BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Graphics glitch?

I hate muteppo. I really really do. Apparently everyone else in my ls loves them and uses them at events. Apparently it just fires a few rockets and everyone is happy.

Well on my computer using the firework shows that persons hand explode like a big firework. Seems cool... except it doesnt ever stop. And you cant filter the graphic. It annoys the crap out of me and I don't know why its glitched. Also on my computer the smn effect is glitched as well, I don't see those greenish electric thingies, only the ugly ass bubbles. And some icons like blue magic on the magic list/world nation flags on region map are also glitchy.

I scanned for errors numerous times and I dunno what the problem is. Any ideas?

Do you have a Nvidia 5600FX Ultra graphics card? I to have this issue. After saying something on vent we found out a person with the exact same card as i have was haveing the same issue. Empire (my hubby) Thinks its a Problum with the FX version of the card.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I didn't even know that was a glitch. I thought the people doing it were shooting the firework off over and over again. I know I'm not the only one who saw it, because another person was going ape-shit over the non-stop display before a Seiryu fight.

For the record I have an ATI x800 something or another.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

gforce4 mx440 and same shit =/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

gforce4 mx440 and same shit =/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lolerranthatdrk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mine does that too, but only when people out of party do it. I actually died one time while soloing on BLM because a bunch of JP waiting by the door all used it at once, and my game grinded to a halt. I can run 64-man Dynamis on full settings without lag, and these things destroyed me...

I also have a weird problem where people outside of party just turn invisible when they use a Dateocchin or however you spell it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Apparently, the constant explosion thing occurs if you have certain effects filtered (Main Menu > Config > Effects). The constant explosion thing happened to me until someone told me to just not use the filters.

I had the same thing happen to me. It turned out to be that I had my effects turned off for non-party PCs. Config->Effects->last few filters

And you cant filter the graphic.
    I have effects filtered and I don't see these fireworks. In the effects menu just filter the one that applies to the person using the firework on himself.

Party->Party
    non party pc->non party pc

Whoever it is, when someone uses that datechochin (floating pacman monster) one they just disappear while it's in effect. For the rocket launcher one I just hear the zipbang and don't see any explosion.

Works fine for me '.'

edit:
    beaten to the punch twice

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I have experienced this issue as well, and found that other than letting it continue for about 10 mins, if you can run out of range of sight of the firework it does go away.

Yeah, the firework is pretty fucked up, people's hands explode forever. The pacman thing sometimes people just turn invisible, sometimes I see pacman, dunno wtf is up with that. Very buggy. I'm noticing the sky glitching occasionally too now, and my framerate in dynamis has gone to shit and I haven't done anything. They've fucked something up somewhere with the last couple patchs.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have this issue on 2 computers running with 2 completely different setups... Filters have provided no help at all, and they stay stuck on Inside and outside of party. If you are windowed sometimes running out of range and Minusing FF works or opening chatlog so its out of view. But nothing works for me everytime.

And now for some reason i cant enter the game on my one pc at all, pol encounters an error after the play button With and Without windower on -.- file check solves nothing reinstalling pol does nothing... sigh ive had to reinstall ffxi way too many times so sick of it...

Turn off "self to self" filter (so you see self -> self effect) should fix it.

Don't ask me why, but someone in my shell was going crazy over it too, finall narrowed it down to effects filters. When you turn it on it looks like the person is exploding, when you turn it off, it looks right.

\edit I mean the self to self effect filter, not the chat log filter.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lately stuff that was fine before is getting more and more laggy, so I have to turn off most filters and I still see those effects. And no, my card is a radeon 9000.

Is there any way to fix the smn animation glitch? There was one time in besieged or something where I saw the electric lines but 99% of the time it doesn't show up. Stupid thing. -.-; So I guess there isnt really a fix for this that isnt replacing the vid card? Cause that will be kinda difficult.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    And no, my card is a radeon 9000.
    Get a newer gfx card Could be a sign that its finally starting to go out if its been getting worse and worse. Hell, you can get 9800 cards for cheap as fuck, and those are still good cards to have.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never knew so many people played FFXI with antiquated graphics cards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Shouldn't have told them the filter settings. Wait for a person to out lot you on something you want and then have your friends fire off a bunch of these babies and crash him.

And seeing how everyone isn't affected by this...........drivers.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    I never knew so many people played FFXI with antiquated graphics cards.
    PS2 Limitations doesn't limit that

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm poor in rl.