+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: americans are stupid     submit to reddit submit to twitter

americans are stupid

im sure editing certain parts made this worse than it really is, but god damn, we need a better education system in the states.

http://break.com/index/quiz_on_world_affairs.html

LOL @ the KFC part

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

The two that made me LOL

"The leader of Al-Qaeda is Yasser Arafat"

and

"What is the religion of Israel? ...Muslim?"

MUSLIM IS NOT EVEN THE NAME OF THE RELIGION!

Anyway, there are a lot more videos like this. Sometimes you want to believe they are faked, for example the guy not knowing which state KFC originated in, but if it is geniuine, then it's really sad.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I am not surprised in the least. In this country we have parents who let TV raise their children then blame their child's problems on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    I am not surprised in the least. In this country we have parents who let TV raise their children then blame their child's problems on TV.
    Lol, sadly it's the truth.

The KFC part was hilariously awesome, lol. But I still wonder how many people they had to interview to find those stupid people... I don't understand how somebody could possibly be that stupid.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Meh, TV and Internet arent that bad to learn stuff. You actually learn more than when you hang outside.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

Meh, TV and Internet arent that bad to learn stuff. You actually learn more than when you hang outside.
    It depends.

for most cases doing something and witnessing something firsthand is a lot more beneficial than seeing it on TV.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I found that to be absolutely hilarious...but at the same time I didn't know the answers to several of the questions myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

It depends.

for most cases doing something and witnessing something firsthand is a lot more beneficial than seeing it on TV.
    QFT. You may have alot of firsthand experience Kaylia, and in turn be able to realize the difference between the two, and learn from both, but when you're literally being raised by TV etc, and become desensitized to alot of things, your sense of reality becomes distorted.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LOL, We fail

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

The KFC one is a common trick question. Go up to anyone and ask them who's burried in Grant's tomb, and most people will take a while to figure it out if they haven't heard it before.

These videos get more depressing every time I see them, I just wish I could dilude myself into believing that only a very tiny portion of the population is represented here and that the people who got the questions right are just edited out.

My source of news is listening to the 5 minute top-of-the-hour BBC updates on the radio and The Daily Show yet I knew the answer to every question. But now that I think about it, that's the best way to get news. If it wasn't for the BBC, I would have absolutely no idea about the crisis in Sudan that gets absolutely 0 press in america and even less attention from the president/congress. That's just one example.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Reminds of beavis and butthead when they are taken into the police station for jumping the border. The officer goes what's the capitol of (some state in the midwest)?
    Beavis and Butthead: err I dunno... heh heh
    Officer 1: That's it you are going to back of the border
    Officer 2: Wait real american really don't know the capitol of (some state in the mid west)

I've said it a hundred times

I love America
    I hate Americans

You actually think if they did this in any other country and edited out the correct answers the results would be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    You actually think if they did this in any other country and edited out the correct answers the results would be any different?
    probably not, but i know some people personally who would answer the questions the same way. i know stupidity is an epidemic that plagues the world, still this was funny i thought.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

No way people are really this dumb. It has to be fake, and its definately editted to get the stupidest people possible. No way the majority of Americans are this stupid.

FUCK THIS I'M MOVING TO SWEDEN.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Palin
    No way people are really this dumb. It has to be fake, and its definately editted to get the stupidest people possible. No way the majority of Americans are this stupid.

FUCK THIS I'M MOVING TO SWEDEN.
    Can I come? I miss the Swedes so much

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Axis of evil? I know Germany is one.

First man on the moon- a russian.

A mosque - an animal.

How many world wars have there been - 3

Star wars is based on a true story? - true

How Many Eiffel Towers in paris - about ten

Where was the Berlin wall? - blank

It's funny as hell, but yea you go ask 1000 people those kind of questions and you will find people this stupid in any country, just I guess americans have a bigger stereotype for it.

How many world wars have there been - 3
    I don't believe that one. Either it's fake or the guy was literally retarded. [/quote]

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hilarious, but I wouldn't go to Venice Beach to find America's best.