Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Dyna Bastok question (yo waffles)

The effigy shield mobs are static, right? SMN BST etc etc etc etc (others dont matter) or are they random? I told our NIN to take out the one with the wand (the SMN) first then it pulled out a harp >_> but that hasn't happened before.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Re: Dyna Bastok question (yo waffles)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    The effigy shield mobs are static, right? SMN BST etc etc etc etc (others dont matter) or are they random? I told our NIN to take out the one with the wand (the SMN) first then it pulled out a harp >_> but that hasn't happened before.
    Unless it magically changed or glitched somehow, all dynamis mob pops are the same each time you do it. They have switched around mob placement in Dynamis-Bastok before without saying anything, but it's only happened once as far as I can remember.

I'm not even sure it'd be possible for them to make it random without a lot of work on their part, so chances are nothing has changed. I wouldn't go by the weapons they are carrying though, since some jobs have really weird equipment choices.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Yeah I'm pretty sure the BST NM also popped out of place, a couple of statues before it normally does (I could have sworn it pops on the far north wall leading toward the galka ghetto ramp before).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quicklet: Actually that's not quite true, the BST NM in Bastok can pop at 2 different stones. 99% sure I've seen it at 2 different ones in our last 2 runs anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if the shields could pop with random jobs.

Always been static as long as I've done bastok. NMs have always popped out of the same stones too.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Quicklet: Actually that's not quite true, the BST NM in Bastok can pop at 2 different stones. 99% sure I've seen it at 2 different ones in our last 2 runs anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if the shields could pop with random jobs.
    I'm 100% sure it pops from 2 different stones. I actually think i've seen it pop from 3 stones.

The BST nm Tortoisedriver can pop at 2 different locations, but both close to each other.

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/7703/bastoklm6.jpg

We've never seen it pop anywhere else to my recollection.

Seen it pop from the cart on the north wall of G-6, which isn't pictured there

edit:
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...sBastok001.jpg
    right about thar

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend

edit:
    right about thar

did bastok last 2 weeks and be`ebo popped here both times

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Imaulle

edit:
    right about thar

Seen it here as well.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

NM/GreenEye/BlueEye/RedEye can all change stalls.... from what I can recall anyway. The NM at least moves from the North far right stall, to the closest stall to you... if they all are not random.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaulle

edit:
    right about thar

Seen it here as well.
    I'll also confirm this. I remember getting the NM and being like "wtf? I thought..." because I was used to him being somewhere else.

I'm certain it doesn't pop in that corner. You can read that to mean "I've never seen it pop in that corner, in runs with Manaburn or in runs with my other shells" if it makes you feel better.

I'm also quite certian that the original dona.jp map is incorrect, however. Look at Aurik's map: the stone marked with the BST NM is actually a solo time extension; the stone marked "Solo MP" is the BST NM. The stone in G-5 marked as the time extender is actually the solo MP stone.

Edit: the usualy caveats apply, I haven't done Bastok in a while, etc. etc.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

We did Bastok two times in a row this week. The first time it popped where Aurik's map showed. The second Bastok we did it popped in the corner that everyone is saying it can't pop from.

Out of about 30-40 Dynamis-Bastoks over the last 2 years, I would say I see it pop in the corner that "It doesn't pop in" about 70% of the time.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've seen him spawn from both of those locations.

Sometimes we end up fighting him before we have moved up to the main Arch, and other times we are almost all the way to the Arch and then get him.

I've never actually thought about that before until people mentioned it just now.

Our run last night he spawned in the corner by the cart because we had actually completely cleared out the stones under the Archway & then pulled towards the Alley and got him then.