Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Graphics glitch?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    I never knew so many people played FFXI with antiquated graphics cards.
    I never knew FFXI used any capabilities built into graphics cards since 2002

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

All kidding aside, every graphics problem I've encountered has been resolved by going to an older graphics driver...no joke at all. Everytime there's an update and something gets broke I dig deeper into the archives of whatever manufacturer's website and keep trying junk.

Eventually I'll have to write my own oldschool driver

10 Darter = 0
    20 PRINT '/ja "Provoke" Fafnir'
    30 GOTO 10
    40 REM lolsash

I get ganked by the "fireworks to infinity" and vanishing Datwhatever the fux it is effects as well. Nothing like 4 hours of nonstop BOOM BOOM BOOM with the PT chaining so fast I couldn't even try to play with filters.

Best exp I've ever had on FFXI, too.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    All kidding aside, every graphics problem I've encountered has been resolved by going to an older graphics driver...no joke at all. Everytime there's an update and something gets broke I dig deeper into the archives of whatever manufacturer's website and keep trying junk.

10 Darter = 0
    30 GOTO 10
    40 REM lolsash
    you'll never see 40 with that code

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

10 Darter = 0
    30 GOTO 10
    40 REM lolsash
    you'll never see 40 with that code
    yes i'm aware, but remarks dont run anyways so LOLSASH

Old Merits
    BG Level

All kidding aside, every graphics problem I've encountered has been resolved by going to an older graphics driver...no joke at all.
    Very true

GeForce Fx-(Anything under 6200) should be running 66.93 drivers to get the best stability. New drivers don't necessarially have any improvments for older card. 77.77 works well for the whole 6000 series, and any of the 7000 series needs the newest.

Kuno, As far as Radeon, I'm not a radeon tech but I found a link to http://www.omegadrivers.net/ saying it resolved a lot of the user's problems, Perhaps a 3rd party driver might be worth at least testing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Same problem, drives me insane, radeon 7800gt. Worst part is the damn sound.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ya, I don't think it has anything to do with graphics drivers, as too many people with too many different cards are reporting the problem, and the glitch is accompanied by the sound of the firework going off. Be kinda hard for a display adapter to create sound. :D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Yeah, the firework is pretty fucked up, people's hands explode forever. The pacman thing sometimes people just turn invisible, sometimes I see pacman, dunno wtf is up with that. Very buggy. I'm noticing the sky glitching occasionally too now, and my framerate in dynamis has gone to shit and I haven't done anything. They've fucked something up somewhere with the last couple patchs.
    Yeah, I'm getting this shit too. SE really fucked something up with these fireworks, I've messed with filters, nothing seems to work. I also get a weird glitch sometimes with the sky, something I've never seen in almost three years of playing; the lense flare (or whatever you may call it) from the Sun is constantly in the middle of my screen, even when I'm not facing it. A full restart of PlayOnline usually fixes it, though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

My theory is that the lazer is considered an effect, but the explosion isn't. So the filter causes the lazer to not appear but the explosion still goes off. And on top of that, the mental giant coded the timer to count 4 (or however many it is) shots of the lazer and then stop, so if it's not firing on your screen then the explosion just keeps going. When I had most effects filtered for dynamis I got the glitch, but when I had nothing filtered it behaved normally.

Also, if you run out of draw range or if the person who used the firework changes gear, it should stop.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

new PC go go go

I assume your drivers are up-to-date? Several people on my server have also reported the fireworks glitch... But the summon magic animation, I haven't heard anything about that.

I play on a laptop, Radeon 9600 mobility. Works fine (Until it overheats...).

Same issue with those stupid fireworks, really f*cking annoying. NVIDIA 6600gt on my pc. My laptop with a NVIDIA GO 7800gt doesn't have the problem though.

Filters didn't help my cause either. My graphics are all screwed up on my pc anyways, I have to go back to an older driver or something. Still getting a consistent framerate, but I see holes in characters and lines connecting heads and feet of mobs for some reason.

Just started happening lately, so then I updated to the newest driver from NVIDIA but that didn't help.

Oh well, if it starts to annoy me enough, I just switch to my laptop quick.

Re: Graphics glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I hate muteppo. I really really do. Apparently everyone else in my ls loves them and uses them at events. Apparently it just fires a few rockets and everyone is happy.

Well on my computer using the firework shows that persons hand explode like a big firework. Seems cool... except it doesnt ever stop. And you cant filter the graphic. It annoys the crap out of me and I don't know why its glitched. Also on my computer the smn effect is glitched as well, I don't see those greenish electric thingies, only the ugly ass bubbles. And some icons like blue magic on the magic list/world nation flags on region map are also glitchy.

I scanned for errors numerous times and I dunno what the problem is. Any ideas?

Edit: almost forgot LOLSASH

I use to have the same problem with my card, and thought I was having heating issues. It turns out it was a problem with my drivers. Try using these if you don't already, http://www.Guru3d.com and now everything works great.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

You mean something like this?
    http://www.djskott.com/ffxi/fireworkglitch.rv

Quote Originally Posted by Skott
    You mean something like this?
    http://www.djskott.com/ffxi/fireworkglitch.rv
    lolRealPlayer

Can you convert it to AVI or something?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

couldnt get vegas to work so i was left with Real ><' I fail at encoding this i know

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I updated to the omega drivers, restarted my computer, then it gave me shit about direct3d not existing on my PC and that made me unable to play any of my PC games. So I uninstalled and installed the new catalyst 6.7 drivers, and FFXI works but screenshots dont, they all come up as solid black screens, which annoys me because there were really nice screens in Dyna-Q today ><