Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Ring, and assault item discussion. OP Void

Did a .dat comparison on armor from the last patch to this one (I like to see if SE slipped any changes/nerfs in under the radar), and found that a LOT (perhaps all?) of armor pieces with element: lightning or element: wind resists were changed to read element: thunder or element: air respectively.

Any thoughts on whether this will be a functional change (perhaps those resists were not working at all previously?), or if it's just a code cleanup for consistencies sake by SE?

Edit: (Or maybe newer version of dat reader? Don't remember upgrading since the last patch, but my memory could just suck)

You must have gotten a newer version of POLUtils; the format there is changed occasionally.

The only change to items with this update was the announced name change, making the duplicate "Imperial Ring" to now be called Trooper's Ring.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cuer
    You must have gotten a newer version of POLUtils; the format there is changed occasionally.

The only change to items with this update was the announced name change, making the duplicate "Imperial Ring" to now be called Trooper's Ring.
    The Imperial Ring didn't appear to have changed though... still the same name.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Pretty sure there were 2 Khamsin. The assault one and the IS one.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Pretty sure there were 2 Khamsin. The assault one and the IS one.
    Yes, although I had never seen the original "Imperial Ring" obtained by ???ring in assault. Now Mysterytour has "greyed" it out on the website too. So who knows.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

So what is "Imperial Ring's" stats?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    After many hours searching, I found it: Imperial Ring

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    4% haste to in assault? That's great. Too bad 3/4 of them doesnt require fighting, and last 1/4 is so easy anyway.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    4% haste to in assault? That's great. Too bad 3/4 of them doesnt require fighting, and last 1/4 is so easy anyway.
    That ring, without latent, coulda been a bomb drop off of Hydra.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Just make it work in all expansion area or in every BC Assault item are such a waste

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just make it work in all expansion area or in every BC Assault item are such a waste
    The one new BC we have had to do for missions is actually in an Assault. Maybe they will do that for the rest. (Not holding my breath.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We found Storm Crackows (Lv.50 All Jobs, Assault: Movement Speed +12%) from a ??? Footwear from an assault last night. That, without latent, would have been a good hydra drop, too.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The ship is the 6th assault? I always thought people discovered with tele hack the new assault entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    We found Storm Crackows (Lv.50 All Jobs, Assault: Movement Speed +12%) from a ??? Footwear from an assault last night. That, without latent, would have been a good hydra drop, too.
    Well, 12% speed in assault isnt bad I guess. It's 34893 times more useful than 4% haste or any other DD bonus.

Storm loop or w/e earring I got a while ago werent bad either. 5 base attack at lv 50 make is awesome for level cap and the best DD earring for 13 level. +10 atk in assault itself is pointless tho.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The ship is the 6th assault? I always thought people discovered with tele hack the new assault entrance.

It's not really an assault, as there is no NPC for it in the Commissions Agency, but the Ashu Talif acts like an Assault by giving teleport image and "The order has been given to invade the Ashu Talif!" message... and it's a seperate zone too. the 6th assault NPC in the commissions agency is probably for Nyzul Isle, that's what you are thinking of.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb

It's not really an assault, as there is no NPC for it in the Commissions Agency, but the Ashu Talif acts like an Assault by giving teleport image and "The order has been given to invade the Ashu Talif!" message... and it's a seperate zone too. the 6th assault NPC in the commissions agency is probably for Nyzul Isle, that's what you are thinking of.
    I thought it was awesome how the BC was instanced so that multiple groups could go at the same time instead of everyone waiting for people to finish, and then spamming the entrance ftw. Add in a free warp to Nashmau and ToAU BCs = win!

Only part that sucked is you're thrust right into the fight and buffs are erased D:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    I thought it was awesome how the BC was instanced so that multiple groups could go at the same time instead of everyone waiting for people to finish, and then spamming the entrance ftw. Add in a free warp to Nashmau and ToAU BCs = win!

Only part that sucked is you're thrust right into the fight and buffs are erased D:
    *remember the horror of Sea pot BC*. There was like 40ppl, and everyone was taking 30minutes cause we sucked trying to figure a strats. It was fun to see other people battle tho

Other ToA BC arent instanced it seem. We were locked out of puk BC cause too many group were inside a few time.

They're instanced, but theres a maximum number of instances. They mentioned this when they first released assault

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Add in a free warp to Nashmau and ToAU BCs = win!
    I missed that comment first time. Free warp isn't always a good thing. If you have 7 ppl and want to help someone, you have to walk back all the way.

Their coin thing you have to get back when you help is also stupid.

Banned.

BG Level

I'm hoping that end-game area are pretty much all Assaults, making the gear you get from this pretty useful because you will be there every few days.............

if SE doesn't fuck up the rewards, again.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Add in a free warp to Nashmau and ToAU BCs = win!
    I missed that comment first time. Free warp isn't always a good thing. If you have 7 ppl and want to help someone, you have to walk back all the way.

Their coin thing you have to get back when you help is also stupid.
    I like this much better than say, ZM4 Tonberries where you'd have to run all the way around through the temple, back into rancor den, and light the torches just to do it again...

Or the promies (minus vzhal) where you'd have to walk another group all the way up just to repeat the BCs...

Its not like the coin NM is hard, and the walk to the BC is short and very easy to get though, so it's not that big of a deal.