Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64

Thread: Attachments?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

approaching 60

So I'm just shy of 58 now and about to start the ENM routine finally. Endgame gear PUP is one thing, but lvl capped PUP60 will always remain relevant on how to optimize too. I had a few questions:

- should i even bother trying this before im fully capped at 60, or would 57/58 still give me a decent chance at the win? I don't have a ton of time to play, so it might be another few weeks before I'm capped, and obviously I want to start the ENM rotation as soon as possible.

- now that people have done this alot, what is the preferred strategy for wins? I read alot of posts when it first started and have seen advocates of valorwaker and fullvalor, but haven't seen much strat discussion of late and I know people have this down to a science now. Elmer, your videos make it seem like you ended up preferring fullvalor...is this still how you do it? And why Valor/harlequin over valorwaker as some suggest? And what would you say are the primary advantages of each style as far as items/risk? Valorwaker would never tank i assume and not use strobe, so its all about potions and cure4s (or can it survive some WS too?), while valor tanking you have to hope repair has enough impact and hope to pull hate and tank some occasionally? The puppet tanking would allow you to hit the fanto from behind and avoid guard?

My main fears are needing way too many potions since i have massive inventory issues due to my RDM main carrying so much crap, fullvalor tanking leading to losses if fight goes on too long due to unfavorable summons, and uh, i dunno. Also, do people still kill harlequinn frame if its summoned or no? Ive read accounts where they claim they only kill valor models and just go out on the fanto otherwise.

- Lastly, there are some equips I've never seen discussed in detail and wanted to throw it out there.
    • First, the Vampire Mask is actually an ok piece of gear for the 50sto 60s for people without the rare/ex goodness of sallet or pin. Its def is very high for PUP gear, its dirt cheap, and it gives acc+3 at night.

• Next, help me understand why sainti's lower delay combined with its accuracy may actually be a better choice than the TM Hooks in the 50-60 range. Where def is a concern like the enm i understand, but do sainti tp faster as a result of the low delay resulting in more ws or is that not the case really? I cant parse, so its hard for me to make gear appraisals. Really, i suppose I'm looking for a better understanding of when to choose lower delay lower damage gear over higher delay higher damage weapons, as I'm sure its not clearcut (eg: cermet claws vs darkstell katars)The wiki says sainti gives 5 tp/hit vs 4.1 tp/hit for tmhooks+1. is that right? faster delay and more tp per hit == win?

• Also, what weapon do you recommend in the ENM? Black Adargas? Sainti? TM Hooks, defense be damned? One of the Vanilla Claws? Or what about this item, which I've never seen discussed:
      Puppet Claws the atk+2 seems a pretty trivial bonus, and too much IS if it only shines in Beseiged. Worth it as an ENM or lvling equip? Think there might be hidden effects for the puppet due to its name?

Also interested in any other armor recommendations for ENM from those who have now thoroughly refined their strategy.

long post. thanks

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

use black adargas or tm hooks+2 for the enm

i'd use a blink band for your head, you get blink and eva+4

i have no problems winning the ENM with stormwaker body and harlequin head. i'll kill any valouredge or harlequin that the fantoccini summons.

basically, pop a light manuever whenever the goblin does a roll so you can flash a WS. other than that i just use ice manuever to speed up recasts (mana booster and tactical processor) and fire or thunder to affect the puppet's damage.

(LOL where'd I get the puppetmaster title?)

There are a few methods to beating the PUP ENM. Despite this, I believe the deciding factor in winning is your comfort level.

At first, the fight will be difficult. Once you go a few times and really settle on a strategy, it will become easy. You will be more confident and will have experienced the various problems you can encounter first-hand. So don't worry about using a "wrong" setup, because Puppetmaster allows you to tailor the Master/Puppet to your personal playstyle.

For me, the benefits of full Valoredge are linked with my shortcomings as Taru: low HP, defense, damage (compared to other races).
    The Valoredge tanks while I support tank if it's in danger.

As I went along I got more comfortable though and fight went more smoothly. Where I used to bring 20-30 potions, now I bring around 10 max, and usually have some leftover. I used to have full Raven gear to swap in and out, now I simply melee in AF.

Getting the patterns of the battle down is the real key to victory here. I've even heard of people going in with Sharpshot and just beating down the Fantocinni as fast as possible.

That said, Odd's recommendations above are pretty solid for any PUP strategy.

Black Adargas, Blink Band, **Flash before enemy WS**, kill Valoredges/Halequins(Icarus Wing->WS the first one, save TP for each subsequent summons until a 'safe' one appears)

If you don't mind spending the money, it might be good to get a feel for the battle at your level, so when you hit 60 you're in a prime position to win every time.

Odd: Puppetmaster title seems to be given in your postcount range. The titles go from crappy aspects of the game to better and better as you post more.

enm pup57 win

so i went for it. screw getting to 60 first, I want max attempts for attachment drops.

I went into the ENM today for my first try ever as a lvl 57. I took in the valorwaker without provoke, was wearing silk headband+1 and RK Aketon and Sainti. I ate sole sushi and used primarily ice fire and light elemnts with occasional earth or thunder. Ended up not using the icarus wing and forgot to use the au lait lol. Got lucky that he summoned a mage puppet right off, i ran back and engaged him and starting beating on him and praying Jack dropped timely cures on me. I used 10 of the 12 potions I had. I dont rememer all the rolls, but the fanto got 300tp and did spinning fist? but it only hit for 120 or so on me, and i was full at the time, might have flashed recently. My puppet got tp once from the dice right as it was WSing and it proceeded to do a self skillchain Impaction with double slapstick (57 and 69 damage each) for 12 sc damage near the end lol. Heart was racing, was at 300 hp alot of fight, end up winning at 8.5 minutes. woot! 2000 xp....and no drop ; ;

I suppose if this worked for me, itll only get better at 60, but I did feel right on the jagged edge with valorwaker and was pretty antsy for a few of its cures. Might try out full valor next time as Id like to share hate more and make use of Repair healing more. Can Valorwaker tank for a full 2 vokes from a fire manuever? If i could let him take the heat for a bit when im close to having tp and am lowish in hp, that would have helped alot for me to recover a sec then ws to get hate back. I DO like the cure bombs. I want a ValorEdge Frame+1 that has an mp pool and cure4.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: enm pup57 win

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    I want a ValorEdge Frame+1 that has an mp pool and cure4.
    Valor Head and Storm Body = MP pool and Cure 4, lol. Mostly used for soloing though.

The best combination I use for ENM is Valor Head and Harlequin body. It has enough MP with Mana Tank 2 to last the length of the ENM, can provoke, and tank a lot of hits too.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i don't get all the love for valourwaker... sure it only casts cure, which is handy... but it's got the slowest recast time. i'd prefer straight storm (with scanner attached) or with harlequin head. the recast is cut considerably and getting bio tossed on the fantoccini is actually pretty helpful.

also, i'm a galka so i prefer to do the tanking and just have sparky support me... if i was taru i'd probably have the puppet tank b/c an unlucky raging fists can take off a bunch of hp

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odd
    i don't get all the love for valourwaker... sure it only casts cure, which is handy... but it's got the slowest recast time. i'd prefer straight storm (with scanner attached) or with harlequin head. the recast is cut considerably and getting bio tossed on the fantoccini is actually pretty helpful.

also, i'm a galka so i prefer to do the tanking and just have sparky support me... if i was taru i'd probably have the puppet tank b/c an unlucky raging fists can take off a bunch of hp
    Yeah Galka have it easy lol. If you manage to win and get Tactical Processor, that might solve your problems. I personally only use this mode for soloing, since my favourite is Valor/Valor. <3 capped melee merits in exp burn!

enm take2

well, made my second attempt at the ENM yesterday (and am now above 60 so i was capped this time), but it didnt go as smoothly. I went in this time with harlequin head storm body, which has the benefit of much faster cast times than valor head. The only spell besides cures it cast were bio2 twice, which was actually useful, so im pretty pleased with this setup in theory.

The fight started with a vlor frame, which i used a wing to take out kinda quickly, but then got a harlequin i had to deal with too. I finally got a ranger frame to appear so ran back and got to work on the fanto. But it just didnt go so smooth. He was doing alot more WS than the previous time, and thanks to 2 frames i had to kill, i was going through potions pretty fast. The fanto did a ws right after i was cured, then got a roll for more tp as i was still trying to recover (with only 3 hipots left in inventory atthat point) and I got Comboed out of it before i could get some more hp back. The fanto was at like 10% so a different roll at the end and I think victory would have been mine.

The ranger frame was actually kicking my ass from afar. He rarely missed and was doing 60->100 a shot, and then accruballista hit me too. Felt like maybe I should have had my auto voke him and take the heat, as I still didnt make good use of the auto taking damage and using repair, which makes me feel like Im not using all the tools I have. I also have never made use of ADD for a cure or used Overdrive yet. I also suppose I am too scared to stay in the orange and wait for cures and pop potions prematurely, as i went through way too many last night for my liking. id like to get to point where i know 10 pots is plenty to win with for inventory reasons. How do those of you that tank with puppet cures deal with the ranged puppet from afar? did i miss something? was suprised at how deadly the ranger was after reading strats.

5 more days....

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The exact reason I will never use the Storm/Valor combo (besides being undefeated with Harlequin/Valor). Why tank when you can have an expendable pet do it instead? When you die, the fight is over. I'm sure it can be done, and I'm positive a few people out there use this as their primary tactic. However, when the time between attempts is 120 hours, I'm going to play it on the safe side. It seems like some sort of lolpup e-peen thing to do this ENM successfully with some other means besides the 'better safe than sorry' method that has treated me so well.

Again, I have my ENM60 strategy typed out in a .txt for any of those interested. I haven't touched this ENM since I got all the attachments (because the prep time and the trip are annoyingly drawn out when you have minimal inventory) but it has never failed me. There have been close calls but only because of my own user error (lol forgot provoke attachment) or insanely bad luck with Goblin Dice (lol benediction @ 20%). I'll post it or PM it if anyone is still interested.