+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vanguard Go     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

Vanguard Go

Seems like a good game.

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=43537

I doubt it will have all the little things I have find fun in FFXI, but I probably will find it way funner for me than WoW or GW was. Seems pretty awesome.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Are the Beta sign ups over? I've been registered for some time but no invite. =/

Groovebox

Meh, the game looks kind of dumb. My problem is that SE has such an amazing art team, that no other game can come close to the character designs in FFXI imo - even WoW, though Blizzard kicks ass too - you have all these games coming out, that just do shitty. I guess I'm just gonne be one of those lemmings waiting for FFXI-2 <3 Squaresof... I will however be sure to try Phantasy Star Universe (I'm hoping it's my new addiction) and Burning Crusade for WoW.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

But it definately looks like they want to focus the fans and players instead of the art.

It may of been 2 years ago that I signed up to beta or whatever..

Lol..

This game isn't comming out any time soon, and I won't believe it till I see it.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox
    Phantasy Star Universe
    Who cares about any other games when this is coming out in a few months?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Phantasy Star Universe
    Because why would I pay for a MMORPG fee for a MORPG?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Phantasy Star Universe
    Phantasy Star Universe looks like ass.

http://synbios.net/games/PSU/videos/beta/

zzzzzzz

Groovebox

Because why would I pay for a MMORPG fee for a MORPG?
    Honestly, after you've played FFXI for 3 years, anything by a cool company looks fun. Besides, what do you think FFXI and WoW have turned into? After you do all the missions and shit, all you do is get together with friends and kill big targets, run assault missions, and "work" dynamis 2 times a week.

After awhile, all games get stale, and the only thing to keep you coming back are the friends you've made and the community... I made a bunch of friends when I played PSO, and I still keep in touch with all of them... I continue to play games with them like FFXI and WoW.

Banned.

BG Level

Besides, what do you think FFXI and WoW have turned into?
    Um... not a MORPG? At least for FFXI. I think WoW's community is like only guild and real life friends. Someone from WoW will comment on this with anti-FFXI banter.

Groovebox

Well, I like both FFXI and WoW still. I have fun playing both games, but if I didn't have some close friends that played them, I probably would put them on a back-burner. Maybe I'm not familiar with the difference between MORPG and an MMORPG... what's the missing m? massively? If it is, I seriously don't see a difference.

Regardless, I love the Phantasy Star universe as much as I love the final fantasy universe... so it really doesn't matter to me I guess.

Banned.

BG Level

k, less derail.

The jobs seem really interesting. Also I like how they really are upfront with everything.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm getting it

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I've been interested in it for a while however the information on that site is almost 2 years old, and no a lot of new information has come out in a long time. I think they've had financial problems and the game kinda got put on halt for a while because the info coming out has been very dry for a long time. I'm looking forward to it but at this point I wouldn't be suprised if it gets canned.

Banned.

BG Level

There seems to be new information and they finally made a site. I think they are just trying their best to fit everything. They said the game world would be big(too big).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Vanguard is the true EQ2. That is the only way you can look at it... the creator of EQ1 is the person behind it.

If you want to read up on Vanguard goto...

http://www.fohguild.org/forums

You can find plenty of information along with WoW Bitching, EQ1 bitching and EQ2 bitching alongside some Eve Online rimjobbing.

Numerious people of importance post on the side often; including John Smedly (President of SoE) and Brad "Aradune" Mquaid (sp?) (CEO of SGO).

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Reading more and more makes me want to play it over FFXI.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I had read about this game a long time ago, I was actually going to start playing it when it came back out... then I started playing FFXI again. (un?)Lucky me my character was still active.

They definetly look like they are interested in listening to their player base, maybe I will try it... but for know I will stick with FFXI.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm definitely getting it. I haven't read too many details about it, and I don't really recall the stuff I have read, but I do remember that it sounded like it was going to be pretty nice. Anyone who has read up on it lately recall if they're going to encourage partying over solo? I would really like it if there was some mechanic, ala FFXI and skillchains/bursting, that would make partying with others more attractive than solo (but still make soloing at least somewhat reasonable.)

I've been reaching the end of the rope as far as FFXI goes, tried WoW a while back (didn't like it) and have been waiting on a new MMO to get in on the ground floor. Besides, at this point with FFXI any suggestions made by their playerbase (beyond stupid crap like chocobo raising) falls on deaf ears or results in sideways changes that do nothing. Vanguard will be a welcome newcomer and nice place for a fresh start.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Velen

I think I remember reading on the Vanguard forums that they were going after a 20/30/40 split for content: 20% solo, 30% party, 40% raid.

Vanguard excites me from a design standpoint; the Sigil staff has a lot of genre veterens that know how to make a good game, and all the information I've found really excites me about how they want the playerbase to be actively involved with the game.

My only reservation is my subjective observation that much of the technical art isn't all that well done. One video clip showed a player atop a flying dragon-esque mount, and the animations were horrible. I started laughing at how amateurish they were, so stiff/rigid and just plain ugly. There was also a video of some battles, where things looked washed out and the lighting didn't seem right (wasn't rendering properly? I don't know). I know the game is still in beta, so there's some hope that some of that will get fixed before open/release.

Aesthetics aside, as long as the meat and bones of the game (design) is solid, it'll be fun and worthwhile in my book.