Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Machazareel
    I'd say suspending someone for shouting stupid shit is a step in the right direction tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    Ban Catalyst.
    Seriously, every time the game is patched there's an influx of morons. Plus BG got linked on alla after that little raid on their clothcrafting drg forums or whatever, that must be where this comes from.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    Quote Originally Posted by Machazareel
    I'd say suspending someone for shouting stupid shit is a step in the right direction tbh.
    QFT

I reckon I won't say VAGINA and PENIS anymore Sad.

Missing out on my daily dose.
    Do you expect people to take you seriously as an adult if you have a "Daily Dose" of saying vulgarities?

and I STILL want to know what a Do-wally is. Wikipedia has 0 entires for that word. Hell, UrbanDictionary doesn't even have an entry.
    Now I'm not saying anything about the banning, but Penis and Vagina being vulgar? WTF?

I could understand, maybe, if he was shouting DICK COCK PUSSY, but penis, thats trivial, especially with a GM that couldn't speak english. Maybe someone needs to wash the sand out of their vagina... OOPS! Gonna get banned, get real.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wow, uptight much?

Edit: Eh, meant for the prudes above, not you, Silverbreeze. I wish this board was equipped with multiple-quoting ^^.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Vulgarity: Something, such as an act or expression, that offends good taste or propriety. Someting Deficient in taste, delicacy, or refinement.

I'm not saying I'm offended, because I don't really care. But I'd say that "PEEPEE POOPOO LOL, VAGINA LOL, LOL PENIS LOL" is just shouting to annoy people, and to get a rise out of people by saying it. Which is "Vulgar"

Just how you define a vulgarity, I guess. Shouting Cock Dick Pussy is pretty much the same thing except people get more uptight about those words. But it's still shouting for the same reason. Uncouth reaction attension whoring.

Hey cassi: PENIS

Seriously, I don't even know you and I fucking hate you.

Grow up.

If you are a "grown man" :

1. How old are you?
    2. What kind of grown man finds that funny?
    3. What kind of grown man makes fun of 15 year old kids?
    4. What kind of grown man thinks it's coooool to be rebellious and shout penis.

I don't care how tame you think you are...
    If you are immature and abuse the /shout function like a 12 year-old then someone should make you stfu.

And the GM did just that. And that makes me happy.

using this waste of a thread to test my sig

uncompromising cuntnificence
    buh buh buh browsssssssss

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    using this waste of a thread to test my sig
    Whoa, nice sig.

thanks =)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

config >> filter >> shout off

And to anyone that says I might miss a useful shout, I'm pretty sure thats an oxymoron.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

If I were the GM I'd ban you too.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Such hate in this thread.

It's like you've never heard "penis" and "vagina" before.

My friends are right, virgin, obese, acne-ridden losers run this game. It's taken me two years, millions of gil, 95 levels of alchemy, hundreds of EXP parties, and a level 75 job to figure that out.

It's the spiteful, bratty kids like the fucks in this thread who ruin this game for people (and in real life, the world).

People don't know what ignoring what they don't like or turning the other cheek means anymore.

I state this, and yet people ignore it like it's not important.

Ignorance IS bliss, I guess. Rhetoric is king.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst
    Lol?

I'm a grown man. I don't see the difference between saying "vagina" and "penis" and "weiner" and "do-wally." I bet I wouldn't get suspended for saying the latter two ; ;.
    Well "Do your parents know you are using the internet unsupervised?"

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox
    Lol?

I'm a grown man. I don't see the difference between saying "vagina" and "penis" and "weiner" and "do-wally." I bet I wouldn't get suspended for saying the latter two ; ;.
    Well "Do your parents know you are using the internet unsupervised?"
    I must be going insane......

I suppose my avatar is offending all kinds of liberals, rofl.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Your shouts displayed morals/anti-social behaviour which were offensive to other players.

That is against the ToS.

If you break the ToS, a GM has the right to take action against you.

A GM took action against you.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anti-social behavior? So what about the girl who said cows were flying in Whitegate? That could be offensive to Hindu players. I see plenty of people shouting or talking in /say about how high they are, or how drunk they are. Part of the storyline could be offending in the parallels to the tower of Babel (separating of the races). That could offend Christians. Even though I'm not like that, I see it as a game... but still, this game is rated "T" for teen, not rated "V" for virgin.

This is hypocrisy.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Noone reported the other players is why no action was taken against them. Someone reported you, so action was taken. Is the difference that hard to see?

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anti-social behavior? So what about the girl who said cows were flying in Whitegate? That could be offensive to Hindu players. I see plenty of people shouting or talking in /say about how high they are, or how drunk they are. Part of the storyline could be offending in the parallels to the tower of Babel (separating of the races). That could offend Christians. Even though I'm not like that, I see it as a game... but still, this game is rated "T" for teen, not rated "V" for virgin.

This is hypocrisy.
    72hr ban only?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Noone reported the other players is why no action was taken against them. Someone reported you, so action was taken. Is the difference that hard to see?
    Principle.