Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

bah! saw that Lunarians victory was posted here after the fact of me posting a separate thread about it, oh well. Congrats again! Bismarck actually deserves their own thread about Lunarians victory anyway =)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    SEE? I TOLD YOU IT WAS THE LS COOPERATION >O

Ok maybe not.
    Its funny you say that, we were even thinking of having people in our LS change pearls to our Dynamis raid pearl the next time we had the chance to fight AV.

I always kinda thought once you get him past a certian HP % he would stop 2 houring, kinda like a reverse rage, instead of going crazy at 20 or 10%, he starts out crazy and once you beat him down a bit he clams down.

Congrats, really happy there is another victory against this thing, and hopefully a more clear picture of what looks to be the legit way to kill AV.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Archeons
    Grats on the win Good to see that it can be done with fewer people
    How many people in total were involved?

Edit: mistake on GKT

Archeons,
    Millennium LS
    We had about 25-30 Luna members present throughout. I didn't really count but I think 10 or so ArchDominus members came to help with AV.

Its funny you say that, we were even thinking of having people in our LS change pearls to our Dynamis raid pearl the next time we had the chance to fight AV.

I always kinda thought once you get him past a certian HP % he would stop 2 houring, kinda like a reverse rage, instead of going crazy at 20 or 10%, he starts out crazy and once you beat him down a bit he clams down.

Congrats, really happy there is another victory against this thing, and hopefully a more clear picture of what looks to be the legit way to kill AV.
    Well on Caitsith 95% was also the case.
    We will try once we get one more JoL pop, we always go with 2 pop for a chance to pop AV. The more AV encounter we have, the more we can be prepared.

We had about 25-30 Luna members present throughout. I didn't really count but I think 10 or so ArchDominus members came to help with AV.
    Glad to hear it can be done with fewer people, our LS hardly reach 30+ for Sea Events.

Thanks for the info and the reply.

Archeons,
    Millennium LS

Syden

AD brung out about 15-20 members, but only DRK's and BLM's were useful during the whole thing. Lot's of people out there as back-ups and level 1 jobs just in case anything odd happened.

Congrats, Lunarians!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well on Caitsith 95% was also the case.
    We will try once we get one more JoL pop, we always go with 2 pop for a chance to pop AV. The more AV encounter we have, the more we can be prepared.
    I agree its nice to see a pattern forming, that doesnt including something that seems like an exploit. IRON has only had 2 AV pops, 1st one we let depop, the second, we lost too much ground trying to seal 2 hours with jailer weapons. It really looks like the key is damage.

I believe a quote from a DEV Team asshole was something on the lines of "finding a way to weaken the body was key" I dont have the exact translation, but this seems to be it, damage it down to below 95 and it looses its rage.

All I know is, I am happy we are seeing a pattern that makes sense, cause after looking almost 10k buffer on my PLD with the 1st try with AV, I know I am too happy to keep fighting something that seems pointless. At least now it looks like we might have it. I hope at least.[/quote]

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After it stopped using 2hrs, did it stop using TP moves and magic as well?

Edit: Nvm about the magic, overlooked a post

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Magic, TP, JAs stopped. Nothing but melee hits.

Also, before 95% Aegis never proc'd once (those with experience with it know how bizarre that is), and it spammed the hell out of 2hrs, magic, TP moves. After that 95%/94% breach though, it was another story.

Regen decreases noticeably once it hits that mark, it starts to hit weaker, and it's rape mode shuts off.

We killed ~9 wynav sets simultaneously (timed ga3) and nothing happened at all, except he actually started re-calling the wyverns a little faster after each set was killed.

We're pretty sure damage/HP to ~95% is the true secret to AV. Millennium reported the same thing (95%=switch) if I read correctly... we can't think of anything else it could be. Maybe a random chance killing the sets of wynavs switches AV's mode, but that seems pretty doubtful to me. We thought maybe killing wynavs made it unable to repeat 2hrs, but after damn near a dozen wynav sets killed, it really had absolutely no effect at all. It still spammed Hundred Fists, Chainspell, Aeroga4, etc etc

Old Merits
    BG Level

Perhaps the more wynavs you kill, the higher the % where it stops going berserk is. With a base of 50% [when it will Invincible->Benedict->Mijin, according to the first few fights against AV] and each wyvern that is killed raises it by about 2%-3%. Or has a chance to raise it.

Everybody has been focused on killing lots of wynavs first, and recently it has become calm at about 95%, which could be it's cap.

This would prevent it from being totally Zerg rushed down to 95% after it's spawn, force some kiting and killing wyverns.

Mostly speculation, of course.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Re: AV up on Fairy... and its not doing anything =x

Sorry for bumping this up again. I have a question for LS Eden. Quoting the original post:

Quote Originally Posted by safer
    i was able to sucessfully get him locked on me while i was in CS... he tried using manafont and hundred fists lol..

anyways.. we killed the wyverns and now apparently he's not doing any attacks except for melee hits

stuck at 98%-99% .... gonna try 4 drks with krakens now + 2hour on him to see if we can get him below 95%
    In this case, AV lost its abilities before you used Kraken Drks. My question is did you guys ever get AV down to 95% (even if it's for a split second) before it stopped using abilities?

Also, after you finally managed to get him to 95% using Kraken Drks, how long did it take you to kill him from 95% to 0%?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

He had stopped using all those abilities after the wynavs were gone and we were fighting him straight up. He was hovering around 98% for quite a while since we were first trying the standard SC > MB method of damaging him, but it was really falling short. We tried one Kclub drk, noticed it took of a couple %, then started throwing 4 at a time on him.

I'm not sure how long it took to bring him down after the 95% mark, but the entire actual fight was like 90 minutes on the dot.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So this blows away the theory of needing to get AV to 95% before he stops using 2hrs.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyna
    So this blows away the theory of needing to get AV to 95% before he stops using 2hrs.
    Not really. Right now, I'm thinking that he can't use 2hours/magic for a predetermined time after losing wynavs, and then its completely gone under 95%

Xavier

This 95% information would've been useful a few weeks ago =(

We got AV to pop, put two drk/nin w/ kraken on him, got him to 97% and proceeded to get 1 shotted. Probably would've tried a bit harder for the last 2% rofl.