Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis Mob's Attack     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dynamis Mob's Attack

Nothing revolutionary here, but I put 1 merit into Aura Steal, and I was Stealing from mobs in Dynamis - Sandoria tonight. Hit Steal on a Vanguard Bugler and I absorbed his Warcry effect. It gave me 159 Attack. Since Warcry is 5% of base attack, this proves that Dynamis(-Sandoria) mobs have around 3,180 Attack. That's a lot, lol.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

can you steal charm (for some freaky reason?)

edit : Not to be confused with stealing a chram

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Surprised it wouldnt give you just a warcy modifier off of your base attack, crazy though.

Ya that's crazy, maybe that's why I get hit for like 500 on BLM all the time in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    can you steal charm (for some freaky reason?)

edit : Not to be confused with stealing a chram
    I don't think so. It's not clear exactly how to summarize with one sentence all the possible types of buffs you can steal. Someone was saying you can steal TP mobs but not Job Abilities, but I just stole Warcry so obviously that's not quite true. You can't steal Arm Block however (Orcish Defense Bonus move). Charm just doesn't seem like something you can steal though lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Given the varying effects of mob skills (For example - Feather Tickle when used by a player being partial TP reduction), can it instead be argued that mob warcry is a much higher percentage? I remember at low levels when mobs would hit it, they'd start smacking me twice as hard, something not indicative of a 5% increase.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Maybe their Warcry has a higher percentage modifier?

Someone was saying you can steal TP mobs but not Job Abilities, but I just stole Warcry so obviously that's not quite true.
    Warcry used by Orcs/Quadav is a TP move.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ever stopped to think that the mob's Warcry effect gives more than the 5% that players get?

Refueling gives Haste to clusters... But not the same amount as the white magic. Its entirely possible that the Warcry TP move that Dynamis mobs (Orcs in this case) use is a much stronger buff.

TIP: Cut your post, F5 to see if someone beat you, paste, submit. =)

It's possible it gives more, but TBH it's obvious Dynamis mobs have ridiculous Attack just based on the fact that they can crit you for over 500 sometimes, even if with a respectable amoutn of Defense. 3,180 Attack actually seems like a fairly reasonable estimate.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I'm 100% positive it gives more than 5% when a mob uses it. When soloing quadavs at low level it nearly doubled their damage vs. me when I was on BLU.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Wait for another to do warcry (unbuffed) then do it again, check how much it modifies your attack (without minuets, zerk, etc) off the base.

How long did your uber stolen Warcry last, and did it make your pants bulge?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    I'm 100% positive it gives more than 5% when a mob uses it. When soloing quadavs at low level it nearly doubled their damage vs. me when I was on BLU.
    attack and defence is weird when its done to mobs.

have a crawler do def boost, and watch your dmg magically get cut in half, even if its like a lvnothing crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    attack and defence is weird when its done to mobs.

have a crawler do def boost, and watch your dmg magically get cut in half, even if its like a lvnothing crawler.
    Well cocoon is +50%... In the party I'm in atm (lvl 51 vs chamber beetles) they hit me for 120-130 normally, 70-90 with cocoon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    It's possible it gives more, but TBH it's obvious Dynamis mobs have ridiculous Attack just based on the fact that they can crit you for over 500 sometimes, even if with a respectable amoutn of Defense. 3,180 Attack actually seems like a fairly reasonable estimate.
    In dynamis, a well geared Paladin with 500+ defense can significantly reduce the damage done to himself or herself, as compared to most people with 200-300 defense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they had 3180 attack, then you'd need over 1000 defense to even notice a difference, right? Since their attack is over double yours already? (something to do with those attack formulas...)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Slightly off topic, but for more buff stealing fun...Go steal Rage off of a Sheep or Ram. Level/type makes no difference. I was stealing Rage from them on BLU with Voracious Trunk for kicks...I believe it was a 66% attack boost berserk that lasted 3 minutes exactly. Talk about hardcore berserk.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Damage done would be 500 every hit if their attack was that high. A crit for 500 means their base DMG is 160-170ish. If their base attack was 3k+, they'd hit a pld with full buffs and minnes for 300+ a hit. That doesn't happen, it's a higher % increase. I'd imagine mob attack is closer to 400, maybe as high as 450, like most high end mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Damage done would be 500 every hit if their attack was that high. A crit for 500 means their base DMG is 160-170ish. If their base attack was 3k+, they'd hit a pld with full buffs and minnes for 300+ a hit. That doesn't happen, it's a higher % increase. I'd imagine mob attack is closer to 400, maybe as high as 450, like most high end mobs.
    ...its much higher than that. My guess is like 800ish.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I have bad memories of rage > lamb chop while soloing lowbie jobs in konschtadt.