Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Excavation Duty Broken?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Excavation Duty Broken?

I can't imagine that this hasn't been discussed yet, but I haven't seen anything about it. Did they nerf Excavation Duty? I've never lost this Assault before, going WAR (me) BLM BLM. Tonight I did a run, and we would've lost if it hadn't been for a lucky Qiqirn mine drop (killed the Volcanist after the 4th wall for mine). We finished with about 30 seconds left. I was definately doing more melee damage than usual in this run (see attached e-peen ss), but either the walls had more HP or they were resisting the BLM's elemental enfeebs.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3470/1337yv6.png

Delila

I haven't done this assault since the "nerf," but now that you bring this up, I'll give it a try with 2 BLMs and a NIN and post the results after.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

This assault got adjusted.

Melee do more damage now, but the walls have more HP, so it's more melee friendly (before you needed a ton of melee to do what 1-2 blm could do with DoT).

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    This assault got adjusted.

Melee do more damage now, but the walls have more HP, so it's more melee friendly (before you needed a ton of melee to do what 1-2 blm could do with DoT).
    Do something Crazy...like take a Drg. Angon seems to work on the walls.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They also fixed Golden Salvage - the chests in Ilrusi Atoll. All of them are 'chests' now, LOL

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    They also fixed Golden Salvage - the chests in Ilrusi Atoll. All of them are 'chests' now, LOL
    Did that happen just today? Cuz I did that one last night using the usual Carbuncle method and it worked just fine.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Did that happen just today? Cuz I did that one last night using the usual Carbuncle method and it worked just fine.
    Thats not the method they fixed. The fake chests were all copies of the real chest .dat. Change the real chest .dat to a big red flag or something and voila.

Banned.

BG Level

I wonder if SE wanted players to use the mines and the bombs(the most interesting part I'd say), and maybe(god I hope) fixed them. However, even if they did, they should have said so, because I don't think anyone wants to test lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

A couple minor changes I noticed in other Assaults:

SP Periqia (Ryaaf): The chigoes no longer die 100% of the time to critical hits. Only /ja's and /ws's work 100% of the time. Crits seem to work sometimes, though.

SP Leujaoam (Professor): He has a lot less HP (maybe 2k as opposed to 5k), so you can't leave as many mobs on him at a time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Basically, they made hard mission harder and added 10 joke mission at lv 4 and 5. (all of them are pathetically easy)

What about point values, old assaults' new points vs. new assaults' points? The wiki page that Nynja directed me to months ago has a mix of new info and old info in the points area, and it seems like it's being updated by like 1 or 2 people only. Anyone seen a comprehensive list of the points for all the assaults featuring contributions by many people?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Thats not the method they fixed. The fake chests were all copies of the real chest .dat. Change the real chest .dat to a big red flag or something and voila.
    As in they made all of the chests the same or they turned one into a different .dat?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    SP Periqia (Ryaaf): The chigoes no longer die 100% of the time to critical hits. Only /ja's and /ws's work 100% of the time. Crits seem to work sometimes, though.
    Actually I had noticed a handful of times before the patch that critical hits wouldn't always kill them. Only happened a few times, and one annoying Chigoe took 3 criticals to kill.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Kudosai
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    As in they made all of the chests the same or they turned one into a different .dat?
    I'm assuming all of the chests use the same .dat now instead of two different .dats which were copies of one another.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avinor
    Actually I had noticed a handful of times before the patch that critical hits wouldn't always kill them. Only happened a few times, and one annoying Chigoe took 3 criticals to kill.
    Yea, it was always about a 50/50 shot a normal melee critical would kill a chigoe in that Assault zone. Sneak Attack seemed to work 100% of the time, though.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A couple minor changes I noticed in other Assaults:

Same for all chigoes, everywhere. Crits no longer do it 100%

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Also, I've noticed that you can Absorb-TP from the Brittle Rock in Lebros. Makes a Guillo-spam DRK more useful on this one now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol... im glad i got my pln. body from that assault before they fixed the .dats

a friend of mine last night went to do ilrusi atoll , and said all the chests were tiamats (was the .dat i changed for my chests which i told him to use) -- a few minutes after entering he was asking me for raises lol

i thought it was maybe cause the update moved around some .dat files, but guess it seems they just use the same .dat for the mimics and real chest.....

oh well.. its still easy with /smn ..... just gotta do more work

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I tried using the .dat switch trick on SW Apollyon and all the chests were brown. What would happen was, if it were a real chest, was the brown exterior would disappear and the red/blue/green chests I had swapped in would appear under that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    Also, I've noticed that you can Absorb-TP from the Brittle Rock in Lebros. Makes a Guillo-spam DRK more useful on this one now.
    This worked since before the August 1st update- did an ED run with a group and the DRK was having the time of his life, since rocks don't use TP (duh). He could actually selfchain on the wall without too much trouble.

I don't know what the defense is on those walls, but I was getting skillups smacking it with a 180 skill in sword, too. Was doing more damage Hasted with my sword as an RDM than pelting the thing with spells (DoT's notwithstanding).