Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Attachments?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Attachments?

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to acquire the new attachments. I know the 8 tier 2's are dropped but troll pups but the other 8 no one seems to how to get them. Has anyone found out where to get?

Edit - Also has seen the tier 2's drop from the ISNM's.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

LolPUP I know but bumping. Has anyone seen the new automatons that scale the matons in relation to the mob's attack and defense? I am so curious as to how this is going to affect the maton's attack on HNMs but no one has been able to find them yet.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

One dropped off a PUP troll a couple of us were meriting on a few days ago in Mt. Zhaloym.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Re: Attachments?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerhume
    I was just wondering if anyone knew how to acquire the new attachments. I know the 8 tier 2's are dropped but troll pups but the other 8 no one seems to how to get them. Has anyone found out where to get?

Edit - Also has seen the tier 2's drop from the ISNM's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decay24
    One dropped off a PUP troll a couple of us were meriting on a few days ago in Mt. Zhaloym.
    He said he knows they drop from troll PUPs nub.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

And was that one of the kinds he says he knows drop off trolls or a kind unaccounted for?

edit- Bah, slow

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Has anybody tried them out, especially as /PUP?
    I kinda like to try crazy subjobs for fun, and PUP is nice as sub at really low levels when the job vs sub level difference is not so bad and other subjobs don't yet offer much, but I am having a hard time trying to think of any possible use for PUP sub at higher levels, however minimal.
    I was wondering if any of the new attachments help with that.

Post on alla (i know omfg alla) says that someone got a drum magazine as a drop from ENM 60, Pulling Strings.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob
    Post on alla (i know omfg alla) says that someone got a drum magazine as a drop from ENM 60, Pulling Strings.
    . . . Goddamnit. . . I was assuming they would drop from that but I was hoping I was wrong. These oh-so-subtle time-sinks are really getting to me. One chance every 5 days, random chance that Goblin Dice will fuck you over in the fight, random chance of only getting Worm Mulch if you win... It'll be a long time before I get the next 8 attatchments... especially since it'll be a long long time before they start showing up on the AH since only PUP can obtain them...

This shit needs to get blown up, I NEED TO KNOW! I didn't want to level my PUP again until I got all my attachments, but that could take a while and I can't stand not playing PUP...

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    LolPUP I know but bumping. Has anyone seen the new automatons that scale the matons in relation to the mob's attack and defense? I am so curious as to how this is going to affect the maton's attack on HNMs but no one has been able to find them yet.
    They added automatons that scale their stats in relation to the mob you're fighting? Can you elaborate, or cite any .dat files?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Has anybody tried them out, especially as /PUP?
    I kinda like to try crazy subjobs for fun, and PUP is nice as sub at really low levels when the job vs sub level difference is not so bad and other subjobs don't yet offer much, but I am having a hard time trying to think of any possible use for PUP sub at higher levels, however minimal.
    I was wondering if any of the new attachments help with that.
    A long time ago, I went into Dynamis-Sandy as 75BRD/37PUP for shits and giggles (tiny bit of a CHR boost, but less than BST). With the Valoredge frame, it was occasionally hitting mobs for 5 dmg, which was really impressive for a lv.37 pet and for its Melee skill being way under cap. That aside, the only thing it was good for was Flash. The flash occurs exactly every 45 seconds (as long as a light maneuver is in effect) and is completely unresistable and hate-less.

Mage frame might be able to dish you a few cures, maybe Cure IIIs at the most... while getting resisted on enfeebles/nukes, unless you want Bio or Dia (I forget which it prefers at 37). It can then convert, cure itself and continue curing you or whatever, but again, it's lv.37 so its MP pool isn't too impressive.

Lastly, the ranger frame will never hit. The end.

Unless these mystery attatchments that are affected by mob strength are as impressive as they sound... using a pup subjob for its pet dmg reasons seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    This shit needs to get blown up, I NEED TO KNOW! I didn't want to level my PUP again until I got all my attachments, but that could take a while and I can't stand not playing PUP...
    Since I fucked up bad the first attempt (lol @ using activate before I entered...) I got 24 more hours until I can go in again, and I am going in loaded to the brim with meds, I'll report back then, unless someone else beats me to a drop screenshot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    They added automatons that scale their stats in relation to the mob you're fighting? Can you elaborate, or cite any .dat files?
    Here's the two attatchments in question:

[Target Marker] Enhances accuracy against strong enemies
    &
    [Attuner] Enhances attack against strong enemies

This -might- be the thing that saves PUP in endgame... if these work with such potency...

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko

&

This -might- be the thing that saves PUP in endgame... if these work with such potency...
    Those could be potentially game breaking items for PUP lol.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko

&

Those could be potentially game breaking items for PUP lol.
    If you could see the grin on my face I'm sure you'd say I need surgery...

I can't wait till I get 60+

edit: I haven't noticed it or tried testing (but I will if I get a PT ._.) but does tension spring increase the AtMs ratk as well?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    edit: I haven't noticed it or tried testing (but I will if I get a PT ._.) but does tension spring increase the AtMs ratk as well?
    I'm almost positive it does... I recall on the update details page for the PUP job when it was added, it had the maneuver list and what each element affected and FIRE: enmity/attack/r.attack

Also, for some reason, the automaton's distance affects it's ranged attack oddly. The closer they are to the mob, the more dmg. As for accuracy, I can't confirm distance affects it from my observations. Tip: Put Valoredge head on Sharpshooter body so it gets within melee range (for TP and better ranged dmg)

Edit: just realized I think I answered that wrong, I'll test out some ranged attacks on Lv.0 bumblebees at max range with Tension Spring II and without... that should be an easy test. but for now, back to expin'~

Banned.

BG Level

I'm a complete PUP noob, but is there any level restriction at all on pieces? (I mean on the new ones, becuase I'm sure everyone already have the original ones).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I'm a complete PUP noob, but is there any level restriction at all on pieces? (I mean on the new ones, becuase I'm sure everyone already have the original ones).
    The only form of a level restriction is the inability to get all the frames until lv.30, one each ten levels. Other than that you can put any of the attatchments in the game on your lv.1 automaton and wreck some tiny mandragoras' lives... that is if they fit. "Tier II" attatchments all cost three of their corresponding element to equip, making it impossible to use Mana Tank II or Auto-Repair Kit II on the basic Harlequin head & frame.

Banned.

BG Level

I see, thanks. I don't know if that is a bad way to design it or a good way. It seems either way, it will be a balance on making things too weak or too strong. I don't know if they do now, but if things got better as you leveled up, it would be great. I've heard the Stoneskin piece doesn't scale well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

For the most part, the actual effect of the attatchments are pretty difficult to see without parsing a lot of data... but I can confirm that the stoneskin from Shock Absorber is always capped at 100 dmg absorbtion, regardless of level. That owns so hard at lv.1, but sucks so bad now, when exp mobs hit for like 200.

On the other hand the HP and MP boosts from Mana Tank and Auto-Repair Kit are +%s so those scale very well. (Lv.67 Valoredge with Auto-Repair Kit II & AF body = 1736 hp lol)

It seems to be real hit-or-miss atm.

I just hope tier 2 is % and not fixed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast