+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lol David Copperfield     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

lol David Copperfield

By Jane Sutton Tue Aug 15, 11:43 AM ET

MIAMI (Reuters) - The man who made the Statue of Liberty appear to vanish may soon claim to do the same for unsightly bags and wrinkles.

Master illusionist David Copperfield says he has found the "Fountain of Youth" in the southern Bahamas, amid a cluster of four tiny islands he recently bought for $50 million (26.4 million pounds).

One of his islands in the Exuma chain, Musha Cay, is a private resort that rents for up to $300,000 a week and the other islands serve as buffers to keep prying eyes away from celebrity guests on the white sand beaches.

Copperfield is coy about his reasons for the Fountain of Youth claim, but the man best known for entertaining with grand deception insists his archipelago also contains the legendary waters that bestow perpetual youth. Seriously.

"I've discovered a true phenomenon," he told Reuters in a telephone interview. "You can take dead leaves, they come in contact with the water, they become full of life again. ... Bugs or insects that are near death, come in contact with the water, they'll fly away. It's an amazing thing, very, very exciting."

Copperfield, who turns 50 next month, said he had hired biologists and geologists to examine its potential effect on humans but he's not inviting visitors to swim in or drink from it just yet.
    Found this on Yahoo and got a kick out of it. I say he is full of shit.

I say he's full of it too, good call Heian.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

publicity stunt

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

No way, totally real. I'm super cereal.

probably going to be some huge spectacular magic trick that he's going to pull off

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Immortaldonut
    probably going to be some huge spectacular magic trick that he's going to pull off
    thus, this man is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortaldonut
    NO SHIT! I thought it was gonna be real!

All sarcasm aside, people need to take this for what it is. Of course David Copperfield doesn't believe he's found the fountain of youth. Everyone knows he's full of shit, including himself. Bringing in the biologists and all that nonsense is just to give it hype. He's a performer, that's his job.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Bebopaloo
    I say he's full of it too, good call Heian.
    Shut up smartass lol, I mean he is always full of shit. He is an illisionist, he makes his living by tricking people. I just think its funny that he made front page on Yahoo, they must be really digging for stories.

I am not a smart ass I was being 100% sincere T__T

Man I can't wait til you get WoW, messin with you is gunna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.