Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Luminants in Attowha     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Luminants in Attowha

So, anyone else who actually gets these feathers (legally or not, I really don't care) try to get them since the last update?

At least on Remora, the Luminant's not popping. In fact, it says it's up, at 100%, but untargetable. Isn't that just peachy?

Can anyone give me any information on this from other servers? Trying to figure out wtf they did with it.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

They were always up at 100% so that's not new (even the ones not active.) They could have changed the spawn locations though, I have not changed since the last update though. If I find a reason to try it I'll look at them tonight on Siren.

Yeah, but now they're showing as popped, but untargetable. Which is awesome. >.>;

only person that I know personally that was able to get a feather was a Royale teammate of mine who had striders, crapton of powder boots and such and barely made it. I haven't seen him try after the update though

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They've definately changed something here; I haven't found any Luminants up either. I don't even know if holding onto crappy feathers helps anymore.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I've done this with about 10 sets of powder boots before. Got a fire feather. Gave me Enfire which did about 9 damage. I've never tried it since. Too much effort, and the only thing worthwhile getting is the regain feather which may as well be impossible without POS.

As for popped and untargetable... I haven't tried it again since the update, so I can't help you. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place since there are so many spawn points? I don't know if whatever program you are using shows the location too. =/

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    They've definately changed something here; I haven't found any Luminants up either. I don't even know if holding onto crappy feathers helps anymore.
    Not sure what you mean by that, did the lower feathers supposedly increase the time or something?
    Too much effort, and the only thing worthwhile getting is the regain feather which may as well be impossible without POS.
    I can't speak to how variable this is, but I'd say the change from Regain to Rebirth feather is typically about 30 seconds from touching the lumiant. Anyone who claims they did that one with "a bunch of powder boots" is a damn liar.

The lower ones I can believe, it took a long time for the stone to fade to these.

Quote Originally Posted by Dak Rey
    I've done this with about 10 sets of powder boots before. Got a fire feather. Gave me Enfire which did about 9 damage. I've never tried it since. Too much effort, and the only thing worthwhile getting is the regain feather which may as well be impossible without POS.

As for popped and untargetable... I haven't tried it again since the update, so I can't help you. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place since there are so many spawn points? I don't know if whatever program you are using shows the location too. =/
    Trust me.

I know where they always can pop. And in all the spots, but two of them, they're popped. And untargetable. So... yeah.

I was counting on these fucking things for my Maat fights, and now not being able to use them? Yeah, it sucks.

MrArgus them!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

There's always been about four points where they can be up. I've gotten them once or twice before, it's such a pain in the ass doing it legally. NIN/THF at night with an initial Mazurka was enough, depending on the position the Luminant was picked up at.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well in the order I recall, and the decay of the key item, it was like..

1st decay, shining brilliantly = regain (something like 40s into it.. basically impossible by itself without cheating, though pos not needed '-' another subject/debate entirely..)
    2nd decay, shining brightly = rebirth (RR3)
    3rd decay = revive (RR1)
    4th decay = blaze (blaze spikes)
    5th decay = fire (enfire)
    6th decay = bb key item

Getting up there before a complete decay entirely legit was possible, like a few have said, but ridiculously annoying. However, knowing how badass of a "free" (neglecting boots, hermes costs, whatever) med regain and rebirth are, it's probably justified.

Now there are 3 key item feathers too that I never entirely figured out. Mimeo Feather, and then the second and the third. Successfully getting up there before the 6th decay will net you your awesome enfire. However, holding onto the enfire (rare/ex) on another run before the 6th decay has a chance (100%? smaller one?) to get you Mimeo feather key item, I'd guess. Lowering decay rate by obtaining up to the third mimeo feather and/or holding rare/ex of the feathers you don't want and therefore getting the next feather in the line.. was supposedly the theory to a 100% "legit" regain feather.

As for Luminant locations, I'm pretty sure there are 5 spawns total.

Mimeo feathers were from that CoP mission where you had to climb the Tor

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not all 3?

Yes all 3

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How would you get all 3 exactly? I remember the NM out there, and a single climb up.

You just get 3 feathers, and due to the way key items work, they need to put it in 3 times to give 3 feathers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    only person that I know personally that was able to get a feather was a Royale teammate of mine who had striders, crapton of powder boots and such and barely made it. I haven't seen him try after the update though
    And tele hax. Unless there is a trick to make it last longer, it's impossible to get on top before the first thing wear off with powder boot or not. I've tried many time, and you will always get blocked by a black cloud, or luminant simply pop too far from entrance.

Being tractored and raised seem to be the only way to get there that fast (unless you lose it on the first tractor)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You lose it when doing that I think..

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server