Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

"you will receive info in your letter"

Thats what they told me and everyone else that's ever been suspended or banned before for any reason.

It's pretty damn obvious why I got banned, that isn't the issue; what I want to know is where this letter is. I've never heard of anyone getting one before, even though thats their excuse for discussing anything regarding suspension/termination.

So I thought maybe it's an email. So I checked all of my email accounts, nothing. I asked other people, same end result.

The last possible circumstance I could think of would be they sent the email to your PoL mail account (yarite, like I could view that on a closed account) but I don't think that even SE is that stupid.

This is probably a really stupid question, but who knows, maybe I'll get an answer.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

JP ONRY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst
    JP ONRY
    my serious response to a non serious answer:

I've received letters and emails from SE before, from a place in California, which is where I assume their NA headquarters is.

They wouldn't be sending mail from japan anyway, that would cost quite a bit of money and take probably 2 weeks to get to me.

Someone scanned and posted that letter once...

Its basically says "Sorry, but this didn't work out. GTFO."

Doesn't give any reasons of details regarding your situtation.. its just a polite way of them informing you by mail that you are denied from all playonline services.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Someone scanned and posted that letter once...

Its basically says "Sorry, but this didn't work out. GTFO."
    I know what it's going to say. I just want to know why I haven't received one yet.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Took tsu about 4 months to get his :/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Took tsu about 4 months to get his :/
    Holy shit wow. Why would they wait that long to send one?

Well that answers my question, kind of. I'm still going to call them monday and ask them why they haven't sent me one yet though.

edit: when Lujan got LM-11'd, what exactly happened to him involving the letter and his account and such?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

I remember someone had got perma-banned and the last act SE will do while in the process of banning you is to send you a letter through the mail. Basically it's SE's final legal act in cutting off all ties with you, asking you not to call support and complain about it and a nice "We don't want you as a customer anymore GTFO".

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bwelch
    I remember someone had got perma-banned and the last act SE will do while in the process of banning you is to send you a letter through the mail. Basically it's SE's final legal act in cutting off all ties with you, asking you not to call support and complain about it and a nice "We don't want you as a customer anymore GTFO".
    what I want to know is where this letter is.
    I knew this already, it's been a long time and I haven't received a letter.

Ryko gave me a pretty grim answer, so I hope hes wrong, but maybe not.

Have you called and inquired about your account over the phone yet?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Have you called and inquired about your account over the phone yet?
    I tried once and was on hold for about 1 hour before I gave up.

Gonna try on monday.

Re: "you will receive info in your letter"

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon
    Thats what they told me and everyone else that's ever been suspended or banned before for any reason.

It's pretty damn obvious why I got banned, that isn't the issue; what I want to know is where this letter is. I've never heard of anyone getting one before, even though thats their excuse for discussing anything regarding suspension/termination.

So I thought maybe it's an email. So I checked all of my email accounts, nothing. I asked other people, same end result.

The last possible circumstance I could think of would be they sent the email to your PoL mail account (yarite, like I could view that on a closed account) but I don't think that even SE is that stupid.

This is probably a really stupid question, but who knows, maybe I'll get an answer.
    Having been banned last summer (see: pld 75x2) I can infact confirm you do get a letter in the mail lol, mine took 2-3 months to arrive. This letter is complete bullshit and doesn't even detail why you were banned, it just says you were and nothing more.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Re: "you will receive info in your letter"

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp

Having been banned last summer (see: pld 75x2) I can infact confirm you do get a letter in the mail lol, mine took 2-3 months to arrive. This letter is complete bullshit and doesn't even detail why you were banned, it just says you were and nothing more.
    I have an alibi then. I'll tell them I have friends that got this letter and it said NOTHING about why I was banned.

The unfortunate truth is that SE has decided they don't want your business, and they are under no obligation to provide this service for you if they don't want to.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The unfortunate truth is that SE has decided they don't want your business, and they are under no obligation to provide this service for you if they don't want to.
    Yep. The other unfortunate truth is that they said I would get a letter soon and 4 months isn't mother fucking soon.

Yep. The other unfortunate truth is that they said I would get a letter soon and 4 months isn't mother fucking soon.
    Why do you care? You already know what the letter is going to say.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Why do you care? You already know what the letter is going to say.
    I'm trying to grasp on to impossible hope here and expect them to reverse my ban because no letter was sent so stfu ;/

Call them and suck up.

im in the same situation,but got a 75thf they forgot to ban,so im gonna hold onto that for bit,but if i cant get my other chars back withing the next month,im gonna delete/sell my thf and just be completly done w/ FF

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

You really do have to stay on hold a long time to get through to POL sometimes. I think I was on hold for upward of 60-80 minutes one time. I just put my cell on speaker phone and did other things til the guy picked up. It's annoying, but atleast they have pretty music playing in the background.

On the subject of getting letters out, I worked for a company where they had to manually input the name of everyone they were mailing anything to. It wasn't already in their system, and I only went to work at this place like every couple of months. So I'd get there, and then by the time I got there it would be upwards of 500+ people to input, who signed up for the subscriptions months ago, and this was just for a magazine.

I don't know if SE does it the same way, with having to manually input the shit, but if they do I can totally understand why it would take so long to mail anything out to people.