+ Reply to Thread

Online Racing Games? MMOR?

Well... Lately I have had the mindset to play racing games... I have Wipeout Pure for my PSP which has been holding me back but I want to kick some other peoples asses... I know my next game for the DS is Mario Kart DS for sure! But I was wondering if there are any PC Online or MMORacing games out there... I have googled and it seems sega is making one for Japan and/or China... But other than that I have found nothing... Preferably free and good... Something with upgrades n stuff... Not like you have to buy a new car to upgrade... I remember playing Nido or w/e racing but thats drag racing... Not what I'm looking for... Any help here?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

For some reason your post was really hard to read. Maybe I'm really tired, but wow.

Anyway, to answer your question there is an MMORPG that pertains to racing. It's called Auto Assault.

Looks cool... To bad I don't want to buy it... Monthly fee? Also... I really want like racing like NFS or something... Also any others if you guys don't mind!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

One period has the same effect as three.

I don't know any other automobile-ish MMO's, but if you're looking for a straight up racing game, then Burnout is the way to go.

Motor City Online.

Had a like 18 month stint then folded due to lack of subscription.

The game went offline on 29 August 2003 so EA Games could focus on their current online game at the time, The Sims Online.

Gay! Sims online is stupid i heard... Mom played it and said its one big 3-d chatroom!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

There is one auto-related MMORPG that I know of.

http://www.autoassault.com/index.html

It doesn't seem to feature a very large community of players, and honestly I don't know of anybody who's playing it now. It's from NCSoft so likely it'll cater to the same people who like NCSoft-designed games (City of Heroes, Lineage, Guild Wars, etc.)

Personally I'd rather just play wireless racing games on a handheld console than deal with latency and greifing with something that requires squirrely control and precision reflexes like a racing game. Or hit up a proper arcade. Or best of all, hit up one of those deluxe "Go Kart" tracks that market themselves to adults (aka. Speed Zone).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMistSkeleton
    The game went offline on 29 August 2003 so EA Games could focus on their current online game at the time, The Sims Online.

Gay! Sims online is stupid i heard... Mom played it and said its one big 3-d chatroom!
    What else can you expect from a MMO which stem from a game about playing God?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Is'nt Test drive unlimited a mmor?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

live for speed

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I use to play TSO before I came to FFXI, It is relitivlty boring, all you do is make money and talk, there is nothing beyond that.

you build a house so people come and you make money to make a bigger house so more people come and you can make more money to make an even bigger house, thats the game.

Quote Originally Posted by senoska

I use to play TSO before I came to FFXI, It is relitivlty boring, all you do is make money and talk, there is nothing beyond that.

you build a house so people come and you make money to make a bigger house so more people come and you can make more money to make an even bigger house, thats the game.
    Sounds like all MMO's these days... You level up by fighting mobs... Mobs give you money and levels give you better stats which help you fight bigger mobs which give you more XP to get better stats and more money... Rinse and Repeat!

Groovebox

I did auto assault beta, worst fucking game I've ever played. The graphics suck and the controls are completely juvenile.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox
    I did auto assault beta, worst fucking game I've ever played. The graphics suck and the controls are completely juvenile.

i agree