The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The boat fight was really fun. Im enjoying these missions a ton. I see the assaults as the "bc fights" that usually come with missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Pretty sure you could get a pass to whitegate with subjob items.
    Crab Apron/Damsefly Worm/Skull/Bloody Robe/Dhalmel Saliva/Rabbit Tail
    Thats what I was forgetting

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    Pretty sure you could get a pass to whitegate with subjob items.
    Crab Apron/Damsefly Worm/Skull/Bloody Robe/Dhalmel Saliva/Rabbit Tail
    Thats what I was forgetting
    You can also get there by the tier 2 garrison items.

3-knot thing, silver engraving, jade cryptext :D

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I loved CoP, but the whole level cap notion so that low level players could experience the game... Man, I know level 75s who STILL can't beat the easy Promyvion fights, and S-E was expecting honest level 30s to beat it? Ish don't think so.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by ircgeek
    I loved CoP, but the whole level cap notion so that low level players could experience the game... Man, I know level 75s who STILL can't beat the easy Promyvion fights, and S-E was expecting honest level 30s to beat it? Ish don't think so.
    Perhaps they cant beat them becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Nah, can get away with cheap gear no accessory with melee. Only important thing is the weapon and nin sub. Only the tank need decent gear, but buying 200-300k of gear before the BC and selling it back for the same when you're done isn't that bad.

Just a thought,

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

CHOCOBO RAISING BETTER BE FUCKING AMAZING
    I hope so too, chocobo whistle to call your chocobo anywhere outside seems nice though, no more slowly getting to dynamis beac on foot! (well hope the chocobo can go out there...)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Promyvions really weren't all that random. If you really wanted to garuntee the win with no AE sleepcurse spam, just had to spend a while farming Anima. If you had Anima, those fights literally consisted of beating on a mob that couldn't do anything.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

back on topic: For the dress up mission thing Naja told me Errant Body was ok. So then I try to get into the Whitegate but can't So I run back to Naja and she tells me my outfit was fine before and why did I change it and blah blah

Then I realized I took off my mahatma slops. Apparently you have to wear pants to get into the Imperial Ward, WTF

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Actually, I think it’s more because most people were too lazy/proud to farm anima. I guess when you spend tons of exp./gil/time throwing yourself multiple times at the BC fights with no anima as opposed to beating it the first try WITH anima makes your Rajas Ring extra shinier or something at the end of the missions. I can’t confirm this, though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, I think it’s more because most people were too lazy/proud to farm anima. I guess when you spend tons of exp./gil/time throwing yourself multiple times at the BC fights with no anima as opposed to beating it the first try WITH anima makes your Rajas Ring extra shinier or something at the end of the missions. I can’t confirm this, though.
    We obviously need to propose some kind of study!

But in all serious, yeah, I guess you get more of a sense of accomplishment doing those missions without Anima. But when you just joined a pickup PT in Jeuno that consisted of a DRG30/WAR8 and more exciting young fellows, fuck pride, just get the damn Anima and get the hell out of that pickup asap.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Promyvions really weren't all that random. If you really wanted to garuntee the win with no AE sleepcurse spam, just had to spend a while farming Anima. If you had Anima, those fights literally consisted of beating on a mob that couldn't do anything.
    Its funny how the people complaining about these fights, will fight them 5 times in a row dying, waiting for 2 hours and bithing about xp loss. Yet if they invested the same amount of time farming animas, it would be a gauranteed win, without the xp loss or headaches.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Its funny how the people complaining about these fights, will fight them 5 times in a row dying, waiting for 2 hours and bithing about xp loss. Yet if they invested the same amount of time farming animas, it would be a gauranteed win, without the xp loss or headaches.
    Yes, but if you don’t use anima or other items, you unlock the ability to go through all the cutscenes with Prishe wearing a panda costume. Totally worth it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Is the NM pop place in Caedavra where you get the coin? Is this the same place where ppl that have already done the BC come back to go to get another coin to enter the BC again?

Also, where is the BC?

Thank you~

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by rhinegold
    Is the NM pop place in Caedavra where you get the coin? Is this the same place where ppl that have already done the BC come back to go to get another coin to enter the BC again?

Also, where is the BC?

Thank you~
    All of those questions, and more, have been already answered within this very same thread.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Also, where is the BC?

Thank you~
    Should be the place to get the coin again. Reach the BCNM by going to the Dvucca Island Staging Point. NW corner of Dvucca Island is a zone into the Reef. Follow the tunnel inside to the ships docks (this is the BC entrance).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Also, where is the BC?

Thank you~
    Should be the place to get the coin again. Reach the BCNM by going to the Dvucca Island Staging Point. NW corner of Dvucca Island is a zone into the Reef. Follow the tunnel inside to the ships docks (this is the BC entrance).
    Thank you!

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

For the clothing thing, errant body worked to get me past Naja, and the mew peti body (level 55 stuff) got me into the Whitegate.

I think the limitation to entering is to not look like a clone of every other player when trying to enter.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    For the clothing thing, errant body worked to get me past Naja, and the mew peti body (level 55 stuff) got me into the Whitegate.

I think the limitation to entering is to not look like a clone of every other player when trying to enter.
    Random question: Is the Imperial Whitegate a zone or just when you click the dooor theres a long c/s

I've seen pics of an "Imperial Palace" zone but...yea. Just curious.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shir
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn

Random question: Is the Imperial Whitegate a zone or just when you click the dooor theres a long c/s

I've seen pics of an "Imperial Palace" zone but...yea. Just curious.
    There's a loooong CS

Silly question- will a Rank 10 Aketon work? (the ones that give you +speed in your home town)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast