Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: August 23rd Interview     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    All joking aside, difficulty should mirror quality of drops, the end. Chiv. Chain is awesome, correct? Then Hydra should drop something even better. Not the other way around. I think you should be able to agree with that. Even if it's just a Chiv. Chain +1...it's still better, it still means I put more effort/skill/organization into an event (Assault is like a 9-5 job, put in your time and you get your paycheck, its hardly challenging), so I should be rewarded accordingly. SE wants to get away from RMT, then why not make all of the enviable items on mobs gilfarmers will never be able to touch?
    Difficulty cannot mirror quality of drops. After people figure out how to easily beat a NM, which is a matter of a few short weeks, the difficulty is gone. With enough digging for information anyone can easily find out winning strageties for every monster in FFXI, therefore difficulty is a moot point, the end. What don't we know how to beat easily besides AV and stuff that you sometimes just get screwed on (DL, that popped NM that runs back and eats the soup)? With the amount of information sharing difficulty of the monster isn't much of an issue, it's simply a question of the player's skill and the persistence to get claim and learn from mistakes.

What's debatable is reward for the effort/skill/organization. Let's face it: HNM fights are predictable, many people know how the monsters act. Assaults are predictable, we know pretty much what to do. Both have the element of random screwage and enough danger to have you fail. Just like a linkshell gathers for the daily 3 hour king window so do people for daily assault runs. As for the skill factor, how is killing the same turtle you've killed for 3 years more of an accomplishment than a tough Assault? It's predictable, you've killed it hundereds of times already. Compare this with Assault, it's much much more unpredictable (hasn't been out long, we don't know all the ins and outs) and that's where skill plays a greater role because we must improvise more.

I have much more respect for people who are trailblazers in Assault and Limbus than the people who kill the same mob over and over for years. Assault/Limbus and god/king both take the effort of showing up, the skill to achive victory and the organization to keep people coming back and winning.

"RMT never be able to touch", you're a funny man.
    I've been saying this for quite a while. The reall problem with the Zilart Kings is that there is no progression. WHy kill other HNM when the bulk of the best gear is three years old. Yes make new HNM hard but make it drop gear that allows you to proceed to the next tier as an LS. Make it so that the Kings have decent drop rates and then move on to the harder set of mobs and so on and so on.

To me that seems to be the real problem with FFXI is that the Dev team will not get over fucking Zilart Kings and gear. Is it great stuff, yeah. But god damn add better stuff and harded mobs people want a challenge but not something as fucking retarted as AV. God damn SE pull you head out of your tubgirl's ass and get with the program.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sasarai
    Quote Originally Posted by Local
    A question about new job AFv2 would be interesting. As well as if they on adding the 3 new jobs to relics or possibly creating a new form of relic weapons that include the new jobs.
    And on that note, how SE plan to work the concept of the new jobs Relic into the storyline seeing as how (by their own admission) Aht Urgan was not involved in the Crystal War and thusly didn't participate in the Hydra Corps.
    And on that note, why the fuck is Hydra in Aht Urgan?

Just... just sayin'.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian

I've been saying this for quite a while. The reall problem with the Zilart Kings is that there is no progression. WHy kill other HNM when the bulk of the best gear is three years old. Yes make new HNM hard but make it drop gear that allows you to proceed to the next tier as an LS. Make it so that the Kings have decent drop rates and then move on to the harder set of mobs and so on and so on.

To me that seems to be the real problem with FFXI is that the Dev team will not get over fucking Zilart Kings and gear. Is it great stuff, yeah. But god damn add better stuff and harded mobs people want a challenge but not something as fucking retarted as AV. God damn SE pull you head out of your tubgirl's ass and get with the program.
    Meh, therein lies the problem. Two expansions later Nidhogg drops are still the most amazing gear in the game by most standards (even AV's drops are arguably unimportant). The fact that they're so good and can have a drastic effect on the player they are owned by is a problem to the dev team. Basically, if you make the gear stronger, the game will begin to become unbalanced.

So what's easier- make new armor that unbalances the entire game and causes many changes to fix, or put out armor that only looks good until you find out what the latent is?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii

Meh, therein lies the problem. Two expansions later Nidhogg drops are still the most amazing gear in the game by most standards (even AV's drops are arguably unimportant). The fact that they're so good and can have a drastic effect on the player they are owned by is a problem to the dev team. Basically, if you make the gear stronger, the game will begin to become unbalanced.

So what's easier- make new armor that unbalances the entire game and causes many changes to fix, or put out armor that only looks good until you find out what the latent is?
    Not trying to be rude but re read the top half. Thats the problem there is no progression. Increase the level cap make better gear and harder mobs. Its not that hard of a concept.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

raising levels

poor merits

every mage is going to sub rdm, no really, that would be great

FIRST WHM TO LEVEL80 LOLZ no

RaiseIV bitch? fuck you in the face~!

RegenIV however, steak dinner tonight? <3

if they increased the level cap, imagine the areas... you thought thickets was bad now, and bitchy 75 players not wanting to play without sanction, but all sitting killing EM mobs.... no

they just need to add ranks to skill or progression in a job, not more levels. make that difficult trials for jobs to progress through rank up to access stronger magic/WS/JA's, oh wait, merits, they did that already just no spiffy title

Warrior? fuck that, call them Berserkers or something rawr ;3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    raising levels

poor merits

FIRST WHM TO LEVEL80 LOLZ no

RaiseIV bitch? fuck you in the face~!

RegenIV however, steak dinner tonight? <3

if they increased the level cap, imagine the areas... you thought thickets was bad now, and bitchy 75 players not wanting to play without sanction, but all sitting killing EM mobs.... no

they just need to add ranks to skill or progression in a job, not more levels. make that difficult trials for jobs to progress through rank up to access stronger magic/WS/JA's, oh wait, merits, they did that already just no spiffy title

Warrior? fuck that, call them Berserkers or something rawr ;3
    Thats the problem look how many zones are empty and wasted. To me it seems like the dev team just got to a certain point and said "fuck it." Make more exp spots, varry the ways you can get EXP, oh shit go forbid if you got EXP from BCNMs and quests. Its not even that hard to do now, just add EXP scrolls that give decent amounts according to the quest.

I'm not trying to be a dick but too many people around here are too short sighted and can't plan ten steps ahead. SE has been locked into a pretty narrow view and it doesn't seem like its going to change anytime soon. I really wish it would though the game has so much potential.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    raising levels

poor merits

It's pretty much clear they won't raise the cap because there's merits and it just wouldn't make any sense

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Make more exp spots, varry the ways you can get EXP, oh shit go forbid if you got EXP from BCNMs and quests. Its not even that hard to do now, just add EXP scrolls that give decent amounts according to the quest.
    Uh..how many MORE exp spots do we need? The idea that "Omg, there's no where to get exp @ lvl 4994949" is just silly now. I don't really think SE is going to create EXP areas aimed directly at nothing other then merit parties. Even Thickets while a perfect EXP spot is really more aimed to support a shitload of exp parties instead, people just use the repop and ammount of mobs as a merit spot. There's shitloads of exp spots for all levels thoughout the game, SE didn't fail there, players just fail for not GOING to them. I will say there are areas you can't go without set builds (HI2U Rancor's Den) but the game is not lacking in exp areas.

I agree EXP scrolls from quests and Dynamis are way, way broken. 3-6K plz, not 200-1k, but I don't think the exp amounts from ENM's should be messed with, they are fine as it is.

Thats the problem look how many zones are empty and wasted. To me it seems like the dev team just got to a certain point and said "fuck it." Make more exp spots, varry the ways you can get EXP, oh shit go forbid if you got EXP from BCNMs and quests. Its not even that hard to do now, just add EXP scrolls that give decent amounts according to the quest.
    More alternative exp would own, they're certainly moving in that direction but could speed it up immensely. Weekly Memoirs are great but 4k a week c'mon, 4k a day is more reasonable. And they really need to make dynamis mobs give like 2-4 exp each, I don't think 1k per run is going to drastically alter the game.

As for zones getting old they do, it's true, it's just how to deal with it. When I read about EQ1 I hear the same thing: Old zones are obsolete and nobody has killed anything in them for months because there is better stuff elsewhere. How about a Sanction'esque bonus for rarely used exp zones like Tor. Canal or Fei'yin? Bones suck but it might be worth the suckage for an extra 15-20% exp.

I assume the same thing happens to all MMOs as they start to get old, content is obsoleted. How do other games deal with it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

More alternative exp would own, they're certainly moving in that direction but could speed it up immensely. Weekly Memoirs are great but 4k a week c'mon, 4k a day is more reasonable.
    Not really. SE never has intended to allow people to gain EXP WoW style. The ENM's were a bit of a fluke and they STILL need a party. I don't ever see SE changing it so you can gain large amount of exp soloing a mission for a little bit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

As for zones getting old they do, it's true, it's just how to deal with it. When I read about EQ1 I hear the same thing: Old zones are obsolete and nobody has killed anything in them for months because there is better stuff elsewhere. How about a Sanction'esque bonus for rarely used exp zones like Tor. Canal or Fei'yin? Bones suck but it might be worth the suckage for an extra 15-20% exp.

I assume the same thing happens to all MMOs as they start to get old, content is obsoleted. How do other games deal with it?
    They don't. Grinding EXP remains the prime timesink of MMO's everywhere
    and if your going to remove or cripple one time sink, you have to have enough content to deal with it.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

theres beauty in empty zones, but a lot, a LOT of HNM ppl fail to see it anymore. most of the CoP zones are beautiful, and utterly empty except for a few ppl running through from time to time. if every fucking zone had its ass stuffed with exp PT cock, the world wouldnt be as beautiful.

but yeah, the exp deal just needs to be implemented to dynamis/limbus(doesnt give exp right? havent been in a long time) to 50-100exp no joke lol. If you come out with nothing less than a full buffer, you came out pretty well i think.

maybe they need to add a merit band thats on a separate timer than empress/lolchariot and only accessable to 75 so it doesnt screw the leveling game, but edges off the mindless merit PTs

i dont think zones should be empty, but not every area in can be like the thickets camp that just looks like a swirling mass of mobs that refuse to link with eachother that respawn right after you kill them... but i dont think it would hurt the concept of the game if they put in more areas like this. They could even put a story behind it, at least for beastman~ put like a small building/barraks(sp?) that spits out beastman(lolthey'rebeingtrained) and you wail on them with exp/merit PTs. it wouldnt hurt the story, and it would make sense to have this swirling mass of repopping mobs around a beastman structure..damnit nvm, they'd link and you'd die so hard >_> you'd have to buttfuck it to hell for it to work, but hey, we're always up for that amirite?

i think its time for level cap increase areas,

that will breathe new life to this game,

after 2 odd years of having a set way of priming equips/chars @75, you sure every mage will /rdm but does that really matter? you really think rdm mains will disapear ? if you really think this do a /sea all drg 75 not knocking loldrg, people will find away.

if they want to they can make content challenging, its just a case of is it financially feasible to do so,

technically they dont even need to create new areas, they can just cop out easy and copy and paste current maps and call it nether/dream world, ala dynamis, and just retool the mobs in the area,

its not rocket science, it can be done,

keep an eye out on Blizz, and the changes coming with the first expantion to that game, they are redoing the endgame, wiping out 40man content and changing the ways the community and playerbase interacts with each other, they are not only making the game socially less damaging but allowing smaller groups to participate in the fullness of all the content,

CoP is a disgrace, we all know this, and i hope they do too, its time do something to progress this game, leveling another job to 75 is not my idea of fun,

Sea Torques
    BG Level

More alternative exp would own, they're certainly moving in that direction but could speed it up immensely. Weekly Memoirs are great but 4k a week c'mon, 4k a day is more reasonable. And they really need to make dynamis mobs give like 2-4 exp each, I don't think 1k per run is going to drastically alter the game.

How SE deals with it is quite disturbing, the 3 kings will never be obsolete content because its the only place in the game where you can obtain the most saught-after items from, if the development team could somehow make this shit easier to obtain im sure 99% of their player-base would get on their knees to suck dick for it. Im not saying make E.body drop from stupid easy shit like BCNM60s or even KS99s...but at least make it easier than sitting there in the same fucking zone for 3 hours every day with 200 other people looking to get the same god damn item.

If SE made armor that surpassed 3-year old gear it'd be great too, if they could give us a hint to any better end-game armor i would very much like to see it. How they plan to deal with overpopulation of end-game is a great question to ask, and more EXP zones are always welcome...most of the "mainland" zones are desolate because the EXP rate is much lower most of the time, i tried Lufaise for the first time in ages the other night and birds there barely topped 150/kill on chains so i was quite disappointed at how much of a loss it was compared to say, nomading in Mamook.

Asking what the fuck they're going to do about their psychopathic Aern in Al'Taieu is a really watered-down idea but still a solid question, since they made the damn thing so hard to spawn but gave it a drop item that has the capacity to put an end to Speed Belts with 100M+ price tags. Asking if they're fix CoP dynamis to where people are actually given a drop rate worth their time, and why the hell Dynamis-Tavnazia is so restricted. On a lighter note, i'd like to know if they'll ever increase the cap on old merits...say 12/12 for HP/MP and 10/10 for Attributes, maybe capping parry/eva/shield/guard at 8 instead of 4...etc. Increasing the new job merit capacity would be a big plus as well, +9 Defense cap on Pro V just isnt worth it...hell maybe even increasing old job merits to 15/15 would work.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Out of all the things the game needs, the power to grind to 80 is not one of them. It would be the stupidest thing SE ever did when there's so much else they could do that's -NOT- game breaking. Here's something else, if they were going to raise the cap, merits would have never, ever come into play. Raising level cap without addressing the so many other broken things is stupid, just stupid.

SE doesn't need to keep a eye on Blizzard BTW because FFXI and WoW aren't the same game. Blizzard is doing what IT'S doing because WoW's aim has and will always be to keep the largest number of people playing. The "Everyone can kick ass" mindset. They aren't doing it to be any less "socially damaging" but because if more people can do shit, more people will play and keep playing. It's purely for profit, nothing noble about it, but it is smart. It's one reason I think so many FFXI players who go to it end up rabid FFXI haters and WoW fanboys, because instead of fighting over scraps, everyone ends up with something and everyone reaches their goal of max e-penis quicker then with FFXI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    More alternative exp would own, they're certainly moving in that direction but could speed it up immensely. Weekly Memoirs are great but 4k a week c'mon, 4k a day is more reasonable.
    Not really. SE never has intended to allow people to gain EXP WoW style. The ENM's were a bit of a fluke and they STILL need a party. I don't ever see SE changing it so you can gain large amount of exp soloing a mission for a little bit.
    It's a question of what you consider to be "a large amount". I don't see 4k per day as a large amount but evidently you do. I already enjoy the privledge of 3k per day in about 1 hour with solo NIN and my Empress Band and I beleive that's a very reasonable amount, 1 merit every 3.3 days or so. Hardly game breaking when you consider I could go out with a PT and get a ton more.

Althought I wasn't talking about PT vs solo they do need more solo exp (Choco Race) and more small group exp content (Escort). Getting 6-18 people together is a pain in the ass, it would be so nice to have something where you could just grab a couple of people and get 2k exp in an hour once per day doing some silly little quest, like a daily Escort.

More things like this will keep more casual players coming back everyday for some exp instead of dreading LFG for 2 hours, fighting for 1 hour and then disbanding.

SE doesn't need to keep a eye on Blizzard BTW because FFXI and WoW aren't the same game. Blizzard is doing what IT'S doing because WoW's aim has and will always be to keep the largest number of people playing. The "Everyone can kick ass" mindset. They aren't doing it to be any less "socially damaging" but because if more people can do shit, more people will play and keep playing. It's purely for profit, nothing noble about it, but it is smart. It's one reason I think so many FFXI players who go to it end up rabid FFXI haters and WoW fanboys, because instead of fighting over scraps, everyone ends up with something and everyone reaches their goal of max e-penis quicker then with FFXI.

ffxi is much more a epeen game than wow ever could be,

from your comments it doesnt appear that you want anyone else playing the game, and you want less people to play it,

i dislike both games, and as the days go by im disliking mmo's as a whole, been at this since NA pc release and have done everything but CoP, so im not new to this,

and its because of this type of player thinking that leads me to believe i should walk away from it,

btw, you ague both sides on one paragrath, so i really cant make out what you mean,

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gasgul

ffxi is much more a epeen game than wow ever could be,

from your comments it doesnt appear that you want anyone else playing the game, and you want less people to play it,

i dislike both games, and as the days go by im disliking mmo's as a whole, been at this since NA pc release and have done everything but CoP, so im not new to this,

and its because of this type of player thinking that leads me to believe i should walk away from it,

btw, you ague both sides on one paragrath, so i really cant make out what you mean,
    He didn't argue for either side, I'm pretty sure you're actually retarded.

I don't think that adding more merits or end-game EXP solves anything. Any idiot can exp for hours, get a few merits, and improve their character.

They should add Solo or Small-Group style fights with unique rewards that improve your job. As much as people whine about the ENM60 Puppet Attachments, it's a great way to weed out the weak and give dedicated/skilled players a chance to make themselves better than everyone else.

It would be kind of cool if they added something like this for all of the jobs. I wish this was how we got the new job-specific abilities, instead of just more merits

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want more reasons to use retarded subjobs. mnk/rdm reason can I have it?