Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Goldsmithng 60>100     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Goldsmithng 60>100

Hello guys and girls im actualy GS 61.7 and have about 35M and i really would like to be able to get 100 with that money

actualy i do Hydro patas and i think its the best way to not lose alot money till lvl 65-66

after that i think maybe doing Plat.Rings it cost alot but you can sell them back and finally not lose alot money

but but but

after 70 it becames scarry >.> till i can craft breads i didnt see any craft that isnt a complet lose of money

So i call for a GSer help if anyone can tell me a way to lvl easy and not lose all my money

PS: please forgive me for my bad english

Level Alchemy or Bonecraft.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    Level Alchemy or Bonecraft.
    (True Strike). I'd even say level cooking. With cooking you don't have to compete with the expansion packs for ring and earring slots like you do with goldsmithing, but maybe I'm just jaded.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You should get kind of far with that, then you can HQ things when you start running low on cash for money. You should be okay.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hey Mijin how much costed you to get to 100?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't level goldsmithing.

It's the devil and 35mil is chump change.

You should hook up with a bonecrafter that is on the bone patas stage of leveling. They churn those things out in large numbers and can provide you with the patas you need to level smoothly to 67. I remember I was supplying several different goldsmithies when I was at that stage. I haven't researched goldsmithing in depth but they all told me that was the cheapest recipe available to them at that level. It won't get you 60 > 100 but it's a good way to get 7 cheap levels when everything else is expensive, so it's a start.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

no i'm 65.5 i made like 40+ Platinium Earings and used 15M now i think ill do the same with some Platinium Rings which are LV70 craft till i get 68 i think so i can buy my body. but after that ill need to wait verry long to sell all thous rings and earings but when ill be done i will not lose alot money

Now the qustion is what to do after that i didnt see anything that you can easy sell to get your money back and that till LV87 with Elemental Ors which are expensive yes but you can easy resell them.

now the the prob is this interval 68-82 !!!

i tought go farm moblins masks and mails to desint. them on gold ingot or maybe Gob Enchenter they drop all ingits ....

anyone can say me if i can get easy HQ3 on Gobs stuffs? or maybe i should just farm and do BCs and trow away my noney till 82?

EDIT: can a GS100+6 desint. platinium rings and earings easy?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

EDIT: can a GS100+6 desint. platinium rings and earings easy?
    Desynths are never easy, once you get to the "level cap" for the desynth, it doesn't get any better even if you're 80 levels above them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i have the 6 desint. mog agensment you think it worth trying once i get 68?

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Desynthing is never reliable. I do moblin stuff once in a while to try to make a few bucks.. Usually never works out for me though.

*engrish is gud edit*

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    Desynthing is never reliably. I do moblin stuff once in a while to try to make a few bucks.. Usually never works out for me though.
    Same here, desynthing should be saved for goods purchased from NPC's or things you farm yourself. I never came out ahead buying beastmen drops for gil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    Desynthing is never reliable. I do moblin stuff once in a while to try to make a few bucks.. Usually never works out for me though.

*engrish is gud edit*
    Ever so true. I was farming Soulflayer robes over the weekend to try and desynth them into some imperial silk cloth. 3 robes: 1 HQ (gave to ls members who needed them for BLU AF), 2 breaks. Thats with the desynth moghancement. Had overwhelming lightning element tho so that didn't apply. Yay unreliability

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I only desynth stuff when:

I got the drops xping/whatever.

OR

I synthed a bunch of junk for skill (most times with a gold ingot) that I'll have no choice but to drop or NPC (heck, I got about 4 gold ingots total out of about 100-150 synths from this adventure as well as lots of iron ingots, etc, so, not a total waste of time).

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

When I was doing my Muscle belt push for GS, I desynthed every single belt I got (no leveling HQs) but I did get a good # of gold ingots back when I did it.

On average, I was getting 2-3 Ingots per stack of materials used. Sometimes more. Usually 2 though

expect to lose about 20 mil of what you have getting from 68-82 if not more, depending on how lucky you are.

You're about to enter the worst stage of goldsmithing, 35 mil is a good start, but unless you're careful/smart about what/when you synth, you're going to lose most of it and have nothing left once you get past 82, which is by no means cheap itself.

Beads are awesome, but a few breaks can really set you back.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    expect to lose about 20 mil of what you have getting from 68-82 if not more, depending on how lucky you are.

You're about to enter the worst stage of goldsmithing, 35 mil is a good start, but unless you're careful/smart about what/when you synth, you're going to lose most of it and have nothing left once you get past 82, which is by no means cheap itself.

Beads are awesome, but a few breaks can really set you back.
    If you can break synth Moonring Blades and Gold Gauntlets, you may be able to offset the losses of GS Hell.

Wizerd had a better leveling rate with his break synthing than I did with my non break synthing. Although you will lose more of the cheaper ingredients, it may be best for you in the long run.

Wizerd and I were unsure if overwhelming fire energy in the mog house really helps as well but I believe its worth trying. (He used another WW mule to make teh cabinets to help bridge a level)

I did the breaksynthing as well, i just went from 73-84 in the last few weeks.

I didn't get a 1/4 skill up rate, nor did i ever get one level on just one stack of ingots. But it was a lot cheaper than it otherwise could have been, i lost probably about 10-15 mil from 73-81 when i started beads, and i've lost another 5 or so since then since i've been real unlucky with breaks, and i was giving my beads to my brother to try and make staves, and had a few unlucky runs there as well.

But right now i'm sitting on 84.1 and just trying to build up some gil to make another run, selling my pallas bracelets to get into the 90's (assuming they sell, i have no idea what they are worth with all the prices falling lately).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

well usualy when i do a craft 5 lvlmore than mine with signet and on light day
    i maybe breake like 1/20... which is verry good i think
    when i did Plat Earings i started 63 and did like 45 craft + 2 or 3 break and it was always when my sygnet wore off in the midle of a craft ..
    well then if i resume ill have to lose 15M to get to 82 and there's nothing can do for ? T,T

sorry for my english again >,>

Since when does Signet effect crafting?