Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Price check...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Looking at roughly 40M tops, selling anything expensive these days is hard enough because theres just so little money in the economy. Case in point, me parting ways with Genie Weskit for 55M a few days back :\

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

well, i put them in bazaar for maximum amount and they sold in minutes. I guess i am the indian that sold his land for some beads and fire water

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    I dont wanna be like the indians selling north america for a hand full of beads and a barrell of fire water
    And the deadly smallpox virus!

(animated clerks reference)
    Way late, but it's the deadly Motaba virus.
    Motaba.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    I seem to recall Brennon selling a pair of these a while back on Asura for 50m or so, I'm sure she'll be along sooner or later with input, she's got a nose for HQ leather.
    I've sold two pair in the last 3 months, both for 70m

Leathercrafter on our server has 2 in his bazaar for 80m, not selling. GL getting over 100m.
    lolCoty. F'ckin retard. He's had those for months.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Brennon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    I seem to recall Brennon selling a pair of these a while back on Asura for 50m or so, I'm sure she'll be along sooner or later with input, she's got a nose for HQ leather.
    I've sold two pair in the last 3 months, both for 70m

Leathercrafter on our server has 2 in his bazaar for 80m, not selling. GL getting over 100m.
    lolCoty. F'ckin retard. He's had those for months.
    Just a random thought but shouldn't relics have like Gold Box or something. Seems pretty lame that they don't.

a pair sold on AH last night for 200 mill
    bahamut server, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Martinius
    you know, if you wait until november/december, you can probably get 90-100 mil for em. in the market now, probably 40-60...

friend of mine got his for free... we had 2 100 leathercrafters in the ls, got a hide off of behemoth or byakko, i don't remember. anyways, we've got every craft but gold at or near 100 in our shell, so when we get items like that, we have someone craft them(i make shura gear, sig makes nobles, etc). and desime popped off a signed pair of +1s for him. i imagine rup tipped well tho.
    When you hq something you should sell it ASAP or before a version update. SE is known for making things like Walahra Turban + YY Robe which messed up some nice HQs. I got over 100m for Dusk Gloves +1 but that was in april. 100m then is pretty much 60m now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    you know, if you wait until november/december, you can probably get 90-100 mil for em. in the market now, probably 40-60...

friend of mine got his for free... we had 2 100 leathercrafters in the ls, got a hide off of behemoth or byakko, i don't remember. anyways, we've got every craft but gold at or near 100 in our shell, so when we get items like that, we have someone craft them(i make shura gear, sig makes nobles, etc). and desime popped off a signed pair of +1s for him. i imagine rup tipped well tho.
    When you hq something you should sell it ASAP or before a version update. SE is known for making things like Walahra Turban + YY Robe which messed up some nice HQs. I got over 100m for Dusk Gloves +1 but that was in april. 100m then is pretty much 60m now.
    no
    very rare items should only go up in price or stay the same~
    even if you think it should go down because w/e reason
    you're either really dumb or really need gill if you think prices on stuff should just instantly be 40% less because gillbuyers aren't buying like crazy..
    IGE or w/e company doesn't create gill, they hold it and circulate.
    The same amount of gill, hell even more gill , is still on the server as there was during x-mas inflation

Good thing you held onto your Genie Weskit. I imagine that market will recover in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_tabi

no
    you're either really dumb or really need gill if you think prices on stuff should just instantly be 40% less because gillbuyers aren't buying like crazy..
    The same amount of gill, hell even more gill , is still on the server as there was during x-mas inflation
    Yeah panther mask+1 is still worth a lot, right?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Except for what got deleted.

I don't think most high crafters would agree that the same amount of gil is on the server, because every price went down, for everything. Either people have gotten really really good at saving (lol) or the gil isn't there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkorosu

no
    Yeah panther mask+1 is still worth a lot, right?
    i quoted the wrong post maybe, but i wasn't talking about gear that has ben trumped by other gear ie. panther+1/walahraTurban

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Except for what got deleted.

I don't think most high crafters would agree that the same amount of gil is on the server, because every price went down, for everything. Either people have gotten really really good at saving (lol) or the gil isn't there anymore.
    same amount of gil is on the server that was in the hands of players, not taking gillsellers into consideration <.<
    gill circulates
    main reason prices drop i'd say is because sellers are impatient/ buyers are patient.

blah just forget i was in this post

Total amount of gil on the server has decreased a fuckload since xmas. At least half a trillion gil deleted, and currently more gil is being sunk (via AH fees etc) than is being created.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Total amount of gil on the server has decreased a fuckload since xmas. At least half a trillion gil deleted, and currently more gil is being sunk (via AH fees etc) than is being created.
    500,000,000,000(half trillion)/32(servers)=15,625,000,000 per server

That's assuming the whipes spread out equally on all servers, but lets look at somthing else, lets look at it spread across how many people are logging in according to 6th ffxi census, which is 500,000.

500,000,000,000 / 500,000 = 1,000,000
    Wow only 1m per per person deleted? lol? somthings not right maybe eh?
    So.. ok lets take just 19% of that 500,000 which is what i would consider the normal players(3-6 hrs,13% of ppl.) and the hardcore players (6-9hrs,6% of ppl). 19% of 500,000 = 95,000

500,000,000,000 / 95,000 = 5,263,157.894737
    So just 5 mill? deleted? how many people have had over 5 mill by now?

That last equation is not even considering the other 81% of characters that log into ffxi for very little time(storage chars) or extreme amonts of time(mules and 24/7 GS/RMT/W/E).

Correct me if i'm wrong anywhere if you think :wink: but that shit bout gil being deleted is fucking press-release propaganda bullshit type thing

CONSPIRACY! Why would SE want to make less money? Maybe they get side-money from the 24/7 GS Inc. ? It could probably even be said they stand to make more money controlling there RMT-side-business by posing to keep tight wrap on it, but not doing so..(sounds like GM..)

[size=7]

Your analysis makes no fucking sense.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    500,000,000,000(half trillion)/32(servers)=15,625,000,000 per server

That's assuming the whipes spread out equally on all servers, but lets look at somthing else, lets look at it spread across how many people are logging in according to 6th ffxi census, which is 500,000.

500,000,000,000 / 500,000 = 1,000,000
    Wow only 1m per per person deleted? lol? somthings not right maybe eh?
    So.. ok lets take just 19% of that 500,000 which is what i would consider the normal players(3-6 hrs,13% of ppl.) and the hardcore players (6-9hrs,6% of ppl). 19% of 500,000 = 95,000

500,000,000,000 / 95,000 = 5,263,157.894737
    So just 5 mill? deleted? how many people have had over 5 mill by now?

That last equation is not even considering the other 81% of characters that log into ffxi for very little time(storage chars) or extreme amonts of time(mules and 24/7 GS/RMT/W/E).

Correct me if i'm wrong anywhere if you think :wink: but that shit bout gil being deleted is fucking press-release propaganda bullshit type thing

CONSPIRACY! Why would SE want to make less money? Maybe they get side-money from the 24/7 GS Inc. ? It could probably even be said they stand to make more money controlling there RMT-side-business by posing to keep tight wrap on it, but not doing so..(sounds like GM..)

[size=7]
    You couldn't be more wrong.. I actually know plenty of gilsellers that were hit hard by the bans, etc. Many of them have told me they lost 100mil or more. And yes, believe it or not, gilsellers control a huge share of the market on items. And when they got their gil deleted over the year, they had to drop the price on items because people couldn't pay enough (because they couldn't sell enough to people).

whatever you guys what to think man ^^;;
    but that half trillion gil that was deleted was just a drop in the bucket compared to what is still in all the servers.....in the hands of legit players
    gilsellers might of been hit hard but guess what? they were back to gilfarming in three days and are still collecting each servers gil everyday.

I still see them selling Kraken Clubs for 100m+ and people buy them.
    The thing is right now that there still alot of gil on the servers but it's more spread out through normal players then you think. This is why gil cost more if your a gilbuyer and why people are not as willing to pay insane prices since they can't buy the gil.Gilsellers will just keep farming, slowly raising the prices as they are able to sell more of the gil they have farmed up, proportionally.

Sorry if simple math makes no fucking sense to you aurik, 0r m4ybe 1t cuz 1 wuz tak1n l1ke th1z

Bukko, wow you know gilsellers? and talk to them?! then you'd know 100m or more is nothing for these guys.... 1 lucky day they can farm stuff to sell for that much even in today's economy. Gilseller do try to control any market they can get into, and yes your right they do well at it.Gilsellers will just keep farming, slowly raising the prices as they are able to sell more of the gil they have farmed up, proportionally.

All i was really trying to say is to tell people to start marking prices up, and just wait for players to farm up so-and-so much more gil for whatever item your selling. Which won't work on lot's of things since markets get crowded and and people getting undercut etc etc. But it will work on rare stuff, like Kraken Club, Tier-0 rare-as-hell HQs and such.
    Patience

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

When shit like prism capes get sent back repeatedly now at prices like 2.8m, when they were selling back then for 6m+ as fast as they could be crafted I'll continue to disagree with you.

When you're a serious crafter you spend 99% of your time watching markets and seeing how much products are selling for and how fast, even things not even remotely in your market (since most crafters are also investors.) You pick up on trends and slowdowns in the economy. Before I left a couple weeks ago, the economy was in a 4 month slump that showed no signs of picking up, in fact it had gotten worse with every passing week.

Your "special" drops you mention like T0's and kraken/osode/speed belt, etc have dropped considerably in price. Some will go for weeks and not sell, at prices 50% less than they used to sell almost immediately. I'm sorry I refuse to believe that all the sudden 99% of the playerbase just became consciencous shoppers, and now they are all patiently awaiting the best deal before releasing their hard-earned gil.

There's less gil on the server, a lot less, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    When shit like prism capes get sent back repeatedly now at prices like 2.8m, when they were selling back then for 6m+ as fast as they could be crafted I'll continue to disagree with you.

When you're a serious crafter you spend 99% of your time watching markets and seeing how much products are selling for and how fast, even things not even remotely in your market (since most crafters are also investors.) You pick up on trends and slowdowns in the economy. Before I left a couple weeks ago, the economy was in a 4 month slump that showed no signs of picking up, in fact it had gotten worse with every passing week.

Your "special" drops you mention like T0's and kraken/osode/speed belt, etc have dropped considerably in price. Some will go for weeks and not sell, at prices 50% less than they used to sell almost immediately. I'm sorry I refuse to believe that all the sudden 99% of the playerbase just became consciencous shoppers, and now they are all patiently awaiting the best deal before releasing their hard-earned gil.

There's less gil on the server, a lot less, end of story.
    are you taking into account how many more people all crafting prism capes or trying to sell ones they already had? items don't just dissappear after they are bought, people resell them after they don't want them anymore. I didn't say osode since it is hardly special anymore and most people would rather get it for free from thier LS then buy it lol. I am on a different server as you are though and i don't craft much of anything in tier0 range or look at prices all to well. I thought i explained rather well that people are lowering prices cause taking too long to sell, because it taking players longer to farm gil(buy).

Gillsellers lately been selling all of the _special-monopolized_ items over shouts. People are buying Kraken for 100M still, and sells rather fast still.

It would also be fair to say your durable HQs that are falling so much in price are because there's better gear then it now? or cause the synthesis materials dropped alot in price as well?

I don't know about you guys but i am ok with the economy as it stands and when i do get somthing that is really rare and should sell for alot, i won't let it go for cheaper then i think it is worth.
    Gillseller on my server last night are selling thiefs knife for 40M
    I just sold one two days ago for 45M
    1 year ago i used to sell them for 50M

1st 100+6 Goldsmither on our server was selling Kaiser Shielld for 25M last night, 5M more then what he sold it for in '04

PLEASE STOP COMPARING PRICES NOW TO PRICES DURING CHRISTMAS INFLATION SEASON

I'm done with this thread, dis agree with me again if you want since you'll know i won't respond to it