BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RDM PSA from Septimus     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I totaly agree!

One way to spot a bad player/RMTer is if there wearing wise set only those
    really stupid or with way to much money would buy it!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You forgot to mention Nashira Gages and Seraweels. I use the gages on my RDM (Magic Acc +3, Haste+1%, Enmity-4), and they're pretty nice for your refresh/haste cycle, stunning, and drains/aspirs. You can also use them if you have trouble landing enfeebles, as well, though I might recommend +MND gloves if you don't have any problems.

Nashira Seraweels is also nice with Enfeebling Skill +5, Magic Accuracy +3, and Haste +2%. It can be used for just about anything: enfeebling, MBing, drain/aspir, refresh/haste cycles, stunning, etc.

Both are great pieces for a lot of builds, with the only better items being a +MND item when enfeebling something you don't get resisted by.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Friends dont let friends wear wise gear.
    Some people really need friends on Fenrir, Kuno.
    A-fucking-men.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    What I'm still trying to determine is, on the "all or nothing" enfeebles such as Silence, Sleep, Gravity, what increases the duration on a partial resist. Is it worth macroing in the +stat gear for those? I tend to think no on those spells, but yes on the Paralyze/Slow/Blind enfeebles which have varying degrees of success.
    um lol

how is duration not a varying degree of success? yes they have aa small amount of randomization and also the factor of learned resistance (see: gravity on kirin), but the stat is still going to boost your duration if tess on para slow etc mean anything for enfeebling in general.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    another thing about wise gear is that it's godawful ugly.. jesus christ

edit: WTF? thanatos baselard for enfeebling skill? what retard wrote up this list?

staves should be used for everything cept for stoneskin
    No, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    We all know that people play RDM just to Refresh and Haste, what this nonsense you say about Enfeebling Magic?! Everyone knows RDMs have no SKILL in Enfeebling, so it's best to just leave it up to the WHMs, BLMs BRD/WHMs and the RNG/WHMs.
    I know they are only Ts, but I was duoing ghrahs in palace with a friend yesterday and found them really easy to debuff on BLM/WHM with underlevelled enfeebling (205-ish out of 240?).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    another thing about wise gear is that it's godawful ugly.. jesus christ

edit: WTF? thanatos baselard for enfeebling skill? what retard wrote up this list?

staves should be used for everything cept for stoneskin
    No, try again.
    I use Pride Staff D:

Nashira Seraweels are a fucking no-brainer, Sept didn't include things like that in his list because those aren't really easily attainable, his list did have mostly easily obtainable gear that end-game rdms can wear instead of Wise.

I'm curious--and asking this seriously and not rhetorically--but Septimus's post appears to imply that it's been demonstrated somewhere that an increase in Magic Accuracy is equivalent to an increase to all magic skills by the same value, and I was wondering if this actually the case, as I've been wondering about their relationship for some time.

Edit: Or rather not implies, but outright states, but I've never seen any decent tests.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Amen!

Its really sad when i see rdms wear wise (and worse) gear full time, and its even worse to think they actually paid money for all that crap.
    Another one of my pet peeves is Rdms that wear Vermillion cloak full time to enfeeble and nuke in...

If your gonna do your job, do it right. Otherwise go level drg.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Estuans interius
    ira vehementi
    Estuans interius
    ira vehementi
    SEPTIROTH
    SEPTIROTH

http://sonomaa.com/bg/septiroth.jpg
    best post I have ever seen on this forum, EVAR.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    What I'm still trying to determine is, on the "all or nothing" enfeebles such as Silence, Sleep, Gravity, what increases the duration on a partial resist. Is it worth macroing in the +stat gear for those? I tend to think no on those spells, but yes on the Paralyze/Slow/Blind enfeebles which have varying degrees of success.
    um lol

how is duration not a varying degree of success? yes they have aa small amount of randomization and also the factor of learned resistance (see: gravity on kirin), but the stat is still going to boost your duration if tess on para slow etc mean anything for enfeebling in general.
    See bold.

I very rarely see partial resists on any of those enfeebles on non-HNM mobs. In Dynamis, if something resists a sleep at all (Kindred PLD in Dyna-Xarc for instance), it's far more likely to outright resist it rather than partially resist it. From my experience, if not outright resisted, I can pretty much depend on that mob being out of my hair for the 1:00 or 1:40 the Sleep is cast for. Silence and Gravity are also pretty dependable that way, although less so. Is it worth swapping in the +stat on those enfeebles or just stick with skill? I tend to think the latter -- I'd be willing to listen to arguments the other way, though.

Another question your post raised is if the amount of learned resistance varies at all based on skill and potency. And does learned resistance raise on failed attempts? I tend to think no on both. It's a hard thing to quantify. But knowing SE, the next big stat on new equipment will be "Reduces enemies' rate of learned resistance to enfeebles."

P.S. Ontopic: never purchased a piece of wise gear in my life. If I desperately needed INT for some reason, I might go Wise Pigaches +1.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think Tsunade had decent tests comparing specifically enfeebling on RDM vs m.acc on RDM casting enfeebling spells. He approximated 3 m.acc = 1 skill for the former scenario, whether it changes for a skill that isn't your A+, dunno, or how accurate that may or may not be. But even Septimus gave it more credit than that, saying Wise Cap would be better than Elite Beret for casting enfeebles and even then we want to flame the set. I'll look for them.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    I'm curious--and asking this seriously and not rhetorically--but Septimus's post appears to imply that it's been demonstrated somewhere that an increase in Magic Accuracy is equivalent to an increase to all magic skills by the same value, and I was wondering if this actually the case, as I've been wondering about their relationship for some time.

Edit: Or rather not implies, but outright states, but I've never seen any decent tests.
    Skill > Accuracy, even in a 1:1 ratio

If you choose to save equipment slots by using m.acc instead that's up to you. Skill has been tested to actually improve potency (not as much as MND), whereas m.acc does nothing for it. M.acc is catchall gear for people that can't do HNMLS or endgame and will never see AF2 or better gear, people made too big of deal out of it because RDM's overthink everything since that's our job.

edit for above post, I tested Elite Beret +1 vs. Wise Cap +1 and picked the beret, obviously wise cap does a little for everything including dark so if that puts it on top for you then so be it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

surprised errant feet aren't on your list.

The only wise set piece I use is the feet, but I switch those out with errant depending on which piece I'm using. But now I'm depating on getting yigit feet and sell those two. not sure though XD

other than that 100% agreement on your post. tired of silly rdms ;;

Is it not possible that the relationship between Macc and skill varies depending on the strength of the enemy you're fighting? Depending on where Magic Accuracy + modification enters the accuracy equation, you would think that this could be the case.

For example, say it gets tacked on at the end. If you're casting gravity, blind, sleep, or an elemental magic spell, you've got some elaborate function of your INT, your target's INT, your skill in that magic type, the element of your spell, any +resistance to that element of your target, the effects of day/weather should the activate on that cast, etc. If that comes out to give you an X% chance of landing your spell, but Magic Accuracy +5 say makes that X+5% or X+.5% or X+(5/256)% or whatever, then it would seem that it could be more or less useful depending on the level your enemy, so just testing it on lvl 0 monsters wouldn't cut it.

Not saying it works that way, but it could work any of a variety of ways that would present a similar problem in testing.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I wear wise pants because I look like a monochrome clown in Mahatma but outside of cosmetics (*'-')b Wise gear is generally trash and I'd rather see (another) set of DRG JSE in it's place, hell make it acessible to SAM with some -phys% dmg and and

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I wear wise pants because I look like a monochrome clown in Mahatma but outside of cosmetics (*'-')b Wise gear is generally trash and I'd rather see (another) set of DRG JSE in it's place, hell make it acessible to SAM with some -phys% dmg and and
    i found hexic and a brick attack game that you can play solo btw

Banned.

BG Level

Making Magic Accuracy 1=1 with skill isn't a bad idea, esp. if skill drops to .9 accuracy above a certain level like melee. I think the problem is, there should be at least 10 Magic Accuracy on a body piece, or some MND/INT(+3 to 4 range), so RDMs are getting something between Errant and Warlock's.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    go get some jet serweels son and toss those mahatma!