+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chicago     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

chicago

gonna be heading back up there to catch a reds vs cubs game mid next month. ive been to chicago once b4 and had a great time but i dont wanna do the exact same things i did last time.

point of the post is i need some suggestions for things to do from people that live in/near chicago or that have traveled there in the past. im open for all suggestions, no matter if u think id like it or not. bars, food/fine dining, museums, etc etc.

last time i did the normal things:
    watched red wings beat the blackhawks
    ate at billy goat tavern
    ate at giordanos(sp?)
    did the navy pier thing
    sears tower
    art museum
    ikea in shaumburg(or whatever that town was)
    i think that was it

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Woo go Cubs.

Sears tower and Navy Pier are usually the places to go when you visit Chicago. You should also try and hit up Michigan Avenue. There are a bunch of stores and restaurants there. If you can, check who is playing at the House of Blues, sometimes they have really good bands there.

ESPN zone is a cool place to hang out. I don't know if they still have the King Tut exhibit at the Field Museum but I heard that was really cool. The Shedd Aquarium is also pretty nice.

lol@Ikea in Schaumburg, I'm about 45 minutes away from that place.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

my sister goes to chicago like 5times a year so i got drug to ikea. i enjoyed it though, got a lot of shit real cheap for my apartment. we did michigan avenue for a little bit but the hockey game was that night so i was too excited to really pay attention, just let my sister shop, lol. and i was mad at navy pier >.< i thought u could fish off of it, lol. was pretty cool though. we went during chicagoween, rofl.

thanks for the ideas. ESPN zone sounds pretty cool and so does the king tut exhibit. keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Woo go Cubs.

Sears tower and Navy Pier are usually the places to go when you visit Chicago. You should also try and hit up Michigan Avenue. There are a bunch of stores and restaurants there. If you can, check who is playing at the House of Blues, sometimes they have really good bands there.

ESPN zone is a cool place to hang out. I don't know if they still have the King Tut exhibit at the Field Museum but I heard that was really cool. The Shedd Aquarium is also pretty nice.

lol@Ikea in Schaumburg, I'm about 45 minutes away from that place.
    lol the cubs are terrible. mark prior = biggest waste of time in sports.

sorry daahan

Patron of Yin

BG Level

GTFO, my loyalty remains strong!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If your going on a weekend head to either Green Dolphin, Excalibur, or Sound-Bar nightclub pretty nice there. You can also try Dave and Busters for some fun.

To eat i suggest you go to John Hancock "Signature Room" it is very nice there but you better have the funds to pay for the food. A good 100$ should be enough for 2-3 ppl and make sure to get a window seat.

For sports f@$# the cubs and reds go to a Sox game

House of Blues is definitely worth the time to go see.
    Edited cuz I'm a retard, get tired too easy. I knew it sounded wrong.

For good eats (at a moderate price) I highly recommend Catch 22; its on the river downtown, seafood, and it rocks. Although, kinda pricy.

Sox ftw Cubs have a great stigma about them, but I've been a Sox fan longer is all I go to Illinois Institute of Tech as well, which is right across from their ballpark.

Um.. I live there... I'll try to think of more and post

Oh, also, Samah Its a hookah bar, I go there with friends, it started off as a semi joke, but its pretty relaxing, we're all smokers... I guess you gotta be into that kinda thing... But its nice and smooth smokin with a flava And its indian themed, nice indian music, couches / pillows / carpet, its awesome. I think Tuesday's have belly dancers.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    Hall of Blues is definitely worth the time to go see.

For good eats (at a moderate price) I highly recommend Catch 22; its on the river downtown, seafood, and it rocks. Although, kinda pricy.

Sox ftw Cubs have a great stigma about them, but I've been a Sox fan longer is all I go to Illinois Institute of Tech as well, which is right across from their ballpark.

Um.. I live there... I'll try to think of more and post
    A TRUE CHICAGOAN WOULD NOT CALL THE HOUSE OF BLUES THE "Hall of Blues"

No clue why I typed that, honestly, except its really late... and I'm not a true chicagoan ^^; I live here now, but I'm from New York :wink:

Groovebox

Museum of Science and Industry... it's a lot of fun.

I grew up in chicagoland (currently at college in Iowa City), so if you want any info PM me

I tried going to Shedd Aquarium an hour after it opened this past Monday and the line was out of control. We walked down and around the building (I have facebook pics showing this lovely time) and when we got back the line hadn't budged and was long, over 100 people outside the building.

I really enjoyed walking through Millenium Park, the gardens, those two crazy water fall towers that spit water at people, and the bean. Its free and fun.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Just the place for you....Belmont and Halsted.

<3 Im serious tho D:!!!!!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxtra

For sports f@$# the cubs and reds go to a Sox game
    well, im from Cincinnati, so i wanna see the reds whoop the cubs and hopefully get the wildcard spot

ive heard good things about catch 22 so ill probably check that out. last time i was gonna go eat at heaven on 7 but didnt get the chance. its some cajun place. any opinions on that?

thanks for all the replies

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

man i haven't been to heaven on 7 since i was a kid. If i remember i think there is a theatre on the top floor while the 1st and 2nd have restaurant.