Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Excavation Duty Broken?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I will confirm on the massive Absorb-TP on the brittle rocks...essentially a free weapon skill every recast...but are you sure on the self-skillchain? I did it as quickly as possible, but I thought the four-second casting time made the delay too long...

Am I the only person who thinks people that use .dat swapping and third party programs to beat assaults are pathetic and probably fail in real life?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Am I the only person who thinks people that use .dat swapping and third party programs to beat assaults are pathetic and probably fail in real life?
    What's with the trend of bringing everyone's RL into it? Maybe he was out all night partying and getting laid by many hot bitches so he didn't have time to do it right? HMMM???

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    What's with the trend of bringing everyone's RL into it? Maybe he was out all night partying and getting laid by many hot bitches so he didn't have time to do it right? HMMM???
    If I could do that on a nightly basis I sure as hell wouldn't be home playing video games

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The coffer .dat changes were originally made so people could differentiate between the chests in Limbus. Some fuckers are colorblind, or think that brown and blue are the same color.

It just happened to turn treasure coffers in dungeons bright red, and SE just happened to be stupid enough to use a different .dat for the correct chest in Assault.

I also change my UI and status icons .dats, I must be some kind of RL loser.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I .dat swapped my chests, and did it again immediately after the new patch came out. I prefer the way my models look for the Limbus chests, really makes them stand out from far away.

The fact that they worked to make Savage a run in the park was just an added perk.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ive always had my chests swapped to a Wyrm (now hydra) so I could see it from anywhere >.>

The only thing that always stumped me was how to cheat on the BCNM Treasures and Tribulations where there are 3 sized chests. But I dont think thats anything that could be 'hacked'.

I don't think a high enough percentage of the male population is color blind that you can't find a single person to go with you and open chests.

It really isn't that big of an issue.. but cheating on something so pointless just strikes me as odd.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Ive always had my chests swapped to a Wyrm (now hydra) so I could see it from anywhere >.>

The only thing that always stumped me was how to cheat on the BCNM Treasures and Tribulations where there are 3 sized chests. But I dont think thats anything that could be 'hacked'.

The right chest probably use the same id tag every run?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

TH1

Killed every Qiqirn in the zone we could

Not one mine.

............Explain prz. :/ In all seriousness, ya, I noticed we did more damage as Melee. the BLM we sent to solo a wall (this was day after patch day) only got it to 65% when we got kicked out as opposed to having it being dead for 5 minutes before the 30 min was up.

Thanks SE. Thanks. -_-. And I bet they made Lebros Supplies give 5k points total now too. Yea.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

You can't. All the chests used the same Mimic .dat (Tried this).

I think they changed Golden Salvage to do the same thing.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Shir
    TH1

Killed every Qiqirn in the zone we could

Not one mine.

............Explain prz. :/ In all seriousness, ya, I noticed we did more damage as Melee. the BLM we sent to solo a wall (this was day after patch day) only got it to 65% when we got kicked out as opposed to having it being dead for 5 minutes before the 30 min was up.

Thanks SE. Thanks. -_-. And I bet they made Lebros Supplies give 5k points total now too. Yea.
    Lebros 3 was 1000 point with 3 iirc, kinda hard if your melee arent pimped tho
    Lebros 4 is a joke with 3. No clue how many point but I think its around 1000
    Lebros 5 is also really easy to farm. Probably more than 1000 point and can be done with 3 (1490 with 5 on first time)

It wont really be hard to farm lebros, you just need to do a different mission.

Excavation Duty I believe gives 3300 points.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gafgarionn
    Excavation Duty I believe gives 3300 points.

It was 4000 points before the patch No clue now, but if you do it with more than 3, you get more points

netz

I can't find anything consistent about the number of points I get from this mission.

I remember getting 880 points from this doing it with 5 members, then 967 with armband (so the 10% bonus is unchanged), and then the points I earned dropped to 660 doing it with 6 and no armband. If I'm not completely insane, it means there isn't a specific point total / # of entrants into the assault.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Before patch, the rule was simple

+50% bonus on first run
    +10% bonus for arm brand
    Total point/ #players * bonus = point received

Lebros was 4000 points.

I'm not exactly sure now how it is, butI know they changed base amount for certain run (it was 2k,3k, or 4k only before patch, no clue now). Also, they are giving a bonus when you have more players. I'm not sure exactly how much, but it seem to be something close to +10% per players above 3

4 players in a 4000points mission would give 4400/4.

Don't take this as a fact, it's just a rough estimate for the post patch assault.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

FF11 Wiki has info on the new point totals and shows how points are calculated, though it may need some ironing out as more info is discovered. Instead of the assaults being split into 2/3/4k point tiers, they are now 3/3.3/3.6k points.

Trios still get the standard amount of points (such as 1.2k points per person in a 3.6k assault), but fortunately the penalty for larger groups was heavily decreased. This makes it much more viable for assault groups with more than 3 people to still obtain a reasonable amount of points and, in some cases, get points at double the rate than before the patch.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

Post-Adjustment: I recieved 1100 for trio and 990 for a group of 4, for Exca. Duty.

It still is entirely possible to trio this assault, however, typically I cleared with under 1 minute left after the adjustment. Before the update we cleared with usually 10 minutes or more.

If you are looking for "safe" lebros points, go with 2 melee, 2 mages, and you'll win with 5 minutes left easy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Speaking of broken Assault, I just tried PSC Mamool Ja Training Grounds (Imperial Agent Rescue) twice, and all 3 mamools we fought both times did not toss weapons before they were broken, AND every single Firespit hit us. I've trio'd this one 10's of times now but suddenly it seems like nothing works... anyone else find that problem?

- Shadida

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by Shadida
    Speaking of broken Assault, I just tried PSC Mamool Ja Training Grounds (Imperial Agent Rescue) twice, and all 3 mamools we fought both times did not toss weapons before they were broken, AND every single Firespit hit us. I've trio'd this one 10's of times now but suddenly it seems like nothing works... anyone else find that problem?

- Shadida
    SE encourages third-party programs.