FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

are you taking into account how many more people all crafting prism capes or trying to sell ones they already had? items don't just dissappear after they are bought, people resell them after they don't want them anymore.
    90% of the prism capes sold on Siren are by the crafters who make them (there are about 5 of us), the price is not driven down by people reselling their old ones, which is a theory that the market is saturated.

I'm not responding to the rest of your post, not because you won't reply, but simply because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Gillsellers lately been selling all of the _special-monopolized_ items over shouts. People are buying Kraken for 100M still, and sells rather fast still.
    This is a gem though... Yes gilsellers must be secretly selling those items at their insanely large prices over shout while the exact same items sit in bazaar for weeks at much lower prices with no sales.

I can't figure out if you think consumers are brilliant savvy businessmen who know the exact point to wait to buy gear (and put off levelling until the price drops enough I assume?), or if they are retards that would rather pay 20m more to a gilseller instead of buying from bazaar.

If you think that the FFXI economy is made up of kraken clubs and speed belts you don't understand much of what's going on. The insane amount of mid to high level HQ's that change hands everyday dwarfs the amount of gil moved back and forth by the 1-2 kraken and speed belt transactions each day. The fact that most of those mid to high level HQ's have dropped 40-50% or more in price proves the lack of gil in the system (unless krakens cost 1b a piece now, guess I don't know about the secret sales from gilfarmer via tell.)

Whats the AH lookin like now as far as SH and p. charm nowadays? Just cruious :3

oh and HI RAINEER ^________________________^

check pms ok raineer ^_^

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_tabi
    Sorry if simple math makes no fucking sense to you aurik, 0r m4ybe 1t cuz 1 wuz tak1n l1ke th1z
    LOL at Aurik not being able to comprehend simple math.

All the other points of price drops across the board on 99% of the rest of the items have already been addressed so I won't repeat the point. I am in disbelief that you think that this recession has to due with people on all servers are saving up and being savvy shoppers roughly the same time IGE gets their banks nuked.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I can't figure out if you think consumers are brilliant savvy businessmen who know the exact point to wait to buy gear (and put off levelling until the price drops enough I assume?), or if they are retards that would rather pay 20m more to a gilseller instead of buying from bazaar.
    OK i had to respond -.-
    I think crafters are being fucking ignorant that making gil should be so easy for them. supply/demand i know you've heard of this. When supply of somthing goes up and demand goes down... prices fall...gg.
    You still sure that the falling prices of your prism capes is just because there's less gil in the system? It couldn't have anything to do with other crafters selling it for cheaper or with spider webs being 100%-200% cheaper then they used to be? supply/demand maybe? And again you're not on my server but on Bahamut if someone bazzars kraken club for 100M it gets bought in a heartbeat <.<

hey bebopaloo, could it be because everyday theres 4-5 new v.claws being put it up for sale faster then people can farm the gil(buy) to buy it?
    VClaw-3.5m
    SH-3.2-3.7m wow you could actually profit off a NQ on bahamut if <.< or atleast not lose anything, not lose alot
    likewise with pcc there's plenty of other options now adays that makes pcc not worth as much

in summary: supply/demand affects prices? wow
    special luxury items still sell for a shitload of gil at fairly
    decent rate

STOP COMPARING PRICES TO BEFORE HALF TRILLION GIL WAS DELETED OR DURING X_MAS INFLATION

i got started in this thread saying that half a trillion gil was not as much as people would like to believe and that there's still alot of gil on the servers, if you think that i am wrong just go about your merry business and don't reply
    [/b]

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Sorry if simple math makes no fucking sense to you aurik, 0r m4ybe 1t cuz 1 wuz tak1n l1ke th1z

All the other points of price drops across the board on 99% of the rest of the items have already been addressed so I won't repeat the point. I am in disbelief that you think that this recession has to due with people on all servers are saving up and being savvy shoppers roughly the same time IGE gets their banks nuked.
    i never said that so don't put words in my mouth( the part about savvy savers not the part about aurik not comprehending)
    i did say half a trillion gil being deleted is not that much gil, and that there's still a shitload of gil on all servers
    but thanks for your contrubution , although it sounded like exactly what raineer said~~~

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm sure prices are in no way related to the fact that people could just buy their way down to 0 and then restock from IGE.

Maybe your mind is just more fucking dense than I thought possible, let me give you an example:

-Some random Sunday Night - IGE is alive and well, prices are where they have been for 10 months straight even when normalized for christmas

-9am maintenance the next morning-SE announces IGE nuke-

Servers come up, prices INSTANTLY drop 50-70% on every HQ in every market.. GEE I WONDER IF THATS BECAUSE PEOPLE COULDNT RESTOCK AT IGE ANYMORE

Prices stay that way for about 10 weeks, then start creeping up again, get back to about halfway to October's prices (completely before xmas inflation), then the second nuke comes and drives prices down below where they were before any of this and they permanently stayed there. For example, the prices of the common 80-100 HQ's in cloth are now lower than when I hit 100 almost 20 months ago.

How the fuck you can be that dense as to not see that one, I have no clue. It has nothing to do with xmas IGE sale, it's the fact that the gil DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE TO PURCHASE GOODS WITH.

Square Enix themselves have admitted that the amount of gil in the system is in decline. Add to that half a trillion gil being deleted and you have a serious constriction in the total amount of gil in circulation.

And I understand exactly the math behind your analysis, just your conclusion makes no sense. Only 15 billion gil per server was deleted and that means the recession and long-term deflation is just a figment of our imaginations? Right...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Another Price check, how much is Kaiser Shield going for in your servers? T0 goldsmithing.

Doesn't get made/sold often enough to establish a consistent price.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvana
    Another Price check, how much is Kaiser Shield going for in your servers? T0 goldsmithing.
    I bazaared for like 6 months at 25m on Siren, finally AH'd for 15m a couple weeks back and someone paid 20. It's roughly 20-25.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

[quote=shinobi_tabi]
    Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Quote Originally Posted by "shinobi_tabi":d093e

i never said that so don't put words in my mouth( the part about savvy savers not the part about aurik not comprehending)
    i did say half a trillion gil being deleted is not that much gil, and that there's still a shitload of gil on all servers
    but thanks for your contrubution , although it sounded like exactly what raineer said~~~[/quote:d093e]
    Replying in bits and pieces while I do some office work, sorry if i repeat myself. I mixed up you saying savvy shopper with Raineer. But even if there is a "shitload" of gil on the servers, cutting off a large chunk of it makes gil more valuable than before.

hey bebopaloo, could it be because everyday theres 4-5 new v.claws being put it up for sale faster then people can farm the gil(buy) to buy it?
    VClaw-3.5m
    SH-3.2-3.7m wow you could actually profit off a NQ on bahamut if <.< or atleast not lose anything, not lose alot
    likewise with pcc there's plenty of other options now adays that makes pcc not worth as much
    I highly doubt that new claws and new materials are being introduced into the economy at a faster right now as opposed to predeflation IGE nerf. In addition to looking at vclaw vs SH prices, what are the HQ prices? That's barely a profit at all assuming you dont break and after the AH fees.

Some items like webs drop drastically because of TOAU introducing a huge farmable population.

Pricing and money are subject to supply and demand. Taking money out of the economy or even hoarding it causes a recession and lowering of prices. When IGE hoards money on their mules then that money is deleted, that has a huge impact on each server. 15 BILLION gil, is a lot more money than you think it is.

WTF you guys just don't get it
    I was never saying the stuff you said in your posts was completely wrong
    In fact i agree with what most of you have said -.-
    All i said that the half trilliong gill was not as bad as people try to make it
    I tried to do some math to show you guys an idea of how much might of been in the sytem before/still, but ya'll just keep arguing against shit i never said GG

Kaiser shield@Ifrit server last sale on AH was December '05 for 30m, however I saw one in a bazaar a few months ago @50m.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The only price on my server I see going up is Angel Skin, everything else is going down, fairly quick too. Lots of sellers, not many buyers, very very hard to make gil. It's quite obvious that there is less gil around for people, or at least that only a select few have gil and they don't need any items (and for some reason aren't buying dynamis currency as those prices are falling quick too). Everything is pointing to the gil deletion having a powerful effect on the economy.

Prices on items such as haubergeon, angel skins, sniper rings, scorp harness, peacock charm, and verm cloak have all dropped on ifrit. I might actually be able to afford to level a dd job soon.

A lot of people on Asura (myself included) stopped buying Dynamis currency recently. I think a lot of people are having trouble making the scads of cash we were--before it used to practically log on, synth 2 things, make 200k. Now to make money you swim against the current; it's very tiring.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

if you're quitting, wait until christmas.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    if you're quitting, wait until christmas.
    yeah around sept - jan will be inflation following the trends from 2005-2006. ige sale, do you need it?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i don't have the balls to sell my little guy if i decide to quit. Done too much to have some nub buy him and run around and shit.

I'd prob just leave him there chilling with my gear since i'll prob decide to play later down the road.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i am with Zigma, i dont think i would ever sell my character.