I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What they've should of done with BST merits.

Instead of worthless, yes worthless, merits, they should of added a merit that allowed the user to pick what skill the pet would use during sic.

SE said that they never intended to have a solo job, BST was sposed to be a PT job apparently, but they havent done anything to inforce that idea aside from pets not taking away EXP in PTs.

Ive seen more PUPs get invites when BST can do better dmg than a PUP. So what makes people invite PUP over BST (sure PUP sucks, but they get more than BST).

If SE never wanted BST to be a solo job, then wtf are we sposed to be? They really need to do something that makes BST worthwhile in a PT. New jugpets would be a start, an ability to select which skill that pet would use is another good step, but I wonder if thats something others can get past. Is it too late to save BST? People dont like to invite them, and even if they do get better, would they get invites even though theyve had a bad past?

SE will never get DRG back on its feet, and BST is right next to it.

Thoughts?

Re: What they've should of done with BST merits.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Thoughts?

go war.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Banstick
    Thoughts?

go war.
    rofl

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thoughts?

go war.
    After I finish BST, I am, but there are BSTs who like BST and nothing else.

Because adding levels to jug pets is a worthless ability isnt it.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    if it caps at 75, yes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    if it caps at 75, yes.
    Some BST's I was with during my Soulfalyer Robe farming expedition said CC doesnt always pop as a lvl 75, it can vary.

Banned.

BG Level

Oh right, not useless, but not great. That merit seemed it was going to fix all of BST party problems.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Carrie caps at 75, but doesn't summon as a 75 pet unless you have something boosting it (like the merit)...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Having a JA stun is handy assuming it lands on HNM's.

You can laugh at DRg or SAM's useless-99%-of-the-time killer trait now that you have Killer Instinct.
    Assuming you know your monster chart. I cry everytime I meet a BST that doesnt.

Oh right, not useless, but not great. That merit seemed it was going to fix all of BST party problems.
    A) Merits dont fix party problems, because meriting is not most of the exping believe it or not.

B) Yes, increasing pet level does help a lot since the reason a lot of pets arent use is because they are too low level.

its not OMGBSTIMBANERFITNOW, but its useful stuff.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A) Merits dont fix party problems, because meriting is not most of the exping believe it or not.

B) Yes, increasing pet level does help a lot since the reason a lot of pets arent use is because they are too low level.

Unfortunately, anything that doesn't cap at 75 caps too low to be used at 75, even with full merits...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambir

Unfortunately, anything that doesn't cap at 75 caps too low to be used at 75, even with full merits...
    How much do the AF2 Hands add? And from the looks of the list of ffxicyclopedia, lvl 63 and 65 caps may be usable, especially after the merit cap is raised.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

For the uninformed or for people who watch BST and then think they know what BST is like :

CARRIE FUCKING SUCKS. How shall I explain it to you, hmmm. Ok, imagine you are looking for a DD, but you invite a sushi PLD who is using full AF1, and not using a shield, or any other job traits aside from hitting with a sword, oh also he has no subjob, no double attack no nother.

Carrie = Horse Shit. Other jugpets are amazing in comparison to him, but also fucking suck due to the level cap set on them. Funguar guestimated cap - 65. If we could stick 10 levels into the traits, we could get him +2 per level, or +12 levels, making him 77, also making him a godsend, but no, we can only merit 3 into that category, making it lvl 71 max, and uhh lvl71 mob vs VT-IT Mobs = roflgators.

My merits I would have added, because I have a fucking clue and SE dont :

"Remembrance" - Trait, once pet is released, it stays in a non agressive state and walks to the homepoint instead of dissapearing.

"Battle Buddy" - No exp loss from charmed monster, have this one on a 10-15 minute timer, people with AF2 can keep a charmed monster charmed for 30mins+ . The main reason BST fails in a burn, is because he'd need to constantly release pet to gain xp, and most mobs you get xp faster than the timers can refresh.

Keep the jugpet level ability, but alow it to go over 75, I dont see the problem here.

And not a merit, but just a fix : MAKE WORTHWHILE JUGPETS!!! The jugpet selection of now is a fucking joke, CoP jugpets = stupid ingredients for a pet that can only be HQ'd t2 if you are lvl104 cooking, otherwise t1, also it lasts for a whopping 15mins. Yay!

SE need people who play this game, and get in contact with them (not zam), to decide what the merit points are.

The terror JA would be way awesome if it a) Lasted longer than 3 seconds, and b) recast timer was shorter than the 15mins(10mins) it was, and c) If it was 100%. Yes, you can fail terror on mobs.

There's hardly any reason for a BST to pop a jugpet (true beastmasters, not "hi i am jugpet bst 2 75 lolzzzz wut is solo?") aside from emergency.

Most people who have the af2 gloves say it doesnt have any noticable effect on pet performance, and hence it can be assumed that they dont boost the level. If they do, it is only by 1 or at most 2 levels.

Full merits without af2 gloves (which most bst dont have, being a xarc af and bst not being overly desirable in dynamis), can only bring a 65 pet to 71 - totally worthless in any end game situation. If the gloves add 2 levels, the pet is still only 73, and while not totally worthless, a very big difference to 75. The difference between a 71 funguar and a 75 carrie means that bsts the world over will STILL be using carrie 99% of the time - ie the merits are close to worthless. You can get 1 merit to bring carrie up to 75 consistantly, and then there is no point going further. Carrie sucks arse, but its like getting a level 65 WAR to DD, or a 75 PLD in a tank setup to DD - they both suck arse.

Like Wafik said, I usually dont even CARRY jug pets, because they just suck arse. I use the occasional one to give me enough time to /logout, or I use one to mass murder shit 500 levels lower than me which carrie can 1 hit KO.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir
    Having a JA stun is handy assuming it lands on HNM's.

You can laugh at DRg or SAM's useless-99%-of-the-time killer trait now that you have Killer Instinct.
    Assuming you know your monster chart. I cry everytime I meet a BST that doesnt.
    It's not a JA stun, its a useless JA 1-3 second terror. Huge difference in use, ever sleep a mob midcast and have someone wake it up? It can still finish casting. Same with this shitty ability. BST will always be my favorite job, BST affinity is nice (should have been 3 lvls each merit since it caps at 75 anyways, would make a ton of jugs more viable). I fully expect the BST with full axe, crit, bst affinity/af2gloves merits to still be picked dead last for melees in any party cept a sympathy friend invite.

As far as the gloves are concerned, I don't think anyone can really notice the difference, there were some tests done but I can't find them. I'll be whoring out my bard for bst merits to see if 3 merits in BST affinity + gloves makes a noticable difference.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Most people who have the af2 gloves say it doesnt have any noticable effect on pet performance, and hence it can be assumed that they dont boost the level. If they do, it is only by 1 or at most 2 levels.

Full merits without af2 gloves (which most bst dont have, being a xarc af and bst not being overly desirable in dynamis), can only bring a 65 pet to 71 - totally worthless in any end game situation. If the gloves add 2 levels, the pet is still only 73, and while not totally worthless, a very big difference to 75. The difference between a 71 funguar and a 75 carrie means that bsts the world over will STILL be using carrie 99% of the time - ie the merits are close to worthless. You can get 1 merit to bring carrie up to 75 consistantly, and then there is no point going further. Carrie sucks arse, but its like getting a level 65 WAR to DD, or a 75 PLD in a tank setup to DD - they both suck arse.
    Carrie isnt 75, nor is it 70, I dont think it's even low 70's because it cant consistently hit deco weapons, which any 70 people, or lvl70 monsters can.

I have full BST af2, I hardly notice a difference on my enhanced call beast.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Carrie caps at 75, I only have 1 feral howl and 1 beast affinity upgrade so far though. I did a little parsing and can't tell any difference between CC before and after, while fungar familar is a fair bit better.

I don't think CC will pick up any more dmg with capped beast affinity, or the change is quite small from where carrie currently resides. Beast AF2 gloves seem to do very little, if nothing for beast cap though.

Beast AF2 gloves seem to be more of a placebo than anything else, but I can't test them since I've never seen them drop, lot of blm af2 hats, but never bst gloves... Hell I've done 923408340928048309 windy and never seen the hat drop...

Affinity merits are nice simply because you can take 63 and 65 cap pets and bring them up to 69 and 71. So a 71 cap funguar isn't all that bad, and is pretty cheap.

Still, if you want to PT, level war; otherwise your pissing away one of the greatest accomplishments in this game, solo'ing to 75. Your also missing out on a lot of the rewards and knowledge gained about the game by not solo'ing. It's slow and painful, but very rewarding.

Of course when you hit merit land no one cares and you go as whatever job is needed :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii

Carrie isnt 75, nor is it 70, I dont think it's even low 70's because it cant consistently hit deco weapons, which any 70 people, or lvl70 monsters can.

I have full BST af2, I hardly notice a difference on my enhanced call beast.
    Carrie is a piece of shit. How bout making nonhq jugpets uncapped and good? I farmed about 3 hours worth and paid 200kish for beastmen blood that I didn't farm for a stack of 104 T2 HQ cooking bullshit pets that lasted 15 mins. No other job has to pay/farm taht rediculous amount of stuff for mediocre damage (including you mr. ranger, lets see how you'd like it if the only arrows that were good were T2/T1 HQ from a 100+ synther).

/end runonsentence tirade here

I soloed a good chunk of my BST career. But it'd be nice to see some of that pay off in a party setting. Soloing for 3-4k is fun and all until you want that 30th merit and you've been at the same limited BST merit camps, you just want faster xp via a party.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thoughts?

go war.

that's what I did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast