Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    only person that I know personally that was able to get a feather was a Royale teammate of mine who had striders, crapton of powder boots and such and barely made it. I haven't seen him try after the update though
    And a telehacks...if he got regain feather. its possible to get other feather without anything, but regain....fuck no.

You'd need BRD75, the Mazurka horn, a Hermes Quencher, THF sj and powder boots. And you'd need the Luminant to pop in the right place, too. There's a spot to the south of the start of the climb where it only takes a few seconds to get up to the mountain. From there, it's a combination of skill and more luck than you would feel good gambling on. I did it once legit, after trying at least 20 times with no luck.
    I wont believe this until I see a video or something. Unless it wears off faster for me, I didnt even get anywhere close to sommet with /thf and hermes quencher, without cloud in my way. And yes, it was the close spawn (like 20sec away from entrance)

Change this later.
    BG Level

Re: Luminants in Attowha

The secret is using your 2hr at the right time.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    6th decay = bb key item
    That't not what I think it is, is it?

Re: Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila
    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    6th decay = bb key item
    That't not what I think it is, is it?
    Bye bye key item.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eratosthenes
    The secret is zooming in on the chat log and jumping forward in time.
    Also, giving a taru warrior a Fortitude Torque...

OH WAIT, WRONG THREAD!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You'd need BRD75, the Mazurka horn, a Hermes Quencher, THF sj and powder boots. And you'd need the Luminant to pop in the right place, too. There's a spot to the south of the start of the climb where it only takes a few seconds to get up to the mountain. From there, it's a combination of skill and more luck than you would feel good gambling on. I did it once legit, after trying at least 20 times with no luck.
    Because the Mazurka horn makes you run faster AND stacks with flee. Don't you only have 60 seconds? Two flees (SJ + Quencher) will take up the full amount of time so what is the third one for / what is Mazurka for at all?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbers
    Because the Mazurka horn makes you run faster AND stacks with flee. Don't you only have 60 seconds? Two flees (SJ + Quencher) will take up the full amount of time so what is the third one for / what is Mazurka for at all?
    god your dense... the third flee and the zurka is to make his story more believable.

Figured I'd jump in here & add my 2 cents.

About halfway through the normal route to get to the top, you drop back down to the 2nd floor. You'll notice a route that leads from the ground floor to the 2nd floor that's nicely blocked by a rock. Using Flee, it's possible to run & squeeze yourself against the side to pass around and still stay on the path for a massive shortcut. I was like 1/10 on successfully pulling (and I think I got it once with just my 25% NIN AF boots after many tries) this off but this doesn't invovle POS hacking and tiny exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlulu
    god your dense... the third flee and the zurka is to make his story more believable.
    Actually, you're the idiot that doesn't realize the extended Mazurka duration actually makes a difference, but that's ok.

It's possible legit--and I'd make you a video, but I sold my character and don't play anymore. Plus it'd probably take me around 30-40 hours of trying it every two hours to pull it off, not to mention a ton of money on Hermes Quenchers. So no, I might not have even done it anyway.

And the last person who posted has but one of the ... three? I think mountain tricks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Actually, you're the idiot that doesn't realize the extended Mazurka duration actually makes a difference, but that's ok.

It's possible legit--and I'd make you a video, but I sold my character and don't play anymore. Plus it'd probably take me around 30-40 hours of trying it every two hours to pull it off, not to mention a ton of money on Hermes Quenchers. So no, I might not have even done it anyway.

And the last person who posted has but one of the ... three? I think mountain tricks.
    I'm pretty sure of two things. Firstly that bard songs last longer than 60 seconds even without an instrument's +duration bonus, secondly that bard songs, without an instrument+bonus, DEFINITELY last longer than 60 seconds with Troubadour. I simply don't see how it could possibly make a difference if you are doing this in one decay. The Flee things ok sure, maybe you pop one early before grabbing the stones, but seriously what is the point of the Mazurka horn?

I'm not saying that you used exploits to do this, but if you did do it without exploits, and you are willing to share these other mountain tricks or whatever please do.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync

but someone on the internets said it was true so it MUST BE TRUE!... poidh... or in this case video or it didn't happen.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyn

About halfway through the normal route to get to the top, you drop back down to the 2nd floor. You'll notice a route that leads from the ground floor to the 2nd floor that's nicely blocked by a rock. Using Flee, it's possible to run & squeeze yourself against the side to pass around and still stay on the path for a massive shortcut. I was like 1/10 on successfully pulling (and I think I got it once with just my 25% NIN AF boots after many tries) this off but this doesn't invovle POS hacking and tiny exploit.
    I tried this last night with just flee and trotters and was able to get to the last cloud of smoke 10 seconds before getting the first fade. With hermes or powder boots and not getting caught by the smoke it should be completely possible to get the regain feather.

Quote Originally Posted by Raylinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyn

I tried this last night with just flee and trotters and was able to get to the last cloud of smoke 10 seconds before getting the first fade. With hermes or powder boots and not getting caught by the smoke it should be completely possible to get the regain feather.
    At least one person on the internets decided it would be fun to try, thanks for shutting people up. I imagine the spot you started with the luminant at was the one I listed. Sometimes you have to wait forever for them to repop and get to the places you want. Only two are up at one time, too.

Yes, I know more about these damn things than I really should.

You can make it up the moutain to get the regain feather by legal means by using flee items, flee, and by going up the south side of the mountain. There's a single black cloud near the base of the hill on the south side. It rarely ever goes down, but when it does, it provides the starting point for the shortest path up the mountain.