+ Reply to Thread
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Bleach - The Live Action Rock Musical

I admit I like the manga, but don't care much for the anime.

Still, saw this tv spot today and had to share.

http://pierrot.jp/title/bleach/rmb/

Click the red 'new' link up top to see them in costume. They did an exceptional job on the casting/makeup so they look surprisingly good given that the artwork in Bleach is so heavily stylized in the first place.

Nevertheless it is a rock musical. Not quite lining up for this one. Japan really is weird sometimes.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hmm? Episode 1-57 are exactly like the manga >_> How can you like one and not care about the other?

Anyway, that kind of thing look awkward. I dont think I could sit through the show.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Hmm? Episode 1-57 are exactly like the manga >_> How can you like one and not care about the other?

Anyway, that kind of thing look awkward. I dont think I could sit through the show.
    I can't imagine anybody over the age of 15 being able to sit though that show, but I guess that's the point.

As for the anime thing, I spend a fraction the time reading the manga and getting the same enjoyment I would out of watching hours and hours and hours of middling animation. Hence manga good, anime, meh.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Correction

As for the anime thing, I spend a fraction the time reading the manga and getting the same enjoyment I would out of watching hours and hours and hours of middling animation. Hence manga good, anime, meh.
    Do you read watch the movie adaptions of books because its less time spent? It's a pretty silly argument. I liked the anime, its just 20 mins a week (but I havnt watched the filler arc).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

19 hours (57ep x 20min) worth of anime vs 7-8 hours worth of reading.

Same enjoyment? To some extent yes, but it can't be compared like that. Color, soundtrack and better fight do add something to the value. Scene that are suposed to be emotional were done a lot better in the anime too, since 1-2 manga frame doesnt always give justice to what it's suposed to be.

Anyway, you're a retard for saying that people who can stand the anime are kid. If it's true, than it's true for the manga as well. It's not like reading the manga of bleach make you more mature if that's what you think

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Anyway, you're a retard for saying that people who can stand the anime are kid.
    It's time for everyone's favorite Internet game, CONTEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Correction

Anyway, that kind of thing look awkward. I dont think I could sit through the show which is to say, the rock opera composed using live actors.
    I can't imagine anybody over the age of 15 being able to sit though that show, by which I mean "that rock opera" I discussed in the very first post and very title of the thread and not the show on tv right now, but I guess that's the point.

This has been another episode of "Context." Tune in next week, kids.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My bad, but the way you replied to the 2nd point first made it sound like you were replying to the first point.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well I prefer manga over anime but that's just me. As for animes like bleach it's true the actions looks better and sometimes the manga doesn't have enough time to fully express the emotional scenes. Though, animes like to drag on fights scenes and they like to go overboard with the emotional scenes. TBH, I rather a chapter of a fight scene and continue with the story. Not 1-2 episodes of them standing around with flashbacks and getting ready with another episode of them actually fighting. Naruto, not as bad as DBZ though, is really big on this. Bleach isn't so bad.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Bleach doesnt drag fight that much compared to other anime. The manga itself is mostly fight, so it's normal the anime will have as many