BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Kamugi must die for his crimes!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Several months back I asked a lot of people if nin could use eviscerate and they were like 'no, you can unlock it, but not use it'. I was really bored for several nights and unlocked the trial dagger along with a heart snatcher to reveal the truth to those liars ;x

/emo that I can't Tachi:Gekko even with capped GK. I would be SE's bitch if they let NIN use that ws.

Quote Originally Posted by Navia
    Several months back I asked a lot of people if nin could use eviscerate and they were like 'no, you can unlock it, but not use it'. I was really bored for several nights and unlocked the trial dagger along with a heart snatcher to reveal the truth to those liars ;x

/emo that I can't Tachi:Gekko even with capped GK. I would be SE's bitch if they let NIN use that ws.
    It's 230, the NIN dagger cap, and NIN is on the trial weapon... why the heck would anyone say you couldn't use it?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thranduil
    Quote Originally Posted by Navia

It's 230, the NIN dagger cap, and NIN is on the trial weapon... why the heck would anyone say you couldn't use it?
    Becaues they're lazy and would rather spread misinformation than admit that they don't want to Viper Bite Robber crabs for 3 hours.

Palladium Dagger looks great to me, and I look forward to getting one for my offhand while soloing. People can be too closed-minded sometimes, it's not always about DPS in every imaginable situation you might encounter in the game. Particularly when soloing, it's about surviving. Killing a mob 20 seconds faster when soloing isn't going to make the difference between whether or not you can solo it, the aim when soloing is trying to find a balance between defensive skills and offensive skills. It's awesome to be able to have a weapon imbued with defensive skills, there are only a handful of weapons in the entire game that help one's defensive skills.

Too bad in order to counter, you must have been hit (not blocked by utsu), and anything a thief will tank, they will be subbing nin.
    Could swear I've countered while shadows were up before.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Mnk/Nin with Counterstance & AF2 would be declared King of the Universe if you could Counter with Shadows up. Utsusemi = no Counters.

Blink doesn't count either....things get through Blink.

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    Mnk/Nin with Counterstance & AF2 would be declared King of the Universe if you could Counter with Shadows up. Utsusemi = no Counters.

Blink doesn't count either....things get through Blink.
    Correct, only time you may have countered was possibly as you were casting Utsusemi, I know I love when casting Ichi and seeing a counter and then get my shadows up untouched.

+1 counter is pretty meaningless by itself since its 1%, that's why tanks don't walk around with Avenger's Earrings. As wast stated, if counter could activate with Utsusemi up, MNK/NIN would seriously rule the world. Apply a Counterstanced counter rate filter before shadow loss and you could tank damn close to anything without ever running out of shadows.