Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Vuitton

Qiqirin Enterprisers & Archaeologists (RNG)

Has any noticed how wonderful and also obnoxious the Qiqirin Enterprisers & Archaeologists can be? They're good mobs to solo as a BLM 68-72 because they always used ranged attacks and won't interrupt casting. However, I've noticed quite a few quirks about them.

They're either usually alone or in a pair. If in a pair they wander around the same path line but not always "together", just in close proximity.

They'll always used ranged attack from their "sweet spot" which is usually as far away as they can get from you. They'll melee only if you stand right next to them and even then they'll usually run away so they can use their bows. This can be troublesome because they might run into links.

If you happen to fight one that shares the same path with another, but happen to have pulled it away to a safe place to fight. At random HP intervals it'll stop whats it doing and run to its pathline and run the extent of the path and even sometimes run to another pathline in hopes of finding help. I had one Qiqirin Archaeologist run across half the map, find help from another Qiqirin, deaggro itself and start healing from 40% HP, meanwhile I had to deal with a brand new Qiqirin.

If it can't find any help it'll just randomly run between 2 points hoping for a respawn. This can get annoying because everytime it stops you can only get one nuke off before it runs back to whatever his original start point was.

Anyway, I just though I'd share the weird AI of one of the new mobs I've been playing around with. =] Hope some of you find it useful.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I've noticed them usualy running very.. far away eventually to where you actually need to maybe chase them or they lose hate and depop w

the other quirin drop mas smines chasing them.. and they jsut wonder off, stare at you.. run away.. lose aggro and depop -_-

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

They must be French.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    They must be French.
    Win.

Qiqrin are fun mobs. The Qiqrin Treasure Hunter in Arrapago Reef runs away at flee speed dropping mines when he gets around half health. SE really did a good job adding fun quirks to these monsters.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whats wrong? Thats what they are supposed to do.

They link and get healed and stuff on purpose.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Re: Qiqirin Enterprisers & Archaeologists (RNG)

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton
    Has any noticed how wonderful and also obnoxious the Qiqirin Enterprisers & Archaeologists can be? They're good mobs to solo as a BLM 68-72 because they always used ranged attacks and won't interrupt casting
    give me camps and stuff (*'-') LFP is annoying and everything Zalius has given me to solo has been a bomb@69~

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Odd thing I noticed about Qiqirns while trying to pop the Qiqirn NM. We had just started killed an Archaeologist (RNG) when it ran and linked with a Mosstrooper (THF). My group broke off and went for the THF while I continued to solo the RNG with ranged attacks at range. When my group broke and chased the THF to wherever it went the RNG went yellow (this was about 90%) and stayed yellow all the way from that point til death. Is this a bug? I know I'll be real pissed if I'm fighting the NM or something and it links and the NM goes yellow for the entire rest of the fight leaving a possiblity for anyone to just run up and claim even though I'm killing it.

Also, sometimes when I'm soloing the RNGs they don't run away to link and just stand there shooting back the whole time (majority of the time), but sometimes even though I don't approach them or do anything different they will just run off and link THFs and proceed to rape the crap out of me. Could make them pretty unreliable to solo (does for a RNG anyway).

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

Vuitton wrote:
    Has any noticed how wonderful and also obnoxious the Qiqirin Enterprisers & Archaeologists can be? They're good mobs to solo as a BLM 68-72 because they always used ranged attacks and won't interrupt casting

give me camps and stuff (*'-') LFP is annoying and everything Zalius has given me to solo has been a bomb@69~
    From BLM60~66ish I solo'd and duo'd the Qiqirn RNG type @ the I-10 entrance from Wajaom Woodlands. There are 2 near the entrance, then there's an intersection with another near it, and if you turn down, there's 2 more (the furthest one is a bit close to some slime type mobs.)

From BLM67~71 did the same thing at the E-9 entrance from Wajaom Woodlands > Aydeewa. Again, two near the entrance, then sneak, run by two slimes, and there is 1 more near a ledge (which can link with another Qiqirn RNG type below the ledge) and continue along the only path and you'll find I think 3-4 more, then just start over again.

They don't move from their "sweet spot" and won't hit with anything but Ranged Attacks unless you stand right next to them, have horrible r.acc (not rare to miss like 4/10 shots) and shoot fairly slow. They rarely ever get off a WS, the two they have are a blinding attack, and Faze, really short terror affect, that doesn't do anything if you're not facing them.

I find they won't ever run till you've done at least a good 60% damage to them, always ran away when they were 1-2 nukes away from death. Never had any real trouble sleeping them as needed (Maybe 2-3 resists on Sleep and like none on Sleep II), but I also have +enf. skill merits from RDM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The quirins in the blu quest room should be good targets - just non aggroing slugs running around- also some worms in a coupld of the tunnels around the room.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Whats wrong? Thats what they are supposed to do.

They link and get healed and stuff on purpose.
    I didn't say it was a bug or something wrong with the mob. Just wanted to point out the curious new AI of a mob that will run FAR away and send a friend back to deal with you while they stay behind and heal to full and deaggro themselves.

They're playing tagteam with me!

I don't know of any other mobs in FFXI that will actually seek out reinforcements or even try and run away at low HP to heal itself. Some mobs do cast Cures or Regens on themselves, but do any actually abuse the game mechanics of distance and claiming to defend themselves?

Anyway, it sounds kind of bad in writing but its more hilarious and quirky in-game when you're actually EXP'ing. When I have to chase down a Qiqirin at 15% HP back and forth down the same tunnels 4 times because it just won't stop moving I just have to laugh.

They always screw up my Chain #4!

They did some fun (and scary) things with the AI this time with ToAU.

Run-and-gun beastmen, Apkallu that'll jump healers rather than tanks (the dodo is smarter than most monsters, go figure), etc...