+ Reply to Thread
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

I was browsing IMDB today and I came across this:
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0483593/

I'm not really sure if it's OFN, but it's news to me. Anyone know anything about this game other than

This game appears to take place around the events of Nibelheim outlined in Last Order: Final Fantasy VII.
    I assume there is going to be some kind of NA release since they have people doing English voice acting.

Enlighten me.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I remember hearing about this a bit back. Don't really know much about it though.

But God I need to finish FF7. I went hard for like a week then I just stopped. >_> @Yuffie's town.

you're nowhere near the end. loser >:3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Yeah I remember hearing about this a bit back. Don't really know much about it though.

But God I need to finish FF7. I went hard for like a week then I just stopped. >_> @Yuffie's town.
    are you OK?

Took one too many of them blue pills didja lolEpical?

I read that square is making a FF7 cellphone game. How gay is that? (I read it in EGM awhile back)

I thought crisis core was gonna be a game on the PSP and Before Crisis was the anime thing.. or did I switch em up? O.o

Before Crisis is the mobile game.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Cor ... antasy_VII

so far, looks like vaporware.

They're really milking it, why can't I just remember the good times I had with FFVII on my playstation and not see it paraded around like some reanimated corpse for the fanboy masses?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

they're making 3 new FF7 games. One is Dirge of Cerberus which is supposed to come out either early August or September, another is Crisis Core and the last one is for the Cell Phone. Ill try to find some links but im on a shared comp so cant right now.

Dirge of Cerberus isn't really new (in terms of what info you can find on it) but I haven't heard much about the other 2.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Cor ... antasy_VII

so far, looks like vaporware.

They're really milking it, why can't I just remember the good times I had with FFVII on my playstation and not see it paraded around like some reanimated corpse for the fanboy masses?
    I don't really see what the big problem is. Most of these games look likie they extend the background story lines that appeared in the original game. Dirge of Cerberus is going to cover Vincent's past (from the looks of it) and Crisis Core looks like it will cover Zack and Cloud's story. As long as the gameplay doesn't suck and it's not some over-the-top reused story line, I look forward to sequels like this.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Dirge of Cerberus looks good, Vincent definetly could use more development. (Plus he was my favorite char, although I didn't use him because his Limit break sucked) Also neat in that it isnt just another RPG.

The other games look a little redundant, but if you are a hardcore FF7 fan I guess its all right. I assume that is who they are marketing to anyway. From the synopsises (however you plural that) on wikipedia it looks like the other games/movies are just rehashing what went on in the original, adding a few details and changing a few minor things.

Advent Children looked really pretty, but the story wasn't very original and mirrored the original story too much imo. I still enjoyed it, I liked the story and the animation was cool. Probably would have been more successful coming out closer to when FF7 was released, or instead of "Spirits Within."

Dirge of Cerberus is horrible gameplay wise, but I suppose for story it'd be worth playing (if you're a fan).

Personally I'm more interested in the other FF7 games because well, Zack and the Turks (especially the Turks are infinatly more interesting then Cloud and Sephiroth). I can't remember the details, but Rude and Reno = win, and Elena is hot, so double win. Zack is like Cloud without the horrible mental capacity and emotional issues (aka he's stable and sociable = more interesting interactions).

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Dirge of Cerberus is horrible gameplay wise, but I suppose for story it'd be worth playing (if you're a fan).

Personally I'm more interested in the other FF7 games because well, Zack and the Turks (especially the Turks are infinatly more interesting then Cloud and Sephiroth). I can't remember the details, but Rude and Reno = win, and Elena is hot, so double win. Zack is like Cloud without the horrible mental capacity and emotional issues (aka he's stable and sociable = more interesting interactions).
    I think it would be awesome if they had a game that was based on the turks. There was a game based on the Turks that came out in Japan but the game could only be played on cellphones or something and it had TERRIBLE graphics (go figure), but if they released a game for the PS2 or PS3 it would be sweet. Could be something like FFX-2 where you have to carry out certain missions, or something along those lines.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Before Crisis (The cell game already released and completed in Japan) is all about the Turks.

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    they're making 3 new FF7 games. One is Dirge of Cerberus which is supposed to come out either early August or September, another is Crisis Core and the last one is for the Cell Phone. Ill try to find some links but im on a shared comp so cant right now.
    Isnt one before crisis or is that FFVII lmfao I'm really not sure but my cousin has a poster its like collab of FFVII it lists the following:
    Before Crisis
    Crisis Core
    Dirge of Cerberus
    Advent Children

Old Merits
    BG Level

God damn, Square-Enix makes me want to vomit. I used to respect the makers of FF for not making actual sequels and creating new worlds and casts of colorful characters. Yay for revisiting grossly overrated games from their past and whoring them out like no tomorrow.

How about they expedite the making of FF12 for NA release and and push FF13 as close to PS3 launch as possible by putting those wasted sequel programmers onto something that is not lame as fuck. To say I have low expectations for any FF sequel after FFX-2 is a understatement. I am sure they will take 5 years until they release the next MMO and still fuck it up badly because they are wasting manpower on another rehashed remake of an old FF or a shitty sequel.