BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

GM calls need a user-feedback questionnaire

With as many complaints people have with dissatisfaction in the way GMs handle their calls, I think SE needs to implement some sort of feedback system. Where I work any service request we put in, or any internal support we get always has a follow-up email with a link to a feedback site where we can fill out comments on how the support call went.

If SE really wants to check the pulse on their outsourced GM system, then with every call placed there would be a unique ID attached to the GM call, and an email sent to our PlayOnline account with a link to a page where we can provide feedback. The server would record a transcript of the GM call for reference and validation, and provide the transcript in the email or on the feedback page.

I believe this would drastically improve GM calls, as instead of blowing us off as soon as possible, they would actually provide a solution (even if it's a solution we might not agree with, as long as it adheres to the TOS.) As it stands, the only feedback SE gets from players in regards to GM calls is probably minimal at best. I'd bet money that they base most of the player satisfaction of GM calls on their outsource company, which is hardly a good indication since they're going to want to paint as pretty a picture as possible.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Your thread nowhere mentions Ninurta's Sash, obviously it fails

K, I'm going to thank them for the chocobo digging upgrades. It really has helped me keep it at a relaxed pace.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

i completely stopped calling GM's because they are 100% worthless people who don't even have a clue about the basics of ffxi. One thing that really pisses me the fuck off about our GM system is when a NA calls a GM its never a fast response but when a JP does it they get speedy service with results usually within 10mins.

complete overhaul needs to be done imo I don't want sam who just got fired from fucking walmart answering my GM calls while the jp's get someone who actually has something to do with the game and not just "outsourced" people.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i called a GM the other day... thought for a luagh and might actually get somthing done because the CGF was one who had been recently banned for botting

my GM call went somthing along the lines of "Cherep and crew are botting again" or somthing along the lines of that but thought id speak to the GM about it

GM came ... was odd he didnt even use the usual GM language .. didnt use capital letters didnt have correct spelling or grammar it was just like my typing atm which i know sucks

anyway he says "hello" i explain what situation at the NM for like ages i hear nothing from him then he says "i will investigate" without saying anything else this all seemed really odd so i complained at him saying he blatently wasnt gunna do anything he didnt even ask for names

then he went off on me saying how can he do his job if im arguing with him.... and shouted that he check the 2 names i gave him and one of them wasnt even online...

i thought hmmm i only gave one name in my call wtf then i realised he thought Crew was a person ....

so i tryed to explain to him for like 5 mins and he wouldnt understand that crew wasnt a person but it was a phrase for somone and their team....

GMs are retards ~ anyway he shouted at me more then left and i was left thinking wtf at this customer service... this case was even worse than the normal GMs who at least try and be polite

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Need to ask to speak to the sGM, tell him what a retard this guy is lol.

Lamente +win for the RHPS avatar ^_^;

On-topic: Customer feedback for the GM system is a great idea, unfortunately i doubt that Square Enix would ever implement it. They wouldnt see it as cost effective to deploy as it would force them to fix the game in some aspects (GMs for one) which i believe they dont want to do.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah, GMs in WoW have a macro that gives you info on where to give feedback when they sign off with you. I've never given feedback, but GMs in WoW have never disappointed me. Just yesterday one of my guildies who had his account hacked, logged in to find all of his armor and money refunded from the GM who had been in charge of his case. This is great because everyone was saying that the GMs will have you BUY back your armor from a specific vendor, which the guy wasn't too thrilled over. But the GM actually sent all his stuff to the mailbox directly, so it didn't cost him anything.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Coco
    Yeah, GMs in WoW have a macro that gives you info on where to give feedback when they sign off with you. I've never given feedback, but GMs in WoW have never disappointed me. Just yesterday one of my guildies who had his account hacked, logged in to find all of his armor and money refunded from the GM who had been in charge of his case. This is great because everyone was saying that the GMs will have you BUY back your armor from a specific vendor, which the guy wasn't too thrilled over. But the GM actually sent all his stuff to the mailbox directly, so it didn't cost him anything.
    Look, this isn't wow ok? We want you to spend another 2 years of your life paying to play ffxi to get back everything you lost.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Coren
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco
    Look, this isn't wow ok? We want you to spend another 2 years of your life paying to play ffxi to get back everything you lost.
    lol yeah that seems to be the case. XD i have been thinking about coming back to FFXI... but every time i think about it... i stop. XD