+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

i think will ferrell should have been the joker

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion
    i think will ferrell should have been the joker
    are we gonna see it when it comes out?!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

He would look ok, But i don't think he has the personality to be The Joker I would of prefered Paul Bettany (Who was also in a Knight's Tale)

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Mark Hamill's Joker >> Jack Nicholson's Joker

Not that I hate Nicholson's portrayal, but Mark Hamill's is so much better it's not even close. I guess it helps that Hamill had Harley Quinn to play off of, whereas most of Nicholson's best stuff was monologues.

Groovebox

I always loved the first Batman movie until I saw Batman Begins, I just think begins was ten times better. Christopher Nolan > Tim Burton, fuck Edward Scissorhands and Nightmare before Christmas.

I'm not that big of a Ledger fan, but I don't think he's a shitty actor at all. With a director like Christopher Nolan, it's gonna be awesome. Sam Raimi wanted Larry David to play Vulture in a spider-man movie, of course Larry laughed at the idea >.>

Anyways, <3 Christopher Nolan ... and if anyone wants to see one of his kick ass movies coming out this fall, check out the trailer for The Prestige, that movie is gonna rock. http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchston ... estige/hd/

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Man, that movie looks like its gonna be good. I'm a real fan of Christian Bale after having seen batman and the machinist.

Groovebox

Oh yeah, David Bowie plays Nikola Tesla in The Prestige... can't go wrong there imo ;p Labrynth anyone?

I don't know about Heath being the Joker...I cringed when I read this. But being a huge fan of the original Batman in 1989, Batman Begins was an amazing rebirth for me. My only hope is Katie Holmes doesn't return.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I want Jack Nicholson ;;

Mark Hamill while does a great voice, I don't think ever wanted to do any action movies after his accident some 30 years ago, so I don't think he would have taken the role even if offered.

Let's just hope Ledger amazes us when the movie comes out.

And <3 Christian Bayo when I was young...*thinks of Newsies and Swing Kids* *swoons*

I reckon johnny depp could do joker pretty well... I mean after potc2 it seems to fit.

will ferrell should be both batman and robin too

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I actually have not seen Brokeback Mountain, and his been a while since I have seen A Knights Tale, so I googled him to remember what he looks like. I guess he has a good facial structure for the role, but I don't really remember his voice.

As a side note... Somehow I get a nude pic of him even though I have Moderate safe search on. Apparently Male genitals = moderately safe. Just in case you were thinking of doing the same thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    I like the batman the animated series joker, mark hammil really does a good voice
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Mark Hamill's Joker >> Jack Nicholson's Joker

Not that I hate Nicholson's portrayal, but Mark Hamill's is so much better it's not even close. I guess it helps that Hamill had Harley Quinn to play off of, whereas most of Nicholson's best stuff was monologues.
    This is the correct answer. I think that Mark Hamill actually read some of the books that the Joker was in, where as Jack Nicholson played the same character that he has played (in varying intensities) in every movie since One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

But anyway, I hope that they picked Heath Ledger because he read the role well, not because he is a current hot name.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The Keaton Batman movies are horribly overrated anyway. Just more nostalgia clouding judgment. Well I like the first, but the second was fucking awful. Batman Begins was entertaining and Bale made a much better Batman than the wimpy ass Michael Keaton. Jack Nicholson was just doing his "crazy" act with makeup on.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Bale is in my opinion the best man to play batman so far and I'm looking forward to seeing a second film.

i do wonder though how they will approach this one, seeing how a large part of the first was all about Bruce Waynes journey into becoming Batman (obviously, hence the name) and thats what I liked the most about it, showing a deeper side to the character besides some rich guy who flys around on rooftops. This one sounds more like it will have to be similar to all the other films, which although I like, just do not compare to Batman Begins.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Mandos
    Bale is in my opinion the best man to play batman so far and I'm looking forward to seeing a second film.

i do wonder though how they will approach this one, seeing how a large part of the first was all about Bruce Waynes journey into becoming Batman (obviously, hence the name) and thats what I liked the most about it, showing a deeper side to the character besides some rich guy who flys around on rooftops. This one sounds more like it will have to be similar to all the other films, which although I like, just do not compare to Batman Begins.
    Well, sometimes sequels are great, if not better. I liked Spiderman2 alot more than Spiderman. The first showed the backstory on Peter Parker, while the second was alot more action packed, with a story in between...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    But anyway, I hope that they picked Heath Ledger because he read the role well, not because he is a current hot name.
    I'm hoping this is true, as well. I have some hope for this simply because of their choice of a (largely) no name actor as Scarecrow in Batman Begins (who did a brilliant job, I might add). Had it been in the previous series of Keaton-Kilmer-Clooney, they likely would've picked some hot big-name actor to play the role, regardless of aptitude for it. I'd withhold judgment on the Heath Ledger selection, but I'm not thrilled with it. Then again, who would've ever thought Elijah Wood as Frodo was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    The Keaton Batman movies are horribly overrated anyway. Just more nostalgia clouding judgment. Well I like the first, but the second was fucking awful.
    The sole benefit of the third and fourth movies was to make the second one seembetter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Batman Begins was entertaining and Bale made a much better Batman than the wimpy ass Michael Keaton. Jack Nicholson was just doing his "crazy" act with makeup on.
    I always liked Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne, but no so much as Batman. Contrarily, I felt that Val Kilmer was a great Batman, but a shitty Bruce Wayne. And I just try to avoid admitting the Clooney movie ever existed.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

All I can this of is...... "Brokeback Bat Cave."

How can they cast Ledger as the joker following this? Doesn't make sense.

Keaton > Kilmer, Bale, Clooney. Kilmer and Clooney were just gay. Bale was ok....but he pushed it too far. His Bruce Wayne was way over acted, and all the emotional bullshit was crap. Keaton played it perfect imho. His Wayne was just a normal rich guy, and no one would have suspected he was Batman. As for Bale, how could you not suspect him.....it was fucking out in the open. Keaton's one-liner delivery was so much better as well.

I will admit.... Michael Caine played the best Albert. In fact, he was the only reason I didn't demand my money back.