Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Excavation Duty Broken?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shadida
    Speaking of broken Assault, I just tried PSC Mamool Ja Training Grounds (Imperial Agent Rescue) twice, and all 3 mamools we fought both times did not toss weapons before they were broken, AND every single Firespit hit us. I've trio'd this one 10's of times now but suddenly it seems like nothing works... anyone else find that problem?

- Shadida
    God dammit, I need a good Mamool Ja TG Assault to static in for Pln. Seraweels!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    God dammit, I need a good Mamool Ja TG Assault to static in for Pln. Seraweels!
    PFC Mamool (Preemptive Strike) is great; NIN, RDM, and a heavy DD is a guaranteed victory in ~20 minutes: 1000AP each. So much better than the randomness of the PSC agent rescue, where you *might* find the guy within the 30 minute timeframe, with a 1100AP reward for 3. I'd much rather have the more enjoyable guaranteed success of the PFC fight even with the 100AP lower reward.

13 Tough Mamools (BLU, NIN, WHM) which get shredded by pretty much everything (plenty of 1000+ Rampages & Jins). Heck, you could easily duo /NIN tank the mobs, just make sure to silence all the Mamools, since they're all casters. Making sure to stay on the upper ledges and pull the Mamools up there allows you to bypass the puks, which are simply annoyances and wastes of time (but really weak so it's not too bad if you do get aggro). Work your way around the top level: BLU (1) outside the entrance tunnel, BLU+WHM (2,3) to the south, west along the north wall to pull a NIN (4), south across the bridge to the middle plateau, WHM (5) to the south of the plateau, WHM+BLU (6,7) to the west, across the bridge to the west, BLU (8) up top to the south, NIN (9) to the north. Head west to avoid wandering Puks and drop down, moving up to the only ramp in the zone. NIN+WHM (10,11) near the ramp, head up east after they're dead, turn north for a solitary BLU (12), then drop down, heading east, then south around the middle plateau, dodging puks until you see a tunnel to the east (which leads to the Rune of Release). The final Mamool, a BLU (13) is just south of the tunnel, up top in the southeast corner.

Just a lil bit of helpful info.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    I think they changed Golden Salvage to do the same thing.
    curiosity made me confirm this tonight, cant do golden salvage the easy way, now its only the massive exp loss way

Sea Torques
    BG Level

One thing I learn from seeing Japan, is that they like their gambling..
    There's a pachinko every other block.
    I get the feeling that SE really likes to embrace this formula of "you might get lucky, but most times you will just lose, and come back for more", with things like imperial agent and and lebros done with mines (or many hNM drops for that matter), where you could do nothing wrong and still not win.

Anyways at least you have the option between different assaults, and you can level up without ever doing some, plus you can still do lebros psc with just a few more melee which is not all bad for people.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ok, this seems too good to be true, and it probably is:

FFXIWiki lists that Troll Fugitives, the SP LEbros mission, gives 1050 points with 6 people...

This obviously can't be right..right? Can anyone confirm/deny this before I get my hopes up?

Or does this mission just suck royally?