Thread: ToAU Missions (10-18)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lolspoilers?

Thanks to modelviewer, I see there is another NPC unaccounted for. Looking pretty much exactly like Aphmau, with equal hotness, another puppetmaster but with an orange/brown manteel set. Perhaps the one controlling (I forgot its name) the Valoredge automaton that hands over the Glory Crown. Get's me thinkin'...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I didn't get into the Imperial Whitegate with my patchwork PLD gear (Homan, AF2, Adaman, Wyrmal, Koenig). I swapped AF2 body with Adaman Body and was let in. I can guess that only your BP matters.

These missions fail. It took them three months to release this? While I'm sure many people still get light-headed thinking of the ridiculousness that CoP were... so far, these missions leave much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by loial
    These missions fail. It took them three months to release this? While I'm sure many people still get light-headed thinking of the ridiculousness that CoP were... so far, these missions leave much to be desired.
    I guess people won't be happy with new missions unless they cost 250k gil in meds and food, require a static of 6 people at level 75 with access to at least three seperate jobs, involve running a gauntlet of mobs in a level 60 zone that aggro true-sight with a guaranteed wipe as part of the strategy... and take a few false starts and wipes to complete.

'cause you know... I personally really liked the fact that I was able to beat the ToAU BCNM on day #2 without fear of wiping, or needing to work out a strategy beyond kiting the mobs around the stairs.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hauberk +1 got me in the door. I had been looking forward to switching outfits to find something she'd like, but she accepted my armor right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    It could be "non-Middle Lands" type of armor. Anything foreign?

I had to put on a scorpion harness and my shura haidate to get through. I wouldn't classify SH as "foreign".

Weird, I don't see how wearing something that is essentially football pads is more acceptable than wearing my federation aketon.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I did see her pose in full Adaman and Homam too.

I think for people who didn't do it you're almost better off talking to her with no body armor on, and then select each option in the menu one after the other so you get to see her pose with all the extra full armors on. Especially for people who play on PS2 only and don't have access to modelviewer, it's kinda fun. Plus since the missions are so short you might as well get the most out of all cutscenes.
    I liked these missions story and they added plenty of BCs with the new IM battles and the extra 10 new assaults.

Has anybody tried to enter more of the new Immortal guard restricted areas? I got the option in a few other places after finishing all new missions, but I didn't have silver coins with me. Are they a teleport system? That would be my guess...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elanassa
    I guess people won't be happy with new missions unless they cost 250k gil in meds and food, require a static of 6 people at level 75 with access to at least three seperate jobs, involve running a gauntlet of mobs in a level 60 zone that aggro true-sight with a guaranteed wipe as part of the strategy... and take a few false starts and wipes to complete.

'cause you know... I personally really liked the fact that I was able to beat the ToAU BCNM on day #2 without fear of wiping, or needing to work out a strategy beyond kiting the mobs around the stairs.
    I have an idea that will make people happy. For the next ToAU mission, you have to trade Naja a variety of medicines, you will then lose a random amount of XP from you and she tell you to talk to her again in a time frame from days to months. It will be just like CoP without all of the needless running around.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

I have an idea that will make people happy. For the next ToAU mission, you have to trade Naja a variety of medicines, you will then lose a random amount of XP from you and she tell you to talk to her again in a time frame from days to months. It will be just like CoP without all of the needless running around.
    Although I have to admit, I really liked the BCNM fights.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elanassa

Genius. Although Naja should lock you into a CS for an hour or two to compensate for time that we would have spent getting ready and making our way to a BC. Then we'd have the full CoP experience. And she also takes your 2hour away just for good measure.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    lolspoilers?

Thanks to modelviewer, I see there is another NPC unaccounted for. Looking pretty much exactly like Aphmau, with equal hotness, another puppetmaster but with an orange/brown manteel set. Perhaps the one controlling (I forgot its name) the Valoredge automaton that hands over the Glory Crown. Get's me thinkin'...
    I always got the feeling Aphmau is the automaton, not the Puppetmaster. Second NPC in DATs = new automaton? New "frame"?

Quote Originally Posted by ircgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    lolspoilers?

I always got the feeling Aphmau is the automaton, not the Puppetmaster.
    This notion alone is apt to spike the popularity of the PUP job amongst certain players ^_^

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Glory Crown doesn't have a "CanEquip" flag so we're probably never actually going to recieve it.

Random but eh, the more you know.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Just wanted to add, I could not get Najaa's approval with errant gear. I don't know how everyone esle did it, but I tried several times in full errant's(and swapping it here and there with other stuff) besides headgear with no luck. I borrowed a SH from somebody, and that worked fine, though.