+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jailer of Faith question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jailer of Faith question

My LS has been getting a handful of people through 8-3 recently while been killing euvhi for those of us who have been in sea a while. We've gotten a number of HQ Euvhi organs (more than NQ), and the monks in the LS are start to (understandably) push for a Jailer of Faith fight.

I've found a lot of information on HOW to pop it, WHERE to pop it, but very little information on the fight proper. It casts magic and is susceptible to Gravity, apparently, but I'm looking for a few more bits of info.

The best thread on BG regarding this topic seemed to be here:

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... h&start=15

...but it does not answer a lot of my questions.

Number of people recommended to kill? Full alliance or can two parties (our "standard" sea attendance) take it out? Obviously, this depends on the skill of the players to a large extent, but some guidance here would be helpful.

Does Silence work? (I would assume not, but have to ask).

What sort of AoE and status attacks does it have? I would think similar to standard euvhis (AoE sleep, poison, etc.) but who knows?

I've seen contradicting info about melee resistance vs. magic resistance. It doesn't appear to be as clear cut as Jailer of Fortitude.

Approximate length of fight? Can we do 12 in a night with a standard strategy or are we looking at a longer stretch?

Drop rate on torque? Is it similar to the Ix'Aerns that either a pop item or a cape seems to drop, or is this independent of such things?

Thanks in advance.

Xaru

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/Jailer_of_Faith

^ some pretty decent info at the wiki

I suggest 12+ people for your 1st time. Its not that hard but is DEADLY. After some experience its easy to do with 1 well made party.
    I've never seen it silenced and can 1shot almost anybody with quake 2.
    Pretty weak to melee and magic, however melee dont have the luxury of being close enough to 'out of range' to be able to run out of range on a stonega or quake.
    12 in a night...depends how long 'a night is.'

??? is up for 30 minutes, then depops and respawns somewhere else for 30 minutes.

After Faith dies, the ??? repops after 15 minutes.

It uses standard TP attacks, and also casts Quake II, Stonega IV, Stone V, Slowga, and Breakga.

Bring several WHMs who stay outside the alliance to use Stona.

It doesn't have any resistances, but because it is kited and likes to spam Breakga, melees end up being mostly useless. Bring as many RNG and BLM as you can.

You don't need a whole lot of people to win. 2 Kiters, 1-2 RDMs, the rest should be WHMs or Damage.

The drop rates suck. I really can't say any more than that.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Good luck if you make 12 kill in a night. Expect 45 minutes per kill.

JoF isn't hard, you can do it with 12 ppl easily, probably as little as 5-6 too. Just kite it in the room next to where its pop, be careful with breakga/stonaga and try not to be slept. Melee and mage do fine, but it has annoying and strong tp move. Could always ask your melee to kite it again once they start taking dmg.

Silence does not work, stun does not work, dont think slow work. Grav works for sure, and its the only thing you need.

Drop rate: 50% on virtue I think (used to be like 20% but they upped everything). Torque is really random depending of your ls but we got many recently , so maybe they upped it too. Weapon is 100% drop rate.

To pop it, have everyone camp in the entrance of the garden and send one people in every tower. After the "???" move, and every rush in the right tower, wipe on the way, raise, cry, get lost and disband. If your alliance get there in time, pop it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

??? is up for 30 minutes, then depops and respawns somewhere else for 30 minutes.
    It's 30 minutes now? I'm out of the loop.

Need to bring back "old school" sea where everything was harder and dropped even less.

Kite it around the square room that it pops in. We normally do this with 6-12 people. 1 WHM is fine, just have them make a macro to /pcmd leave as soon as they see it casting Breakga. This seems to work well for us.

As far as damage goes, just BLM and RNG.. same as everything else in this game that is kited.

Edit: You cannot silence it, or stun it (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

Need to bring back "old school" where everything was harder and dropped even less.
    Quoted for somebody wanting sea to have worse drop rates.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

Need to bring back "old school" where everything was harder and dropped even less.

I just want people to suffer just like we did the first month. Only one gate in the palace, everything was moving faster, drop rate was a fraction of what it is today, and we had less merit/gears. Good time.

Maybe I was getting unlucky but when we killed it my chi was getting resisted alot. I don't know how many linkshells actually use monks for chi but whatever

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'd actually disagree about the melees. It stops to cast often, and the more melees you have WS'ing on it, the more likely it is to be interrupted. Our fastest and cleanest faiths have bene the ones where we had the most melees on it, heh.

Here's Seashell's observed drop rate:

Jailer of Faith: 37
    Faith Baghnakhs: 37
    Third Virtue: 21
    Faith Torque: 7

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just want people to suffer just like we did the first month. Only one gate in the palace, everything was moving faster, drop rate was a fraction of what it is today, and we had less merit/gears. Good time.
    Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways going to Ru'hmet each day, during the snow with no shoes, and the ground was made of broken glass.

Vobent

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways going to Ru'hmet each day, during the snow with no shoes, and the ground was made of broken glass.
    With an errupting volcanoe?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks for all the helpful responses. This should help out a ton.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just keep it gravitied and have a PLD with Wlegs and full enmity gear outrun all the spells it casts, it's not too hard, can be done with 0 deaths if your paladin is good.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The worst part was that in addition to the ??? being up for only 15min at a time and having a repop of 10min, the MPK patch didn't exist yet. It was useless to start moving when you first spotted the ???; you'd have to watch when it depopped, start timing, then start moving your alliance (full of AFK people waiting in the lobby) to the right tower. People would take the overpasses, aggro pots and ghrahs, or run too close to the euvhis on the way there, of course. The mobs that the alliance would inevitably train to the elevator would then wander back home, killing whoever didn't make it upstairs with the first group.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    The worst part was that in addition to the ??? being up for only 15min at a time and having a repop of 10min, the MPK patch didn't exist yet. It was useless to start moving when you first spotted the ???; you'd have to watch when it depopped, start timing, then start moving your alliance (full of AFK people waiting in the lobby) to the right tower. People would take the overpasses, aggro pots and ghrahs, or run too close to the euvhis on the way there, of course. The mobs that the alliance would inevitably train to the elevator would then wander back home, killing whoever didn't make it upstairs with the first group.

That's why i miss mpk patch too. I loved those chaotic situation where people were dying everywere. The 15 minutes was really short for this one. I remember many time where we popped it with half of the alliance dead/weakened

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

melees are fine on it. whoever has hate should be kiting, everyone else, pound on it, its not too hard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim

After Faith dies, the ??? repops after 15 minutes.

It uses standard TP attacks, and also casts Quake II, Stonega IV, Stone V, Slowga, and Breakga.

Bring several WHMs who stay outside the alliance to use Stona.

It doesn't have any resistances, but because it is kited and likes to spam Breakga, melees end up being mostly useless. Bring as many RNG and BLM as you can.

You don't need a whole lot of people to win. 2 Kiters, 1-2 RDMs, the rest should be WHMs or Damage.

The drop rates suck. I really can't say any more than that.
    I'm almost positive the instant a WHM heals outside the alliance the mob considers them in the alliance and AoE will hit them.

E. Body
    BG Level

You could just use a competent WHM who stays behind the mob and doesnt get stoned.