thing that happened all night was when we watched The Princess Bride and three of the guys recited the ENTIRE movie word-for-word along with the tv, except slurring and stumbling over every other syllable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6