Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

MNK Merits /discuss chi Blast after update

I'm Hoping to cover a wide area of topics here.
    1. Has anyone Noticed greater chi blast resists on HNMs (multiple mnks in alliance, all chi blasting)

2. Mantra good or bad?

3. Penance good or bad?

3. Invigorate? (how much HP per tick?)

5. Finaly , is it time to put the black belt in storage and camp KA (go back to nin and war) I was away for a long time, and since i've come back, Gimp WARs and NINs are outparsing black belt mnks.

P.S: Mute the flamers

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Gimp nins outparsing a BB mnk? Blasphemy. The bests nins cant touch the best mnks. Only good warriors can pull that off.

On topic: Invigorate is 10hp/tick.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

5. Finaly , is it time to put the black belt in storage and camp KA (go back to nin and war) I was away for a long time, and since i've come back, Gimp WARs and NINs are outparsing black belt mnks.
    Not sure what kind of parsing you got, but BB mnk should outparse every nin and most war except the ridill (pretty much even in this case). Unless you're talking about HNM, in which case, I guess WAR win.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

10 HP per tick!! impossible!

EDIT: Also, I'm forced to come /NIN to these new areas. Mages have a shit fest if im /war

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

There have been other posts about this, but I guess a compilation thread is nice.

1) No

2) Mantra is ok. 12% HP boost when fully maxed, which is about 250hp for a elf/galka with full af2.

3) Penance - dissappointing IMO though others disagree. It doesn't fully inhibit TP, only reduces TP gain by about 25%. Which is nothing when you have a mnk 2wars and a nin beating on stuff, and even more worthless when you're zerging an HNM.

3 again- where's 4?!) 10 as already stated, lasts longer with upgrades

5) Unless you're a black belt monk who wears full af1, any ninja isnt going to touch your damage. Ridill wars are the closest thing, and the best ridill war vs the best bb monk is going to be a close race.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed

EDIT: Also, I'm forced to come /NIN to these new areas. Mages have a shit fest if im /war
    If it's 1x mage healing 4x melee, i'll have a shitfest if anyone comes /war, if there's 2 healers 1 bard 3 melee, i dont care if everyone subs war.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

If it's 1x mage healing 4x melee, i'll have a shitfest if anyone comes /war, if there's 2 healers 1 bard 3 melee, i dont care if everyone subs war.
    Agreed. Monks who whine about having to sub nin need to shut the fuck up and eat one for the team. Our damage is still the highest by far unless you blow ass and can't afford gear or get your sky LS of 2 years to give you haidate. Sub nin and enjoy the chain 200s.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

Agreed. Monks who whine about having to sub nin need to shut the fuck up and eat one for the team. Our damage is still the highest by far unless you blow ass and can't afford gear or get your sky LS of 2 years to give you haidate. Sub nin and enjoy the chain 200s.
    While making PTs on my WHM I almost force all melee to sub NIN because MNK/WAR will do 1.3k Asuran but what will become of that MNK/WAR? He'll be dead unless I have MP for 2 Cure 5s but sometimes I just don't.

/NIN is much more efficiant in my opinion its not the "OMGZ I DID 1.5K ASURAN!!!1!!!!111!1!!!" but its more like I just did a 1.1k Asuran and was able to not take more than a Flash/Cure3

5. If you have shit for gear, eat sushi, then I could see how shitty wars or nins could outparse you...Only wars to outparse my mnk/nin have been top-geared ridill wars (have outparsed shitty ridill wars before, since asura has a couple that think ridill is all they need to do good and have shitty gear on other slots).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Re: MNK Merits /discuss chi Blast after update

I LOL'd. I'm doing the exact opposite (hanging up the katanas and leveling mnk) because I always get destroyed by even mediocre mnks. Although my idea of mediocre is usually brown/black belt with togi or osode and maxed h2h merits.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Re: MNK Merits /discuss chi Blast after update

Are you stupid?

I'm a Taru BB Monk and I outparse anyone I party with. If you have any BB Monks getting outparsed you are just pathetic. Especially by a NIN, What the f*ck. Go away.

and wow at 10hp Tick on Invigorate, is that true? Been busy working on PLD and meriting for BLM so I haven't tried for the new MNK stuff. Not like I do anything but merit pts as monk anyways.